Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre (Nov. 12, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / *Show ends due to unforeseen circumstances*

Setlist courtesy of: SYL via FWD.

Last edited:
A few thoughts.

Totally fine IMO to call the show if there could have been damage to Morrissey's singing ability. I would be a shame to cancel the entire tour jus to try to get though this show. The fact that he didn't have the common courtesy to just say that and apologize to the audience is pretty lame and unprofessional to me, especially considering his track record for cancelling shows.

If you travel to ANY concert, let alone someone famous for cancelling shows you really should limit yourself to cities where the primary reason to go is to visit the city. LA is a great city to visit, so if you really wanted to go there, the show cancellation should be a bummer at worst. I have tickets to see Depeche Mode in NYC next year and if they cancel I will be bummed, but the main reason for my trip is to go to NYC. The concert is just icing on the cake. I live in Denver...and I didn't even bother buying tickets to the show here because of his record. Maybe day of if I can find a ticket I will go.

Good to see they are offering refunds. I hope Moz feels good enough to continue the tour and there are no more issues.

Couldn't be less sorry that the "fans" that hate the music he's released in the last 30 years are disappointed.
TBH if he could just never play a Smiths song again I would be happy. Obviously I like that music as well but its sad to watch someone play something that they have no connection to anymore. I felt that way watching Robert Plant play LZ stuff. I was there for the new album and watching people caught up in nostalgia chanting for him to play Stairway to Heaven (a song he in on record saying he hates) was just a whole ass sad vibe. These are solo tours, not for the band they were once in 40 years ago.

One exception I would love to hear is Meat is Murder. Last time I saw him play that it was great activism with a cartoon to accompany it. People around me seemed shook/contemplative and that's the one thing I think would be nice to revisit.

I have tixs to the Boston show so we shall see. My first time to see M was in Austin TX and he canceled that show too but rescheduled for the following year. Didn't really hurt my feelings or anything as I was in a place that had more live shows then I could hope to attend... When he came back the next year it was a great show. I think if you are flying in that's sad for you but also the show is meant for the people of that area and the fact that a cancelation causes a extreme hardship for you is not really something I think the band/venue is responsible for.

Oh dear !!!!!!!!!!
This doesn’t look good. If I was a betting man I would say this tour is cancelled full stop. Dr Jeremy Fine will be wheeled out once again.
He’s showing all the signs of the “Plandemic” so let’s hope he’s had all his injections.
Might have been a wise precaution to stop all hand contact with the audience.

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

It's official our M is now a laughingstock in LA , I went to a few places today, including record shops.
I decided to wear a Smiths t-shirt and you should hear the stuff people are saying
"The guy is from Manchester and he couldn't last 40 minutes on a stage in LA, weakass fag" was the kindest.
One person I met I really felt sorry for. He paid for himself and his wife to be in the pit, which cost him, at least $900, and took two days off work. Just for 40 minutes.
Still, at least he has his own day in LA - none told us, it was a sick day.
Whats going on with the guy?

A few thoughts.

Totally fine IMO to call the show if there could have been damage to Morrissey's singing ability. I would be a shame to cancel the entire tour jus to try to get though this show. The fact that he didn't have the common courtesy to just say that and apologize to the audience is pretty lame and unprofessional to me, especially considering his track record for cancelling shows.

If you travel to ANY concert, let alone someone famous for cancelling shows you really should limit yourself to cities where the primary reason to go is to visit the city. LA is a great city to visit, so if you really wanted to go there, the show cancellation should be a bummer at worst. I have tickets to see Depeche Mode in NYC next year and if they cancel I will be bummed, but the main reason for my trip is to go to NYC. The concert is just icing on the cake. I live in Denver...and I didn't even bother buying tickets to the show here because of his record. Maybe day of if I can find a ticket I will go.

Good to see they are offering refunds. I hope Moz feels good enough to continue the tour and there are no more issues

I agree. Though he doesn't help himself. He really doesn't

Surely Morrissey could have said something himself. Just leaving the stage and waiting everybody to wait ten minutes for a brief announcement is not likely to elicit empathy from the audience.
That's just it, he has such a flagrant disregard for people - the expense of hotels, travel, child/pet care, general costs. And has the temerity to end the concerts that he actually manages to finish with empty platitudes about how he loves us; trust me, he doesn't.

"Couldn't be less sorry that the "fans" that hate the music he's released in the last 30 years are disappointed."
I bet this person is the type who thinks going along with whatever a pop star does, is being a "fan"
when its simply being, as M says a "sheeple"
You are allowed to be frustrated when someone you like/love keeps dropping the ball

That's not how I remember it. It was his voice again. Plus he came back 10 days later and did a full show.
I am not going to sit here and debate recollections, he clearly made remarks about people sitting in their seats and asking if they were too comfortable to get out of and walked off. When he came back, he complained about the people who got refunds instead of coming back.

"Couldn't be less sorry that the "fans" that hate the music he's released in the last 30 years are disappointed."
I bet this person is the type who thinks going along with whatever a pop star does, is being a "fan"
when its simply being, as M says a "sheeple"
You are allowed to be frustrated when someone you like/love keeps dropping the ball

Why stick with a person that, as you say ‘keeps dropping the ball’ ? Morrissey will be Morrissey, it’s up to the fan to make the decision to stick by or not. Logic.

If he looses fans because of what he does, then that’s his problem, if he sees it as a problem.

Anyway, the ball is in your court.

Lol ……….… 👇

Last edited:
Oh dear !!!!!!!!!!
This doesn’t look good. If I was a betting man I would say this tour is cancelled full stop. Dr Jeremy Fine will be wheeled out once again.
He’s showing all the signs of the “Plandemic” so let’s hope he’s had all his injections.
Might have been a wise precaution to stop all hand contact with the audience.

Benny 🇬🇧🔪
Isn't he anti-vax? At his age that could be serious.

think people on here forget that this is his actual job,in the uk if your place of work goes under a certain temperature due to lack of heating then you are within your rights to stop working.on here everyone is blaming M,blame the venue for their failure to get the stage heater working.
That's quite correct @gordyboy9 , there would be a maximum/minimum workplace temperature in any UK based workplace, as agreed by the relevant union, although in most cases rarely applied. Face facts, he plays for a mere 1.5 hours, does sterile set-lists, same old for year after year. You can't welch on a commitment like that because you're too cold, I'm done. FU Morrissey

That's quite correct @gordyboy9 , there would be a maximum/minimum workplace temperature in any UK based workplace, as agreed by the relevant union, although in most cases rarely applied. Face facts, he plays for a mere 1.5 hours, does sterile set-lists, same old for year after year. You can't welch on a commitment like that because you're too cold, I'm done. FU Morrissey

:clap:

Lol👇

Last edited:
9 songs before walking off is a pretty big number. Isn't there a certain number of songs you can perform, and then not legally be required to offer a refund? You bought a ticket to a Morrissey concert, which you got - it didn't say how long it was going to be.

two things 1 he still played both those nights
2 if he knows its cold why keep booking out doors?
Probably because he expect the stage to be heated, which I assume is the case at a fancy venue like the Hollywood Bowl.
BTW, how many LA hows has he cancelled over the years?

Probably because he expect the stage to be heated, which I assume is the case at a fancy venue like the Hollywood Bowl.
BTW, how many LA hows has he cancelled over the years?
I have no idea, FWD is your man for stats, I'm more here to bore people to death with tales of what I and my family do in the M-related universe and pass on insightful things my M fan friends say that I think may be of interest. As well as offer my own view.I figure M has been in the game for over 30 years. You would hope he knows to send a team to make sure the stage is, as he likes it. They can not blame a f***ing venue for this
This is down to either M or team M. It's that simple. I know he is getting on but I have seen Bruce Springsteen and Sparks both play outdoors in cold weather. I have seen artists older than M play for over an hour in the wind and rain. I was in LA last night, I have been here the last two weeks, and yes its cold but it's not that cold. By UK standards, its like evening in May, with a bit of wind.
This is what I don't like, he put on a great load of gigs in the UK, I had a great time. Loads of us did
I just wanted him to pull his finger out and kill in SoCal and the rest of the states. My hope was he would do this and keep his mouth shut, then we may get to own his lp= which would be great, as it's really good.
Although the lyrics aren't great, his voice is wonderful. I don't think these live versions have given proper insight into how good they are. I was actually f***ing amazed people thought Saint was an instant classic based on the performance. In fact I started to reconsider my opinion based on the live version. it just sounded like so many songs he has already done. People are right, its properly good though.
Anyway, just when I was on a high from the UK gigs, we get these draft M central posts and now this.
Hopefully, he will get himself together.

This was a chance for Moz to do the right thing. He walked off and left his band clueless for an awkward few minutes as they waited helplessly on stage. That kind of treatment is unforgivable. They are his band and his behaviour was totally disrespectful. Plus he should have finished the concert. Put on a snood or scarf or something and man up. He makes more money from a week of touring than most people save in a lifetime and whether he likes it or not he owes his fans for their time, adoration, and money.
what the feck is snood anyway?

Back
Top Bottom