Don't Get the Swine Flu Shot!

I caught the story on FOX (where it aired before the IE piece) so I will take issue with FOX, if you don't mind.

As for people who are stupid enough to take advice from a pop star forum...

...You've been here long enough to know the place is crawling with them.

Just to clear something up, Inside Edition is a syndicated program.

Not sure why Mmmm is so authoritarian about the media, and doesn't want the media to air concerns about vaccines. (I bet he's a leftist!)

I think I saw Mmmm in one of the health care threads going on about how the Canadian health care system is the be-all-end-all. Strange that so many Canadians, then, come to the Cleveland Clinic in my city.

(As far as Canadian media goes, they recently put acclaimed political writer Mark Steyn on trial (literally) because he's not the biggest fan of Islam. They also wanted to put Howard Stern on trial...for what I forget-- something stupid.)

Mmmmm is well trained by his government to believe whatever the government tells him.

That said, I'm not offering any advice on the flu vaccines. I never got a flu vaccine in my life, and I have no plans to get one. But I'm not in one of the high risk groups. I'm pretty sure my immune system would kick the pig flu's ass. I've never even considered getting a flu shot. (Is it true that some parents actually haul their kids into a Walgreens and let some drugstore person inject Lord-knows-what into them?) If I did consider it, I'd do a lot of reasearch beforehand. Mmmm does as his government tells him, like a good boy.

Obama told us we should sneeze in our sleeves, too. Ick -- I don't wanna get snot on my sleeves!

Last edited:
Your doctor friend must be a genius to diagnose people based on a youtube video.

I dunno, but I am sure they are brighter than you are.

And I def think you can spot an organic illness verses conversion disorder based on a video...

:)

Oooooh Smarten up!

First:
-she got a seasonal flu shot, not H1N1
-its on Fox news
-there is no corroboration from any neurological professionals who examined her
-36 000 people in the US DIE of regular seasonal flu annually
-10 days after the vaccine? She do anything else in 10 days? like maybe fall in a cheerleading routine? suffer a stroke? get sick with something else?
-there is mercury in vaccines - less than in a tuna sandwich

Think before you post

:angry::flamethrow:

:ha-no:

I mean, you people are deranged. Fox News is not on some jihad against the pig flu shot. The clip posted is from Inside Edition, a syndicated program.

I'm not getting a pig flu shot because I feel my immune system would kick the pig flu's ass and I ain't worried. Since there's apparently a shortage of the vaccine, I guess I can fashion myself as less selfish, too. And I suspect that the government focuses its concerns more on preventing a wide outbreak than on caring about what toxins are injected into my body. So I'm a little paranoid as well. So what. I care more about my own body's health; the government cares more about stopping a wide break-out.

I don't get what any of this has to do with Fox News. There's a clip from Inside Edition in the thread and all the nutty lefties start going on about Fox News, which has nothing to do with Inside Edition. I know some of you lefties are all worked up about Fox News because they are not in the tank for Obama. Maybe Obama should be making sure there's enough vaccine to go around, if this pig flu is such a big deal.

The most worked up shit I've seen in the American television media about the pig flu vaccine was on the hard-left PETA-loving Bill Maher program, and Jenny McCarthy's appearance on CNN's Larry King Live, not Fox News. I bet anything Fox News has done on the pig flu has been "fair and balanced". Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I wouldn't sign the releasde for my daughter to get the swine flu shot at school. As a result she tells me the teacher made her pull a card, which is a nice way of saying she got a warning for being bad. They can kiss my ass.

I wanted to get the vaccine, cause I'm in a vulnerable population group, but both the family doctor and the district nurse are strongly against it.

My doctor and I wanted me to get it , but they landed up having just the "live" version, and as I am on immunosuppressors then I would land up just actually getting the flu from the vaccine.I am not worried, my diet and healthy lifestyle gives me good protection.I was ill a few weeks ago, not sure if it was flu or whatever, but while everyone I knew was sick for a week or more, I was sick just a couple days.Not bad, when considering, I don't have much of a immune system thanks to the immunosuppressors.

Benefits outweigh the risks. End of.

I got my seasonal flu shot last month, just waiting for my doc to get the H1N1 vaccine in & I'm there. My kids have had their seasonal flu mists and one of two nasal mists for H1N1. They are still walking forwards. ;) I don't know why you wouldn't protect yourself & kids given the opportunity to do so (fear of the unknown?) The CDC has had less than 200 complaints of side effects from the vaccine.

So does the doctor think we should get the swine flu shot?

I don't know what the doc wants for you... I don't think she has an agenda just friendly advice and some knowledge to share.

She suggested I might want to get it if I intend on being near my niece and nephew after I visit the swine flu capitol of the world next month... Pune, India which has more deaths from H1N1 than anywhere else in the world.

I am still not getting it though... I will quarantine before handling the children.

I can't be bothered to go to the doctor for some flu shot. I'll take my chances.

I don't know what the doc wants for you... I don't think she has an agenda just friendly advice and some knowledge to share.

She suggested I might want to get it if I intend on being near my niece and nephew after I visit the swine flu capitol of the world next month... Pune, India which has more deaths from H1N1 than anywhere else in the world.

I am still not getting it though... I will quarantine before handling the children.

I can't be bothered to go to the doctor for some flu shot. I'll take my chances.

:eek: You're going to its epicenter? You should really get vaccinated, suparni.
Now I'll be worried sick about you. :o:)

:eek: You're going to its epicenter? You should really get vaccinated, suparni.
Now I'll be worried sick about you. :o:)

Hahah... don't worry Coz, I will not be out in the crowded streets or in the metro etc. I have a private, clean, beautiful, white marble flat and will be taking very good care not to be in the crowded streets...except maybe for some photoshoots around mumbai, where frankly, I tend to be more worried about the lepers who poke and rub at me with their stubs for coins... THAT always worries me and I really felt horrible the first time I shuddered and violently pulled away from a child who touched me like that... with those piercing desperate eyes that are not long for this world... Frankly I am not worried about swine flu at all.

Hahah... don't worry Coz, I will not be out in the crowded streets or in the metro etc. I have a private, clean, beautiful, white marble flat and will be taking very good care not to be in the crowded streets...except maybe for some photoshoots around mumbai, where frankly, I tend to be more worried about the lepers who poke and rub at me with their stubs for coins... THAT always worries me and I really felt horrible the first time I shuddered and violently pulled away from a child who touched me like that... with those piercing desperate eyes that are not long for this world... Frankly I am not worried about swine flu at all.

Oh great. I feel so much better now. Have a great trip! :thumb::lbf: No, srsly...pls be careful. Do you have a HazMat suit to wear? btw, swine flu can check into swanky hotels too, y'know. ;)

I've had this flu.:squiffy:

Yikes, sorry. You were officially diagnosed with it? How long did it last? Do you have to jog to talk normal? :p

Oh great. I feel so much better now. Have a great trip! :thumb::lbf: No, srsly...pls be careful. Do you have a HazMat suit to wear? btw, swine flu can check into swanky hotels too, y'know. ;)

Oh no... I am not going to any swanky hotel. I have rented a spacious flat and I intend to make sure it is disinfected before I put my things away!

I just have to make sure my cleaner and laundry person are H1N1 free... how to make sure of that? I think I would rather get the flu than give up the laundry and cleaner people.

Tags
**white lines *don't do it
Back
Top Bottom