How Long Is Kristeen Young's Set?

02.jpg

beat on the drums.

I dont expect it to last long. ;)

Hey,

Thanks for uploading this - a great song. It just made me order the "Kill The Father" single.

I didn't like Kristeen Young when I first heard her in May, but the music is definitely a grower (and her stage outfits are hilarious). Now I can't wait for the new album to be released on Attack...does anybody know when?

Oh, and btw, I also love Kate Bush and Tori Amos *ducks and runs*.

Kristeen Young is excellent. Her voice is startling, and the combined lyrics/vocal of 'Life's not short it's so long' are powerful, moving, affecting. 'Kill The Father' is also excellent. She is underrated, criminally so. Sad to say, but females are subject to so much more criticism than males in the music business.

i don't think it's the fact that she's a female. it really doesn't matter these days, if you're trying to make it in the right genre. it's all about quality and originallity....in my opinion.
there's a lot of 30 year old underrated male musicians who can't go beyond being an opening act...

Kristeen Young is excellent. Her voice is startling, and the combined lyrics/vocal of 'Life's not short it's so long' are powerful, moving, affecting. 'Kill The Father' is also excellent. She is underrated, criminally so. Sad to say, but females are subject to so much more criticism than males in the music business.

I actually really wanted to like her. She's not so ugly, she came out riffing on the piano.

Then after hearing a few songs it was fairly obvious that riffs was all she had. There are no tunes as such just riffs that last a few minutes. I couldn't hear a damn word of what she was singing as she was like a high pitched wailing banshee that made my ears hurt.

If a female musical artist has talent then they'll be liked. If not they'll go the same way as L7.

Her set is roughly 30-40 minutes.

:))) Thanks, Kewpie...

You know, she wasn't as bad as I thought she may be. There's a certain energy and confidence that I liked a lot. I.e., she wasn't afraid to throw it out there. And, considering that she knows 95% of the audience is simply waiting for her to leave before Moz comes on, that's quite a feat. A little repetitive, a little too harsh with not much leavening sweetness, for my taste. But it was good to see them. I'm not sure I would have guessed they'd be high on Moz's list...

Haha too long! I know the day is going to come when Morrissey admits all this "the most talented person in the world" guff has been an elaborate practical joke

I'm not sure about now, but in May when he was supported by her and Sons & Daughters, I usually arrived at 9ish and only ever had to sit through ten mins or so of the support acts...he kept us waiting a bit longer in Manchestahh (nah nah nah) but hey. Special night.

I want to find out in time for the GMEX gig, who's supporting and how long they take, so my friend and I can saunter in just as he struts on... :D

Back
Top Bottom