Morrissey Central "DAVID VANCE" (June 17, 2023)

DAVID VANCE

unnamed-2.jpg

Presumably Morrissey is currently asking for some retribution over and above that offered by British law—for the Manchester and (now) Nottingham attacks.

I think it’s legitimate to ask what it is exactly that Morrissey desires, then. And in the absence of any willingness to make that answer explicit, people will speculate.

The focus of that speculation gets narrower when we are directed to people such as David Vance and Ann Marie Waters (I don’t know much about Vance but I’ve subscribed to his podcast to give him a fair hearing).

As it stands Morrissey is, of course, operating well within his rights. But others are operating well within their’s when they are left to draw their own conclusions.

There might be a wider question about what does, or does not, constitute racism. And there are clearly legitimate issues about who gets to decide.

In the UK, even the idea of extending generosity to refugees is being defined as ‘racist’ by some—as it supposes a power British people are apparently not allowed to have. I’m personally concerned about this.

Nevertheless, it seems to me that Morrissey feels he (and people who agree with him) are to be the (apparently disinterested) arbiters of racism. I accept marking your own homework is a nice pastime, but it might mark you out as being completely f***ing bonkers. And possibly something worse.

A public execution would be nice.

I don't think you would ever have Morrissey attempting to deny the posts are from him, it's others who are doing that.

Lets just assume it's either A) Morrissey or B) Approved by Morrissey - anything else is just pie in the sky conspiracy theory

well, it’s definitely an inside job.

What we now term the British? I think that term has been around quite a while.
Yes that’s my point for BB. Either the British are “indigenous” or nobody is. Just be consistent.

Bonfire is all very negative, why didn't he celebrate the 500% increase in hate crimes that followed the atrocity instead. That's what the cheesy Don't look back in anger stuff was about, what does he want people to do?

One clearly bothers him more than the other.
Cite some “hate crimes” and death toll.

Cite some “hate crimes” and death toll.

What sort of level hate would satisfy you?
Who mentioned a death toll? you want full on race riots or something in Manchester, would that be enough for Morrissey?. All i said was having a go at/mocking people doing their best to cope with a suicide bombing in their town is not a good look, there was plenty of anger and hate he can champion instead.

It's not a good song., it's more about him than the victims.

What sort of level hate would satisfy you?
Who mentioned a death toll? you want full on race riots or something in Manchester, would that be enough for Morrissey?. All i said was having a go at/mocking people doing their best to cope with a suicide bombing in their town is not a good look, there was plenty of anger and hate he can champion instead.

It's not a good song., it's more about him than the victims.

It’s sometimes unfortunate that art is by it’s very nature open to interpretation. But where did Morrissey say to be angry and channel that emotion physically against anyone? That seems to be your take on the song.

Yeah, how about “be angry and demand that the government takes better counter terrorism measures”?
It’s sometimes unfortunate that art is by it’s very nature open to interpretation. But where did Morrissey say to be angry and channel that emotion physically against anyone? That seems to be your take on the song.

Last edited:
Yeah, how about “be angry and demand that the government takes better counter terrorism measures”?
This is aimed primarily at the political correctness of politicians, the media, but also part of society. Political correctness that has become so absurd that people are afraid to say what they really feel, even when they feel anger. Political correctness that sometimes leads to the criminal also becoming the victim. This is the other side of the coin . That's what Morrissey sings about.

And of course this song has nothing to do with the extreme populist racist , homophobic and fascist balderdash of this bald guy .

Last edited:
He's going to be angry till the "day he dies" unlike the "morons" singing

I'm not seeing solutions and government policy suggestions, just an angry moron singing.

It's not political correctness to try and deal with grief in a healthy way that doesn't consume you, PC is about shared language that people don't think about when they use it. it's a terrible song, careless and i still think even now, beneath him.

He's going to be angry till the "day he dies" unlike the "morons" singing

I'm not seeing solutions and government policy suggestions, just an angry moron singing.

It's not political correctness to try and deal with grief in a healthy way that doesn't consume you, PC is about shared language that people don't think about when they use it. it's a terrible song, careless and i still think even now, beneath him.

Like art, shared language is often left to interpretation. And you have yours.

I'm afraid that before I got to the 2nd sentence, I'm like
78e8fd2c149725c16c9695f4b34020fb.gif
To all the mourning friends and relatives: I'm sorry 'going home' felt the need to do this but...they're in a better place now...all the signs were there...if only you'd managed to stage an intervention...just throw all the Morrissey memorabilia into the crematorium flames as well...

RIP

🙏

BB

No......there were a lot of bees and saying "we're stronger together".

To be honest I'm not really sure what you're saying, the Don't look back in anger thing wasn't about letting terrorists or religious maniacs who encouraged it off or anything like that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom