Morrissey Central "Last Night In Manchester" (July 1, 2023)

Christ, it's just a tweet from his nephew of young people having a good time singing This Charming Man.

Live and let live I would say.
I agree! Made me happy to see this. When I was at the November 2022 gig in SF with my 12 year old a couple people commented it was nice to see younger folks taking interest - which is what I thought when I saw this. After that recent post by Moz about no radio play, no record deal, no interest, etc. but the sold out shows/ticket sales, I hope that seeing this makes him happy too. Call me crazy.

Saw Doctors at Castlefield Bowl, just after Damien Dempsey had done his support slot on Saturday. A band who get a fraction of the publicity that Morrissey gets, yet sell out 8,000 tickets at a venue he had to cancel, in his home town, due to abysmal sales.

Strange post. A small section of the crowd singing along to a Smiths song. A Manchester crowd, from the Irish Diaspora. This was once his audience and fan base

Saw Doctors at Castlefield Bowl, just after Damien Dempsey had done his support slot on Saturday. A band who get a fraction of the publicity that Morrissey gets, yet sell out 8,000 tickets at a venue he had to cancel, in his home town, due to abysmal sales.

Strange post. A small section of the crowd singing along to a Smiths song. A Manchester crowd, from the Irish Diaspora. This was once his audience and fan base
It could hardly be "his audience" now, he's 64.

I don't see the problem people have with this post. It's just a harmless post. It wouldn't belong in a professional artist website probably, but then Moz Central isn't that!

Manchester is STILL waiting for you to re-schedule the Castlefield gig that you “postponed” Steve !!!!!!!!
The game is up in this neck of the woods.
Peru 🇵🇪 is you these days :laughing::rofl:

God Bless Alain and Gustavo :thumb:

Benny 🇬🇧:knife:

It could hardly be "his audience" now, he's 64.

I don't see the problem people have with this post. It's just a harmless post. It wouldn't belong in a professional artist website probably, but then Moz Central isn't that!
The singer in the Saw Doctors is about 6 weeks older than Morrissey. Also 64 right now.

Without commenting on the merits of this post on MC... it is nice to see how beloved The Smiths still are, and it reminds me of how unique and brilliant they were.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom