"Interlude" enters Official Vinyl Singles Chart at #9 (April 26, 2024)

Screenshot_20240426-180037~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited:
Yet, no other significant artist or band feel the need to update their website with such trifling 'news'.
Moneysey's fall is seemingly not over yet.

Don't you think it's quite a feat for a band to get a first (non compilation) number 1 album after 40 plus years in the business?
if they are so good then why were you so surprised that their album went to number 1,your first words were BLOODY HELL in your first post after hearing the news.
yes it is a great feat and well done to the band.

if they are so good then why were you so surprised that their album went to number 1,your first words were BLOODY HELL in your first post after hearing the news.
yes it is a great feat and well done to the band.
Because I was surprised, their previous 4 albums charted at 2,6,3 and 3.

Yet, no other significant artist or band feel the need to update their website with such trifling 'news'.
Morrissey hasn’t put this on his site. The Moderator has put it on this site.

That said, SER will probably get round to posting it on Central tonight. After he has finished photographing some random milf with her lalas out for instagram.

Although it wasn't his update, Morrissey has always been interested in chart positions, it's important to him and nothing to do with his "fall." In fact, lots of significant artists post things like this on their social media pages (especially in the form of "thanks for making us number 5 in the charts" ) and there's nothing wrong with it.

Only Morrissey would brag that a duet with a woman who despises him and refused to be in the same room with him charted :rolleyes:
same woman who used to walk about london wearing a nazi uniform,and shes calling M a racist.
pot,kettle,black.

False allegation. She would have never recorded a song with someone she didn't esteem. She loved the song and the record; they had a fall out after regarding the content of the video, not a big deal. She never said anything bad about him as Simon Goddard mentioned it many times
The only time I saw her speak about Morrissey was in an interview clip on YouTube in which she said something like she thought the trouble between them could have stemmed from him being used to having people around him who always said yes to his ideas, whereas she would say no. I can't find the clip now, although I did have it saved, and wouldn't normally report such without evidence, but I have a feeling that it could have been in a video called 'Annie Nightingale's More Punk and New Wave' (that I assumed incorporated unused footage from her 2020 TV special Punk and New Wave Years with Annie Nightingale) that's now not available to view in the UK but someone elsewhere might be able to check.

At the real risk of redundancy and consignment to the phantom-zone oblivion of off-topic I was more excited to see Suede Autofiction Live released on grey vinyl for RSD, Siouxsie's Nocturne on 2LP black, and OMD Bauhaus Staircase instrumentals. However, the best release recently wasn't an RSD overpriced platter but was Death Songbook by Brett Anderson and Paraorchestra. A beautiful 2LP and something Moz should consider. Imagine Vauxhall and perhaps Viva Hate performed with a gifted mini-orchestra like the supremely talented paraorchestra. Now that is something I would buy.

I can easily imagine Moz singing this all-time classic.

Will Sergeant went to see Brett play with the Paraorchestra at the Aviva Studios in Manchester last night.

Don't you think it's quite a feat for a band to get a first (non compilation) number 1 album after 40 plus years in the business?
Alas, not any more. Even Shed Seven managed it recently.
As long as the likes of Swift, Sheeran and Adkins don't have a new album out, you can easily hit #1 with fewer than 10,000 sales.
Selling nearly 20,000 in week 1 (as James did) is pretty impressive though, these days.

The 10,000 for Kate Bush was worldwide - 3,000 UK, 4,000 Europe/ROW, 3,000 USA.

Yeah, she really got back in the spotlight, with the help of Stranger Things. Eat the Music not really her best, guess that doesn’t matter.

Although it wasn't his update, Morrissey has always been interested in chart positions, it's important to him and nothing to do with his "fall." In fact, lots of significant artists post things like this on their social media pages (especially in the form of "thanks for making us number 5 in the charts" ) and there's nothing wrong with it.
M was interested in the charts when the charts meant something,they dont now and i doubt he has any interest in it now.

He's just posted it on central, so I think he probably does.
im on central now and there is nothing about this,last post was april 25th.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom