Help me, I just discovered that I prefer Kill Uncle to Maladjusted!

A

aaaargh!

Yes, it's true!
I think it's because the music on KU, while incredibly crap, is easier to blot out than the dirge-like music on Mal, which drags Mozzer's voice down with it. But I'm not sure.
There must be something terribly wrong with me.

to each his own, dude

i actually like kill uncle. i like maladjusted as well. but you are right. the music on kill uncle is more subtle and poppy. it's mostly lightweight. the music on maladjusted tends to be darker and plodding at times. that being said, i don't know which i prefer.

> Yes, it's true!
> I think it's because the music on KU, while incredibly crap, is easier to
> blot out than the dirge-like music on Mal, which drags Mozzer's voice down
> with it. But I'm not sure.
> There must be something terribly wrong with me.

Calm down, everything is oK. Kill Uncle is a very nice album. I LOVE KILL UNCLE. The music is just ... different, but suits Morrissey's voice so well. Don't be so ashamed! "Our Frank" is excellent, "Asian Rut" is beautiful, "Sing Your Life" simply lovely, and I won't talk about "There is a Place in Hell for me and my Friends" which is one of the most beautiful song of all time in this entire universe.
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH KILL UNCLE???

That's like deciding a preference between runny or hard shite!

Kill Uncle : An Appreciation

Besides a few clumsy lines, I like Kill uncle alot. I find it alot more musically interesting than the Bona Drag stuff. I find alot of BD boring, and it's always been popular with critics and fans. 'Sing Yr Life' is an underrated classic. And although short, so many good songs : Asian rut, Tony the Pony, There is a Place.., King Leer. I think Maladjusted would be much better if the music was as varied. It would only be better with the inclusion of 'Pregnant..', which I know Moz caims to hate, but I absolutely adore. I'd love to see Moz doing more rockabilly type stuff.

Re: to each his own, dude

> i actually like kill uncle. i like maladjusted as well. but you are right.
> the music on kill uncle is more subtle and poppy. it's mostly lightweight.
> the music on maladjusted tends to be darker and plodding at times. that
> being said, i don't know which i prefer.

Maladjusted is a million times better than Kill Uncle.

> Calm down, everything is oK. Kill Uncle is a very nice album.

It has some nice songs, but as an album it's like a penis going limp without coming.

Re: Help me, I just discovered that My moms a filthjy slobby dirty cock sucking whore.

> Yes, it's true!
We know it is..it took you this long to find out?? your mom's been bangin the neighborhood for quite some time assface. get over it.

Re: Help me, I just discovered that I prefer To jack off over my moms face and she likes it

> Yes, it's true!
We knew that too anus. See,I knew you were a f***in anus cream pie,you just confirmed it. tossing off to your mom's not a crime dude. i toss off in her all the time. It's no big deal.

Re: Kill Uncle : An Appreciation

> Besides a few clumsy lines, I like Kill uncle alot. I find it alot more
> musically interesting than the Bona Drag stuff. I find alot of BD boring,
> and it's always been popular with critics and fans. 'Sing Yr Life' is an
> underrated classic. And although short, so many good songs : Asian rut,
> Tony the Pony, There is a Place.., King Leer. I think Maladjusted would be
> much better if the music was as varied. It would only be better with the
> inclusion of 'Pregnant..', which I know Moz caims to hate, but I
> absolutely adore. I'd love to see Moz doing more rockabilly type stuff.

First, yes, I agree about "Pregnant for the Last Time."

I also agree that "Sing Your Life" is a classic, although the defininitve version is the one on "Morrissey at KROQ."

I like all of Morrissey's albums, but "Kill Uncle" somewhat depresses me because it feels half-assed. And that's the only Morrissey album I'd say that about. When it came out I thought the man was on his last legs. But thank God he regrouped and re-energized.

There's *nothing* wrong with KU except the production -- too limp

The songwriting is solid, but watch the video for Sing Your Life and then watch it done on Live in Dallas. The Lads injected tons of energy into those tracks. However, I like both the piano-led version of There's a Place... as well as the rockabilly-infused one. The Maladjusted tracks can't really be worked with--they're not as good. I still think Trouble Loves Me is a great song, though.

kl
xox

A little film named after a Kill Uncle track, of all things

> Yes, it's true!
> I think it's because the music on KU, while incredibly crap, is easier to
> blot out than the dirge-like music on Mal, which drags Mozzer's voice down
> with it. But I'm not sure.
> There must be something terribly wrong with me.

I can't beleive this topic is even debated. Kill Uncle is without a doubt better than the meandering dirge-like music on Maladjusted. Hands down!

Back
Top Bottom