Morrissey spotted at Billy Idol concert in Los Angeles (Feb. 18, 2015)

So Morrissey was at the Billy Idol show last night...

Photo from losangelesartists / Instagram
#morrissey #thesmiths #80s #thewiltern #wilshireandwestern #omg

idol.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend has a thing for chicks in mini skirts so like a good friend and letch I took a pic of this girl leaving the show to text him. I probably WALKED RIGHT PAST MORRISSEY AS I WAS DOING THIS. :straightface:

16582179971_416d899417_b.jpg

Billy Idol definitely has been hitting the P90X but he didn't sing in tune much, still a fun evening. Good crowd.

I am cursed with the same affliction. Thank you for the daily dose. :)

Sir William of Idol and Morrissey actually have a lot of common ground. Both Englishmen exiled in LA, both from the punk generation who became massive pop stars in the 80s and both anointed with the title of the world's Greatest Living Englishman by people who know no better.

And they do a good top lip sneer

are you the one, better but unknown? :)

I'm sure it has much more to do with his work in Gen X than as a solo artist.

70% of Morrissey's audience goes to his gigs much more b/c of his work in The Smiths than as a solo artist. And most leave unhappy because he plays 2/3 of his set from 2004-Present, any only 3-5 Smiths songs, one of which is "Meat is Murder."

70% of Morrissey's audience goes to his gigs much more b/c of his work in The Smiths than as a solo artist. And most leave unhappy because he plays 2/3 of his set from 2004-Present, any only 3-5 Smiths songs, one of which is "Meat is Murder."

i dont know, im not so certain. both times i went this was not the case. sure people liked smiths songs but there were many more solo shout outs from where i was sitting. at least here i think the smiths are very much a fading memory if they had any memory of them at all. i think his solo songs are more recognizable to the general public than what he did in the smiths.

I heard one guy who was standing by the tour bus in Boston as I walked by complaining he didn't play Suedehead or many Smiths songs. He has a new album, why would he stand there and play his greatest hits? He doesn't live in the past and I respect that. The people in the seats further back are just there to hear the hits while many in the pit are there to have a religious experience.

I am cursed with the same affliction. Thank you for the daily dose. :)

I.......ahem.........second that.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that Moz enjoyed the show and didn't end up 'dancing with himself.'

Think I have to apologise to AztecCamera and that Morrissey still has a home in LA.

He is about to going on a tour, I'd think they are doing a bit of rehearsels, new songs, but no
mention of that

'and they say he's metnall'...maybe Nancy has a studio in Malibu...

What a crock.

A random percentage plucked out of thin air.

Regardless of how good a song How Soon Is Now is, I am much more looking forward to hearing songs like Mountjoy, I'm Not A Man and Oboe Concerto for the first time as opposed to HSIN for the 15th time.

A random percentage plucked out of thin air.

Regardless of how good a song How Soon Is Now is, I am much more looking forward to hearing songs like Mountjoy, I'm Not A Man and Oboe Concerto for the first time as opposed to HSIN for the 15th time.

Oboe Concerto - good closer?

Think I have to apologise to AztecCamera and that Morrissey still has a home in LA.

He is about to going on a tour, I'd think they are doing a bit of rehearsels, new songs, but no
mention of that

'and they say he's metnall'...maybe Nancy has a studio in Malibu...

Nope he's been at a hotel the whole time. Won't say which one, but I saw him many times.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom