Morrissey Central "I TRIED LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD" (December 22, 2020)

INSTEAD OF A SHELL …

Video is by Paul Joseph Watson.

Tag line:
"Pubs closed. Christmas cancelled. Borders - still open!"

Watson has featured here quite a few times and has mentioned Morrissey in attempts to gain an interview, seek Twitter trending and commenting on multiculturalism amongst other things.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
I'm not a fashion expert, but I recall the Arsenal & Uncle gigs having diaphanous 'blouses' or at least a more female 'cut' to the tops - I believe that filtered in to some gig reviews, but can't be arsed to trawl through any of it.
Regards,
FWD.
Yes, they made a fabulous return of sorts. There's still a different feel to the combination of feminine glitter tops paired with cuffed jeans and docs though.

I was concentrating on the particular time frame Ket was referring to.

:LOL:

I hadn't read that particular one, but yes, that's the very same person. It's like a serialized long-form work of alternate history fan fiction. He's probably my favorite poster on this site. At first I thought his comedy would be a tiresome one-trick pony, but his Bob Wiley-ish persistence only seems to make it funnier, and strangely the schtick doesn't get old. His contribution to any thread is reliably the most amusing. "c*nt tit twat f*ck arse chipper curry inn nn nnnnit"
I wonder if the humour is intended, most likely not. Strange effects can be produced when drugs and personality disorder end up entwined. Just downvote one of his or her posts, and see the reaction; Time consuming tit-for-tat-responses actuated by humourless vindictive desperation. This person is a pitiful non-stop running gag without a cause.

what Moz is trying to explain is that there is but one :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
:guitar: riff
which is the same for all songs, Moz would slow or speed it up
according to his lyrics and melodies.🤒

If you think it's the same riff on every Smiths song, then you know nothing about music and are certifiably insane. Last Night I Dreamt... is not just William, It Was... slowed down. Morrissey has always been consistent in praising Johnny Marr's songwriting ability, and never so far as I know has he intimated that Marr is not a rightful recipient of Smiths royalties. When he won an award some ten or dozen years after the Smiths had split, he still said "I'd like to thank John Maher of Wythenshawe." You are going well beyond the teachings of your own Man-God.

What Morrissey has said, unfortunately, is that he believes he has surpassed his work with Johnny Marr in his work, not with Alain Whyte & Boz Boorer, but with: Jesse Tobias & Gustavo Manzur. "My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career." When I read that one, I knew it was over. He has gone entirely out of his gourd. And so have you.

If you think it's the same riff on every Smiths song, then you know nothing about music and are certifiably insane. Last Night I Dreamt... is not just William, It Was... slowed down. Morrissey has always been consistent in praising Johnny Marr's songwriting ability, and never so far as I know has he intimated that Marr is not a rightful recipient of Smiths royalties. When he won an award some ten or dozen years after the Smiths had split, he still said "I'd like to thank John Maher of Wythenshawe." You are going well beyond the teachings of your own Man-God.

What Morrissey has said, unfortunately, is that he believes he has surpassed his work with Johnny Marr in his work, not with Alain Whyte & Boz Boorer, but with: Jesse Tobias & Gustavo Manzur. "My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career." When I read that one, I knew it was over. He has gone entirely out of his gourd. And so have you.

of course Moz solo material is superior. it has better music since it has better musicians. :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: was a one :guitar: pony FFS. he has been fired from dozens of groups after but one or two tracks because he has but one :guitar:
one song and he is fired.
the group says WTF? every :guitar: is the same.
OF COURSE the 3 albums with BMG are his best, it has many stylings unknown to 🐸
🐸 cant play the type of superior song on the last album. he still stuck playing with the one miserable:guitar: with that Billie teenager!
what a disgrace for 🐸 they positioned him over on the side almost on the roof.:lbf:

Everybody says that about their recent work, it's not exclusive to Morrissey. Didn't Johnny Marr once say in an interview with the BBC that he believes a large chunk of his fans don't even like the Smiths and are only there because of the Healers? It's marketing, they have to say that. What's the alternative? "I have a new album out, but it's nowhere as good as what I've put out some 30 years ago because I've lost my touch and my collaborators are mediocre at best"?

Everybody says that about their recent work, it's not exclusive to Morrissey. Didn't Johnny Marr once say in an interview with the BBC that he believes a large chunk of his fans don't even like the Smiths and are only there because of the Healers? It's marketing, they have to say that. What's the alternative? "I have a new album out, but it's nowhere as good as what I've put out some 30 years ago because I've lost my touch and my collaborators are mediocre at best"?

I don't expect him to be critical of it. He could say he's proud of his work with BMG without mentioning his prior work, and have the modesty to let the facts speak for themselves. "The best work of my career," given his career, is hyperbole at an absurd level. Unfortunately, I don't think he sees it as marketing savvy. I think he sincerely believes it. He has been sailing happily on this Tobias/Manzur/Chiccarelli boat with no sign of jumping ship.

I can't have a discussion with someone who thinks Dog On a Chain is better than Meat Is Murder. You are bonkers. But one thing you could do to support your position is to cite where Morrissey says Johnny Marr only has one riff, or that Johnny Marr is getting undeserved royalties from the Smiths songs.

I don't expect him to be critical of it. He could say he's proud of his work with BMG without mentioning his prior work, and have the modesty to let the facts speak for themselves. "The best work of my career," given his career, is hyperbole at an absurd level. Unfortunately, I don't think he sees it as marketing savvy. I think he sincerely believes it. He has been sailing happily on this Tobias/Manzur/Chiccarelli boat with no sign of jumping ship.
The way Moz chooses to speak about his music and his relationship with past and present band members are, at the moment, the least of my worries.

He has always said that his most recent record is the best he's ever done.
I'd be more worried if he suddenly started saying the opposite.

🐸 gets royalties because Moz signed a contract with him where he said he would get royalties for his dumb :guitar: chucky chucky riff FFS its in the music books.:mad:
but he was supposed to arrange for the transport and the carrying of boxes. the very least he could do for all Moz did for him but he got uppity about it so:

tenor.gif

hasta la vista :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:...........so 🐸 went off and couldnt get it done with anybody else. Even the King of Twats, Hooky said adios to him.
now he has tats and wigs.:blushing:

First, you can't know that for sure. It's pure conjecture on your part. Second, as @GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn wrote, he's always said that about his albums, even the ones he became critical of later (Kill Uncle and Maladjusted). Besides, if he actually thinks that they're the best he's ever done, I doubt it's any different than what every other artist believes about the work they're currently doing. Objectivity only comes in hindsight.

He has always said that his most recent record is the best he's ever done.
I'd be more worried if he suddenly started saying the opposite.

He does have the habit, but did he even say that about Kill Uncle when it came out? And even if he did, his subsequent actions spoke otherwise, since he ditched those writers and producers after the one record, and got a new band and Mick Ronson instead. He seemed able to admit to himself that it was mostly a failed effort and not a good musical direction to continue with. He does not seem to recognize the same problem (only worse) with the writers and producer of the BMG years.

🐸 gets royalties because Moz signed a contract with him where he said he would get royalties for his dumb :guitar: chucky chucky riff FFS its in the music books.:mad:

Morrissey contradicts you in Autobiography. He praises the riches and diversity in the music Johnny Marr came up with for the Smiths. The Man-God refutes you! You are a false prophet, a ravening wolf in sheep's clothing.

I agree with you that Johnny Marr's career after the Smiths is pretty worthless. The Healers is sub-sub-third generation Oasis songwriting. He needed Morrissey more than Morrissey needed him.

Last edited:
First, you can't know that for sure. It's pure conjecture on your part. Second, as @GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn wrote, he's always said that about his albums, even the ones he became critical of later (Kill Uncle and Maladjusted). Besides, if he actually thinks that they're the best he's ever done, I doubt it's any different than what every other artist believes about the work they're currently doing. Objectivity only comes in hindsight.

Just off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Noel Gallagher was saying Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory were Oasis's two best records, unlikely to be matched, and this was during the aughts when they were still recording new material. He can't be the only artist to be honest.

And Morrissey can have hindsight. Low in High School is three years old at this point.

Just off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Noel Gallagher was saying Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory were Oasis's two best records, unlikely to be matched, and this was during the aughts when they were still recording new material. He can't be the only artist to be honest.

And Morrissey can have hindsight. Low in High School is three years old at this point.
Most artists that are adored because of their older works wouldn't dare say that publicly though, even if they believe it to be true. We can't know if it's honesty or just being sensible and appeasing their fan base. Morrissey has a reputation of being arrogant and of saying things just to wound up his fans, so he gets a pass for making that sort of statement. Now imagine if Marr were to tweet that his Call the Comet is miles ahead of anything the Smiths' ever done, how'd you think that would go over?

He does have the habit, but did he even say that about Kill Uncle when it came out? And even if he did, his subsequent actions spoke otherwise, since he ditched those writers and producers after the one record, and got a new band and Mick Ronson instead. He seemed able to admit to himself that it was mostly a failed effort and not a good musical direction to continue with. He does not seem to recognize the same problem (only worse) with the writers and producer of the BMG years.
Even with Kill Uncle it took him a while to start criticising it. And it was a different situation because there was no real band, just session musicians. Seems only natural he would go on to work with his new band afterwards.

And maybe he just doesn't see his last three records as "failed efforts". Maybe he's genuinely happy with his band and his output. Maybe he's proud of the fact that they've explored new territory instead of trying to create something that merely resembles past efforts.

Whether that direction is good or not is entirely subjective. Many people think IANADOAC is his best record in decades.

It's immaterial whether you and I agree with that or not. I would never expect him to openly state that his work with any previous collaborator was superior to his current output. It's just not the way he likes to communicate things.

Edit: It's the same with touring btw. He frequently says his most recent shows were the best he's ever done.

Morrissey contradicts you in Autobiography. He praises the riches and diversity in the music Johnny Marr came up with for the Smiths. The Man-God refutes you! You are a false prophet, a ravening wolf in sheep's clothing.

I agree with you that Johnny Marr's career after the Smiths is pretty worthless. The Healers is sub-sub-third generation Oasis songwriting. He needed Morrissey more than Morrissey needed him.

:rolleyes:

OY didnt you just say Moz said his BMG records were better than the albums with Le🐸?

Yes :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: were soo good that they totally suck compared to the non
🐸 recordings:lbf:

Even with Kill Uncle it took him a while to start criticising it. And it was a different situation because there was no real band, just session musicians. Seems only natural he would go on to work with his new band afterwards.

And maybe he just doesn't see his last three records as "failed efforts". Maybe he's genuinely happy with his band and his output. Maybe he's proud of the fact that they've explored new territory instead of trying to create something that merely resembles past efforts.

Whether that direction is good or not is entirely subjective. Many people think IANADOAC is his best record in decades.

It's immaterial whether you and I agree with that or not. I would never expect him to openly state that his work with any previous collaborator was superior to his current output. It's just not the way he likes to communicate things.

Edit: It's the same with touring btw. He frequently says his most recent shows were the best he's ever done.

If one works with session musicians, one can just have touring musicians, and vacillate between studio and tour, as many solo artists do. What happened, though, was that he chose very quickly not to return to Mark E. Nevin, who I believe saw his role not just as a session musician but as an ongoing co-songwriter, and was disappointed when Morrissey ditched him (which Morrissey was nevertheless right to do).

Even having a band doesn't make you married. People quit bands all the time over "creative differences." Russell Senior left Pulp because he thought Jarvis Cocker wrote a dopey song, and was afraid there might be more to come. You have to show some savvy in these matters. But Morrissey does not evince any dissatisfaction with Jesse Joseph Manzur and Gustavo Tobias Chiccarelli. After three albums, he's not only saying he's proud of their work together, but that he will stand by it "till death." That's something you say with conviction, not just rhetoric on a press junket.

Back
Top Bottom