Eindhoven - Muziekgebouw (Aug. 5, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / People Are The Same Everwhere / Scandinavia / Black Cloud / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / Irish Blood, English Heart / Action Is My Middle Name / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Speedway / Meat is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by Gino Frijns

Concert photos by Steven Wallraf at yourconcertshots.com - link posted by YourConcertShots

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a "great show" as long as Jesse Tobias is in the band.

Makes no difference what he started said or encored with this tour has been a universal flop a disasterous foolish jaunt by a stupid self centered fame struck shallow man.

You have NO appreciation for greatness or achievement! Griffin, Georgia was named for my Great(x5)Grand Father. Right or wrong, we still admire him for his greatness and achievements!

Great show yesterday in Eindhoven! Morrissey's voice was great and the band played very well!

I got the original setlist from the light-engineer, so hear it is in good order (made a picture of it but cannot upload to this site, has to go through an url.....)

Every day is like Sunday
There is a light that never goes out
I'm throwing my arms around Paris
You have killed me
Alma Matters (my absolute favorite Moz-song so thank God for that one)
People are the same Everywhere
Scandinavia
Black Cloud (thé surprise of the day)
You're the one for me, fatty
Sattelite of love (Moz said: "I wrote this song with a little help from Lou Reed")
I know it's over
Irish Blood, English Heart
Action is my middle name
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Speedway
Meat is Murder
-----------------------
First of the Gang to die

Was in Lokeren also, which was an awsome show too but I like Moz to perform solo in a small venue where he can interact more with the crowd. He seems to be more comfortable then.

BTW, this was my first post on this site and I'm amazed by the amount of people posting bad things about Morrissey and / or the band. Obviously, these people spent a lot of time visiting this website and reading it all day which can only mean that they secretly love Morrissey and want to stay tuned on everything he does......I'm from Holland and we have a saying about that. I'm going to try to translate it as good as possible: "What comes out of your mouth, is where your Heart is filled with" (for these sad people you can replace mouth by fingers, as thet spent a lot of time typing about Morrissey.......).

I follow this site for years now so I want to give a big Thank You to the webmaster and all the true Moz-fans for keeping me up-to-date about Morrissey and his gigs!

"Until you can stand me no more!" was how Morrissey opened his gig last night at Eindhoven.

Well, we might reach that point pretty soon.

He started with "Everyday Is Like Sunday" which was butchered by his band in the most painfull and embarrassing way imaginable. Same goes for "There is a light that never goes out". What should have been highlights of the evening were reduced to nothing more than a poor opening.

Morrissey, if you are reading this (and we all know you do) please fire your band. ALL of them! They are destroying what is left of your career. They can't hold a tune if their life depended on it. Every song sounded exactly the same: one big cluncky mess.

As for Morrissey himself, he seemed moody and bored. There was absolutely no chemistry between him and the audience. I have to give the dutch crowd credit for cheering him on, even though it was obvious that he was performing with the same zest I have for doing the dishes or mowing the lawn. Just another job the do.

"I know it's over" was the highlight of the show. The one song that Morrissey truly sang with conviction. Maybe because deep down he knows it's true. It's over.

I know it's over.

I will not be going to any more Morrissey gigs. This was the final straw. Yesterday evening had nothing to do with music. It was all about filling his retirement fund. Uninspired and lackluster. How sad.

Anyway, I'm off to the Gay Pride Canal Parade in Amsterdam. Time to have some real fun! :thumb:

no go though having the ticket long for Morrissey's gig in me own town

I doubted, but his behaviour eject and banDavid T for life and his childish t shirt about this site and the Norwegian shooting compared with the food industry, and his comment about the shooter, decided at late afternoon
not to go, no need to sell the ticket...

I will adore his music, and will buy every release , that's the strangest part...

but he's got a lot of critc against people, why can't Morrissey and his band not be
criticized, he's a total controlfreak, living very private though being a singer artist.

There's a dutch revieuw in the paper today, t ' Eindhovens Dagblad' but the revieuwer
'had' to go, cause he didn't like Morrissey though the revieuw was not a slag off

:(

[glad I didn't go, the paper says Morrissey told security they had to search by entrance,I would've walked home]

Last edited:
Do people on here wonder why the old regular posters have cleared off? This site has become a cesspit where idiots and cretins dwell.

Meanwhile the rest of us are enjoying this tour. Thank you very much.

On with the freakshow...

Morrissey said something about a woman (i forgot the name) who was born in Eindhoven and the audience seemed quite puzzled. Does anybody know who he was talking about about? I checked Wikipedia but still haven't got a clue.

Morrissey said something about a woman (i forgot the name) who was born in Eindhoven and the audience seemed quite puzzled. Does anybody know who he was talking about about? I checked Wikipedia but still haven't got a clue.

It was someone like Lara Stone??? It s on my YouTube clip that I will be uploading soon

I'm a bit dissapointed. Moz seemed to be tired (maybe because it's almost the end of the tour). I loved 'Everyday is like sunday' and the 'Meat is murder'-outro, but as a whole this was not Morrissey at his best. The stacato sounding lyricschange in m.i.m. ("kill, eat, murder") made the song a lot less strong I think. The flow of the original lyrics ("dead for no reason") was lacking. Unfortunately no 'I can't get...'. The band was okay, solid, but I agree with the person who said that it all sounds (a bit) the same over and over again. Maybe there are just to many people on stage? Despite his comic remark, the Lou Reed cover was a miss, I think, and 'Scandinavian' was awful.
I liked the venue, and the crowd wad enthusiastic. Morrissey got flowers (threw them back a bit later..), shook hands several times.
All in all, this was not the Morrissey I was hoping to see. I will be there when he returns to The Netherlands! :thumb:

"Until you can stand me no more!" was how Morrissey opened his gig last night at Eindhoven.

Well, we might reach that point pretty soon.

He started with "Everyday Is Like Sunday" which was butchered by his band in the most painfull and embarrassing way imaginable. Same goes for "There is a light that never goes out". What should have been highlights of the evening were reduced to nothing more than a poor opening.

Morrissey, if you are reading this (and we all know you do) please fire your band. ALL of them! They are destroying what is left of your career. They can't hold a tune if their life depended on it. Every song sounded exactly the same: one big cluncky mess.

As for Morrissey himself, he seemed moody and bored. There was absolutely no chemistry between him and the audience. I have to give the dutch crowd credit for cheering him on, even though it was obvious that he was performing with the same zest I have for doing the dishes or mowing the lawn. Just another job the do.

"I know it's over" was the highlight of the show. The one song that Morrissey truly sang with conviction. Maybe because deep down he knows it's true. It's over.

I know it's over.

I will not be going to any more Morrissey gigs. This was the final straw. Yesterday evening had nothing to do with music. It was all about filling his retirement fund. Uninspired and lackluster. How sad.

Anyway, I'm off to the Gay Pride Canal Parade in Amsterdam. Time to have some real fun! :thumb:

You have always been a prick and troll here, and probably you are IRL as well. You have lost your credibility a long time ago with your drivel and hatred. Go away and stay away! Thanks in advance

It was someone like Lara Stone??? It s on my YouTube clip that I will be uploading soon

Well I found that LARA STONE is a Dutch supermodel, and was born in Mierlo, near Eindhoven. Don't know why Mozz is intersted in supermodels though....

Did I mention that Mozz sang superb in Eindhoven. His voice is still great!

Great show. The band was awesome; the crowd loved it. Lots of Morrissey chanting. When the band came back on for the encore they all gave the entire front row at least three rounds of high fives - they were clearly very motivated by the enthusiasm.

Morrissey accepted at least three gifts - a book, a card and a vinyl. He seemed happy with the book, he frowned at the vinyl but took it anyway. I don't know their titles.

There is no such thing as a "great show" as long as Steven is in the band.

Oh goodness just let go.
He put the key in Paris
and, along came Scandinavia.
Not literally, of course, but musically.

For the dutch readers

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2583313/morrissey-maalt-niet-mening-monarchisten.html

Translated_

Culture / Muziek

Morrissey served not believe monarchists

LONDON - With his right index finger still in the dressing for a dog bite, gave the former Smiths singer Morrissey Friday night sold out concert at the Music building in Eindhoven.
Photo: NU.nl / Harrij.Stekel van der Burg Netherlands, we only once a performance of The Smiths to witness. On March 21, 1984, the band played in the Meervaart Amsterdam. In 1987, the Mancunians contracted by Pinkpop headlining, but The Smiths broke up before it ever got so far. Shame, still, after all these years.

Barely twenty years later, in June 2006, Morrissey took his performance at Pinkpop in yet. Morrissey has since visited the Netherlands several times and every time did the former frontman of The Smiths have cult status afloat. With his performance in the Music building in Eindhoven is no different.

The singer will be hailed as a demigod. He sings about the tedium of everyday life in opener Everyday Is Like Sunday, and one of his finest songs. Immediately followed by another crowd favorite, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, perhaps the most popular song of 25 years old album The Queen Is Dead.

About Beaten

Apart from There Is A Light That Never Goes Out Morrissey plays a few indie classics from his former band. No less than usual by the way, but typical Smiths songs such as Panic, This Charming Man, Bigmouth Strikes Again be beaten.

Instead prefer to choose Morrissey album tracks. The selection of his solo material is not so much focused on his most famous work, although he You Have Killed Me and You're The One For Me, Fatty pleases almost everyone. A boy who jumps on stage, is the security again forcefully pushed.

Baptism of fire

During this tour shows Morrissey out a few new songs to hear, probably on his new album, go ahead. People Are The Same Everywhere ("Maybe it's true, maybe not") and Action Is My Middle Name experienced their baptism of fire in June at a concert in Scotland.

Another new song on the setlist in Eindhoven, Scandinavia, whose sharp lyrics involuntarily recall the massacre of Anders Breivik Norway. Incidentally, the Norwegian city of Trondheim mentioned in the first line.

Royal house

Of course, a political statement should not be missing this concert of Morrissey. "I love with all my heart I hate England and the British royal family with all my heart," Morrissey said after Irish Blood, English Heart. "And if someone does not approve, so what?"

A song that still evokes controversy, the title track of the second Smiths album Meat Is Murder. The message is still direct and confrontational, but extremely polite. Not the best song from his repertoire, very impressive in this performance. With a loud bang as the unprecedented decision.

Some more backround about Walliams & Stone:
It seems to be that Walliams and Morrissey a friends. Walliams came to visit Morrissey during his stay in Berlin this July. They talked after the concert. Walliams was picked up before the entrace by a female assistant of Morrisseys crew. Lara Stone joined him to the concert in a fancy red dress. It looked kind of strange when both visited the concert in Spandau cause most of the people were dressed like indie-fans or punks. The couple is married since May 2010. Walliams suffers from depression like Morrissey did in his early years (or still does?). This could be a link betweem them. Or he simply enjoys the sound of Morrissey - like we all day here on the page. Well, just ignoring the trolls & nerds your also find here in these days. My guess: Could be people / owners of another Morrissey-page in the www... Anyhow they do not get us! Viva hate!

Back
Top Bottom