Inside the head of... Morrissey - Daily Mail

'Who would I like to say sorry to? Myself. I put myself through torture': Inside the head of... Morrissey - Daily Mail

The Daily Fail with an 'interview' with Morrissey - zero indication of where or when. With him being very low key, it would have been nice for a bit of background.
Article by Olivia Buxton. 20th, May, 2017.

For those not wanting to give the rag any 'clicks':

Born Steven Patrick Morrissey in Lancashire in 1959, the frequently outspoken former Smiths frontman, singer and author turns 58 tomorrow. His bookish song lyrics were hailed as the finest in rock music, yet his novel ‘List Of The Lost’ won the ‘Bad Sex In Fiction’ award in 2015.

What is your earliest memory?

Being carried on my mother’s shoulders… up and down the living room… nothing’s changed since then.

What sort of child were you?

Perfect in every way.

What is the worst thing anyone has ever said to you?

A journalist told me that my audience is identical to Barry Manilow’s. This was bone-chilling to hear. I left the room.

Who would like to say sorry to and why?

Myself. I put myself through torture. One cancelled show and I lower my face on to a hot stove for six weeks.

Last row you had?

I once sat on the next table to Judge Judy, and for three solid hours she would not stop talking. The woman sitting with her contributed one or two umms, but Judge Rude-y could not shut up. I was ready to ram her face into her own spaghetti.

Tell us a secret about yourself

I have never had a cup of coffee in my entire life. That’s exciting, isn’t it?

What one law would you change?

All meat products should have a MEAT KILLS government health warning because meat production kills the consumer, kills the planet, kills animals. So why is it legal? Since meat causes more damage than tobacco, why only a health warning on tobacco?

Which words or phrases do you overuse?

Finishing a sentence with ‘and so on’ when in fact there’s nothing else to add.

Have you ever cheated death?

Four times.

Who would play you in a film of your life?

I cannot be replicated.

What is the worst job you’ve done?

I was a filing clerk for the Inland Revenue for a few weeks. I ought to have been put to death for that.

What is your worst habit?

I side with anyone who takes the most cynical view.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?

I know every episode of The Big Valley (1965-69) line by line. It isn’t helpful.

If you could go back in time, where would you go?

London’s East End of 1888. The anonymity fascinates me, the rolling fog, the narrow turnings, the prospect of sudden death, a knees-up at The Old King’s Vomit…

When was the last time you cried?

The election of Predicament Trump. He’s a child impersonating an adult, isn’t he? And I can’t forgive him for the sugar-capped teeth and slippery smile of Kellyanne Conway.

What’s the one thing every man should know about women?

Whether male or female, there is always a flaw in the manufacturing.

Who would your dream dinner date be?

I’ve never been on a date, so I’m not even sure what one is.

What’s one skill everyone should have?

The ability to listen. Judge Judy does not have this… which is why she’s a judge.

What’s the worst pain you’ve experienced?

Being a teenager in Seventies Manchester.

Have you ever had a nickname?

I wasn’t ever popular enough to have a nickname.

What song do you want at your funeral?

Please Don’t Talk About Me When I’m Gone by Ethel Waters.

What’s the best kiss you’ve had?

None ever.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever had?

‘You don’t project very well as a TV interview.’ I knew it was true.

Regards,
FWD.

Song mentioned:

UPDATE: 10:10 AM PT:

An anonymous person posted a scan of the print edition version:

40078_dailymail_20170521.jpg

UPDATE May 23:

Additional question posted on Jesse's Twitter (link posted by Famous When Dead) and Mando's wife's Instagram, (link posted by an anonymous person):

Stop the press!
Jesse Tobias tweeted:
View attachment 41586
Regards,
FWD.

Jesse is not the only one. Mando's wife has the same message on her instagram

A message from #Morrissey... Although the Daily Mail in London printed a q&a with Morrissey yesterday they refused to print the following response: Mail: Which person do you most dislike? Morrissey: Theresa May for saying "I fully support fox-hunting." She doesn't realize that foxes are mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters.

Last edited by a moderator:
'The Big Valley' starring Lee Majors (among others). I wonder if young Moz liked Lee Majors. I liked him in The Six Million Dollar Man, so much so that I have his plastic action man under my bed so that I can talk to him in the middle of the night. He gives me sound advice and his plastic eye can see all.

'The Big Valley' starring Lee Majors (among others). I wonder if young Moz liked Lee Majors. I liked him in The Six Million Dollar Man, so much so that I have his plastic action man under my bed so that I can talk to him in the middle of the night. He gives me sound advice and his plastic eye can see all.

That was my favourite toy when I was a boy! I reckon Lee Majors could have made a good Moz cover star at some point.

That was my favourite toy when I was a boy! I reckon Lee Majors could have made a good Moz cover star at some point.
He sure would have made a great cover star. I still have the action man but can't find his red clothes. Cor that sounds perverted. He was and is the best toy ever. Hence my avatar.

DM spot on as always and always first with the latest news so thanks for letting us know that an actual inside of Morrissey's head exists.

Extra extra, read all about it!

DM spot on as always and always first with the latest news so thanks for letting us know that an actual inside of Morrissey's head exists.

Extra extra, read all about it!

Latest news? Ha, it’s from May the twentieth.
Spot on and timely.

fun fact: back in the days when people had myspace accounts I had where I called myself "sexyLee' with a picture of lee majors in full mustachio mode. the story was that I was a farmer who worked at the post office in my spare time and I used to send out joke messages to random people. it was so OBVIOUSLY a joke that I didn't feel anyone would be fooled by it. well suddenly I started getting messages from some lonely-seeming old woman where she would say things like "you look so good I can taste you". well who would say that sort of thing, let alone an old lady? so I thought her account was also a joke and I jokingly told her to send me all her money and we could meet up. well she deleted me after that so feeling a bit puzzled I messaged some kid on her friends list and asked what was up with this lady and he was like: "oh. that's my grandma". I felt so bad.

Before their time, mate, before their time!

How was Christmas in Amsterdam my friend?

I wouldn’t know cause I didn’t go.
I was sick as hell, unfortunately.
Next year!

Sorry to hear, QQQ. Hope you're on the mend?

Not quite yet.
Been in the hospital for various medical investigations, CT-scan, blood etc.
I will have an oesophagus/stomach investigation on Tuesday.

I have problems swallowing any food. It feels like it gets stuck in my throat and it turned out I had a wightloss of approx. 15 kilo in one year. I am constantly very, very tired and only feel really comfortable lying and sleeping in my bed.

Don’t know yet what the results are of the medical investigations.
I will have to wait for that.
I hope it’s not Barrats.

There is still a possibility it might be something innocent and curable with medication or a tiny operation.
Bit worried though but I will have to wait.

Very sorry to hear. I too have had long-term chronic illness with a lot of very debilitating fatigue, so I sympathise. At one point I could barely walk or speak. It's taken me nearly 10 years to get about 70% better, which has been quite a journey.

The problem here in the UK is that if doctors can't prescribe you a pill they aren't interested and refer you to a psychiatrist. So you are basically on your own. I've had to do a lot of learning about nutrition, allergy, toxins and the mechanisms of illness. I eat a fairly radical diet now, too, but that gave me the biggest improvement of all.

How long have you been ill? And do you have confidence in your doctors?

Very sorry to hear. I too have had long-term chronic illness with a lot of very debilitating fatigue, so I sympathise. At one point I could barely walk or speak. It's taken me nearly 10 years to get about 70% better, which has been quite a journey.

The problem here in the UK is that if doctors can't prescribe you a pill they aren't interested and refer you to a psychiatrist. So you are basically on your own. I've had to do a lot of learning about nutrition, allergy, toxins and the mechanisms of illness. I eat a fairly radical diet now, too, but that gave me the biggest improvement of all.

How long have you been ill? And do you have confidence in your doctors?

It all happened this year. Last Christmas I was okay. No complaints.

I do have confidence in my doctors and rely on them. Don’t know about the health care situation in U.K. but what you describe doesn’t sound very reassuring.

Maybe it is because there have been huge investments in healthcare here during the last couple of years.
Due to the fact politicians found out it is the number 1 issue people are concerned with. So the costs are accepted as it improved a lot.

I saw at least at two hospitals big investments, restructuring, completely new machines and until now in my contacts with the doctors I do have a good impression.

I admire you for your studying everything but I guess you felt more or less obliged to do so with regards to your negative impression on the doctors.

Thanks for your concern and I really hope everything will turn alright for you too! :thumb:

It all happened this year. Last Christmas I was okay. No complaints.

I do have confidence in my doctors and rely on them. Don’t know about the health care situation in U.K. but what you describe doesn’t sound very reassuring.

Maybe it is because there have been huge investments in healthcare here during the last couple of years.
Due to the fact politicians found out it is the number 1 issue people are concerned with. So the costs are accepted as it improved a lot.

I saw at least at two hospitals big investments, restructuring, completely new machines and until now in my contacts with the doctors I do have a good impression.

I admire you for your studying everything but I guess you felt more or less obliged to do so with regards to your negative impression on the doctors.

Thanks for your concern and I really hope everything will turn alright for you too! :thumb:

Thank you Q. That all sounds quite positive. Fingers crossed that you get it sorted and it's nothing nasty. But if you do end up with shrugs and 'sorry, we can't find anything wrong', give me a shout. I've learned a lot about nutrition which I've discovered can usually improve, if not cure, almost anything. And I have a genius private doctor who has a brilliant website with tons of free information to help you help yourself. http://drmyhill.co.uk/

Thank you Q. That all sounds quite positive. Fingers crossed that you get it sorted and it's nothing nasty. But if you do end up with shrugs and 'sorry, we can't find anything wrong', give me a shout. I've learned a lot about nutrition which I've discovered can usually improve, if not cure, almost anything. And I have a genius private doctor who has a brilliant website with tons of free information to help you help yourself. http://drmyhill.co.uk/

That is very kind of you and I won’t hesitate to contact you if they can’t find anything and I am in doubt what to do!
Thanks a lot pal.
Really appreciate this. :thumb:

Not quite yet.

I have problems swallowing any food. It feels like it gets stuck in my throat and it turned out I had a wightloss of approx. 15 kilo in one year. I am constantly very, very tired and only feel really comfortable lying and sleeping in my bed.

I hope it’s not Barrats.

There is still a possibility it might be something innocent and curable with medication or a tiny operation.

I hope that this all comes back as something small. Good luck.

Not quite yet.

I hope it’s not Barrats.

Replied to the other post before seeing this one. Really hope they will find out what's wrong.

My third personality will reply in a bit only to please Rifke!

That is very kind of you and I won’t hesitate to contact you if they can’t find anything and I am in doubt what to do!
Thanks a lot pal.
Really appreciate this. :thumb:

Morrissey will die in 2018 not you, Gerrit!

For fooks sake make them check your pancreas, mate. Took them ages to find my mothers cancer there leaving them no option but cutting her open to see it for themselves and even then it was too late.

I told you and others about my throat problem I had for a year without getting any real help but it disappeared a few weeks ago.

If being tired you may well be experiencing the side effects of candida overgrowth cause I had that in my throat and used everything in the book to make it go away and it seems to have worked. I had a long period feeling the same way as you ending with the throat issues.

Have they mentioned this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysphagia

Replied to the other post before seeing this one. Really hope they will find out what's wrong.

My third personality will reply in a bit only to please Rifke!

Jaaaaaaaaaaa spricken sprucken blob blip blap braaaaaaap

Nicht mit den trauebn stermen unt der drunken bluckert jaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tenor.gif

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom