Is Morrissey OK?

He cancelled doing the Jonatan Ross Show (presumably the radio show).

I defiantely have a gut feeling after seeing him at Ally Pally. He just looked totally knackered and it was only his love of the fans that made him put on such a great performance.

I really felt for him.

Unless he lives to 100, then he's right, most of his life has gone.

Peter

you are so right... he is 50 years old - and i think he looks great for his age-
he is not ill or even tired - but do not expect anybody at that age to look or act 25! I think he is doing better than ever - I went from Copenhagen to Ally Pally to se him.

He cancelled doing the Jonatan Ross Show (presumably the radio show).

I defiantely have a gut feeling after seeing him at Ally Pally. He just looked totally knackered and it was only his love of the fans that made him put on such a great performance.

I really felt for him.

I only saw video clips, but I too thought Morrissey looked tired, and was trying hard, but struggling.

I hope he is able to rest properly and fully recover. to carry on touring will only make it worse.

TAKEN FROM TOUR REVIEW SECTION OF SITE--ALLY PALLY GIG

At least one person saw what I saw. Cancel the tour Morrissey, we want you around a lot longer.

"Hey all

Just back. First, be in no doubt that I've seen our lad enough times to know when things are right and when not. I enjoyed the show very much - which is perverse considering how much he plainly struggled throughout.

He is not a well man and it hurts me to say so. First 5 songs were so hard to get through I thought he might not make it to the end. Selfishly, I ignored those feelings of worry because IIRSS and Cemetery Gates were songs I was utterly delighted to hear. And I jumped and enjoyed the rest, despite my own jetlag!

But I can't come here and not tell the truth. He is suffering on stage, the band are holding him up as best they can. I desperately wish he didn't have 19 dates to go, I honestly can't see him making them all. He should rest, this tour schedule is insane and I fear something bad will happen. Even if he hadn't collapsed last week I'd still fear for his health. He plays too many shows and clearly doesn't eat well and drinks too much.

I want him around for a long time, he can't keep on like this without consequence. Again, I have seen him many many times and it was not a terrible show. I enjoyed it. But that was because I had to ignore his condition throughout. I am certain people will come on here and say I'm talking rubbish, it was brilliant, he was on top form etc etc. I can only hope they're right - but the 2 people I was with tonight, who had seen him rip the place to shreds at the Troxy recently, were shocked at the state of him. He seemed, as it happens, in a good mood, some funny banter as always. But he was pale and drained of energy. I hope next time I see him live that memory is washed away".

Yes, and I'm sure that throwing things at his head during the gigs doesn't help either :confused:

so sad :(

I am relatively new here but it seems from my observations that he is just plain worn out, not necessarily from age, although that may or may not have anything to do with the present state of his health, tour etc..

i think that aside from being ill, I noticed, and if I am wrong please feel free to disagree - I feel that his heart does not seem to be in it or maybe it is the reaction to some of the fans. Throwing a beer at someone who wants to share his songs - maybe his heart is just broken at some of the reactions that he is getting - this is the 2nd time someone has done this . He has always respected his fans from what I gather.

And,, with a combination of being ill, a long tour ahead and people being disrespectful of him while he is trying to share the most important part of his life - I don't know maybe a broken spirit is more of what he is experiencing - I am rambling --- agree ? disagree?

And,, with a combination of being ill, a long tour ahead and people being disrespectful of him while he is trying to share the most important part of his life - I don't know maybe a broken spirit is more of what he is experiencing - I am rambling --- agree ? disagree?

I agree. He can live without a record deal and without hits and he can deal with the press, but not abuse by his fans. He is not a Big act with fireworks and 500 dancers onstage - he is PERSONAL! no matter how big the arena his, his shows are always personal - it's him and his songs and us - and it's like being with friends sharing emotions, and love for the music. And there is trust - even in the darkest days of exile, the fans were always present, supportive!!

If this stops, whats the point of going on?

Yes, and I'm sure that throwing things at his head during the gigs doesn't help either :confused:

so sad :(

I just heard this news this morning - unbelievable!!

Don't blame Morrissey for walking off and cancelling the rest of the show. Naturally, I feel sorry for the audience having their night cut short, all because of one mindless idiot.

I hope the crowd gave whoever it was a severe kicking afterwards...

I dunno. Why some people put themselves through all this shit when they could stay at home and eat chips in front of the telly is totally beyond me.
I am bemused.
And I'm not the only one. :)
So Morrissey, you coming to Nijminskyen, or you giving everything up at the same time?

Tags
illness morrissey
Back
Top Bottom