Confession time! Who downloaded Years of Refusal?

Confession time! Who downloaded Years of Refusal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will wait until February - I will, I will, I will.

Still, all this freaking-out is making me freak-out.

Exactly!

The "No, I'll wait"s will have to start our own thread to discuss the record. Others, feel free to jump in and say "I told ya so". ;)

well I caved in...I downloaded it! LOL! I never had any patience....so much for me waiting until Feb. I'm Just Listening to it now!!........

The "No, I'll wait"s will have to start our own thread to discuss the record. Others, feel free to jump in and say "I told ya so". ;)

Yep, delayed gratification is a bitch, but I must agree with King Leer and the other poster who insists on herbal tea: A new Moz album should be a proper, high-fidelity event, with all the ritual afforded any religious experience. ;)

Man, I wish I could hear the studio SISMS right now, though - it's already one of my favorite Moz songs (thanks to YouTube).

Yep, delayed gratification is a bitch, but I must agree with King Leer and the other poster who insists on herbal tea: A new Moz album should be a proper, high-fidelity event, with all the ritual afforded any religious experience. ;)

Man, I wish I could hear the studio SISMS right now, though - it's already one of my favorite Moz songs (thanks to YouTube).

The waiting is the hardest part... but there is strength in numbers. “32” (as of this posting) to be exact. ;)

I've just had my first listen to Years Of Refusal and I do like it....It's catchy! I had already heard a few of the tracks:

All You Need Is Me
Thats How People Grow Up
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed

the other tracks that stand out for me are:

It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
When Last I spoke To Carol
Something Is Squeezing My Skull

um....I'm not sure yet..what I think of it in terms of lyrics, its too early to say, but musically speaking it's quite catchy. I mean it was only recently Ringleader Of The Tormentors has sounded better to me. This album is quite catchy...so I think after a few more listens it will be even better.

At first I thought "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" would be my favourite song but it's actually "Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed" that is really hitting me!

I like it! Thumbs up! :guitar: :D

I used to refuse to download anything prior to the release of the album, but I think the last time I actually managed that was with Maladjusted. These days, I get too upset about missing out on the early discussions about the songs to wait. If I wait, I'm afraid that by the time I listen to the album, everyone will have moved on to the next b-side and nobody will want to discuss that old album anymore.

Bump!

Unfortunately some votes had been lost due to database error last night.

Please vote if your name isn't in there. :o

By the way, this is a really bad poll. The first option should be something objective like "Downloaded it" not "Yes, I did! Love the album and going to buy a copy in February." I can't select that option because, although I downloaded it and I will buy a copy because I'm a completist, I don't love it. So, there's nothing for me to select on this poll. I'm aggravated. Won't somebody soothe my tortured soul???

By the way, this is a really bad poll. The first option should be something objective like "Downloaded it" not "Yes, I did! Love the album and going to buy a copy in February." I can't select that option because, although I downloaded it and I will buy a copy because I'm a completist, I don't love it. So, there's nothing for me to select on this poll. I'm aggravated. Won't somebody soothe my tortured soul???

I'm sorry I didn't think about other options.
It's a result of overwhelmingly positive reactions from the people who downloaded the album.

If you voted the poll Tuesday 6th January, please vote again.
Due to database error some votes have been lost.

Last edited:

Yes, whoever created this poll was an idiot (haven't gone back to check who it was).

I downloaded the album because the download was promoted on the main page and Morrissey has put Morrissey-Solo.Com in the liner notes of some of his releases. I had assumed this was some sort of intentional leak by Morrissey's label. I downloaded it by accident. I was browsing the main page, I went to a link posted there, and 5 minutes later the album was playing in my ITunes, with me like, "Whoa, how'd that happen?" When I downloaded it, I (like everyone else) had no idea whether I would love it or not.

Three days later, I am falling in love with the album, but I'm not sure I will go to a store in February to purchase it. Since Morrissey-Solo.com already gave it to me for free, I can be pretty lazy about actually buying it at a store (if I do so at all).

Very good album, though! Some of my initial displeasures are washing away, as usually happens with a Morrissey album.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom