Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

Re: OMG!! Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

My wife is prone to passing out after suffering from the flu/cold etc. Hopefully this is nothing more serious than that? The pattern of her episodes would fit into what happened last night. I've noticed that the trigger is often a sudden increase in room temperature (a crowded tram, going into a shop, even at a gig once about 5 minutes after arriving) so it's not implausible to liken the stage lighting to the same scenario? The recovery is short.

Fingers crossed.

This is what I am also hoping. I once passed out in my teenage years when I had a flu with fever and thought I had to be up for my mother's birthday. In the meantime I am thinking that stable is good and no other news is good news. Was scared to death until I read the "stable" though and did a lot of praying.

Well, yesterday I ended up spending 6 hours on bus and train to make it down. It has been 7 years almost to the day since my last Morrissey concert back home in Sydney, Australia.

My feelings as he walked on stage are like that of none I have felt before....then to see him leave (i was 20 yeards back so didn't see what was actually going on) made me a little frustrated that he may have thrown a tantrum.

Then to find out on the way back to the station of what really happened my fristration turned to sadness. :(

I do hope he is alright in the long term and at least I have the memories of all the wonderful fans I met at the show, on the walk back to the station and on the train. I got my Ipod and speakers out of my back pack (I fly back to Australia tomorrow) to play some live Moz to keep the party going on the 10:28 to London :)

Get well soon Mr Mozza ;)

do you REALLY think that was the problem last night?

With my own eyes, close up, I saw a man who did not look well on Friday in Brum. Morphine is administered, as a class A drug, under strict medical supervision, for acute pain relief. The question is, what was the pain which required morphine relief to enable him to perform?

You are not offered morphine for a cold or sore throat.

Boz says on Facebook: "Thanks for everyone's concern, Moz is stable"

Does anyone really think he's taking morphine? He has a sense of humour you know!

From Boz's facebook,

"Thanks for everyone's concern, Moz is stable"

looking back on morrissey's history of stage banter, i think you will find he has said quite a few things that aren't actually true. for example he is not an old harpsichord, and he is not the lead-singer of a-ha. and he probably was not on morphine either.

Official website update saying he is stable and thanking everyone for the well wishes

more news to follow it says

SKY news just show footage from last night of This Charming man and Charlie speaking to the crowd and getting booed. The reporter said they booed as the fans thought it was a "stunt"

If the crowd saw him been carried off surely you would've sensed it was something serious.
why boo?

SKY news just show footage from last night of This Charming man and Charlie speaking to the crowd and getting booed. The reporter said they booed as the fans thought it was a "stunt"

If the crowd saw him been carried off surely you would've sensed it was something serious.
why boo?

I saw that, the footage of them booing was almost as upsetting as the photos themselves. Absolutely sickening.

I saw that, the footage of them booing was almost as upsetting as the photos themselves. Absolutely sickening.

The poor band members listening to that!

like I said you see someone been carried off stage..........

The poor band members listening to that!

like I said you see someone been carried off stage..........

I know. Ridiculous. It doesn't matter if the crowd could see or not, if he goes offstage like that then something is obviously wrong and booing like that is not the answer.

looking back on morrissey's history of stage banter, i think you will find he has said quite a few things that aren't actually true. for example he is not an old harpsichord, and he is not the lead-singer of a-ha. and he probably was not on morphine either.

Seconded.

why boo?
Well I was there.
He was not carried at head height so some people couldn't see what was going on.
I couldn't see for sure and I was ten feet from the stage.Yes some people did boo but not many.Most were shocked and upset,well the ones around me were.
I only heard boos when the first announcement was made.Which was they would let us know what was going to happen and be patient.Which most people were.By the time of the second,most by me had realised he wasn't coming back.
I just wish him well.
Yes it is sad for those who travelled a long way.I only came from Oxford(about a hours drive)Also those who feel cheated because of the money spent.
One day everybody will realise them things are not really that important.
I'm 52 years of age,few things upset me these days.This has.Not just as a fan but as a human being.
I just hope recovers soon.
If he never performs again,I have many years of good memories.
I'm sure he'll be fine,the NHS always look after people:D:D

As a side note,I thought support band(Doll and the kicks)were very good.
The singer has good stage presence and charisma.I shall be looking up some of their music.

Neither of us can say for definite either way. All that I can say is that there is significant circumstantial evidence that it is a possibility.This is not simply about a throw away line.

The circmstances regarding the cancellations on his last tour were never satisfactorily explained. Mozza has a reputation for intense personal privacy, how full an explanation we will get regarding his health this time is further open to question.

Last edited:

why boo?

I knew Sky News had many flaws, but i'm astonished they've managed to credit 'This Charming Man' with a random non-existent song title...

1255589930981.jpg

ghaaaastly gaaaaas ~*~sadface~*~

Tags
get well <3 h1n1 healing vibes hysteria lainey=boring plz be ok<3 we love you moz
Back
Top Bottom