Morrissey to play Dublin

The place where he is playing is literally only 20 minutes from where I live...cant believe it!!

Can't wait for this. The only Moz gig I've been at so far was Marlay Park 2006 (Yeah I was a late comer!).
I just noticed that there is no car parking at the venue?
I have a rough idea where Kilmainham is. I know where the old jail is. Is the venue just across from that?
Will have to have another Google for car parks!

Yeah it's across from the jail...using the Luas is probably the best way to get there.

I'd like to...but I have a certain Leaving Cert to do :rolleyes:

The gig was superb as always including a cracking version of Allyou need is me. Good Luck in the leaving cert mate

cossy

Hi cossy

I also had fun with These Charming Men last night. Did you notice a strange young man making sustained 'gestures that were absolutely vile' to the band, only to be faced down by the singer during TQID? The stage invasion at the end was hilarious! I took to wondering if by any tiny chance this Lee (Brady, singer) is not the one Morrissey might have had in mind in the song 'In the Future...'?

When you or someone else knows, would you mind posting a separate thread about the Dublin after-show on 28th please? I don't think I've picked up on one yet.

Cheers, glad you're in after all!

Hi goinghome

Yep it was great fun last night. I know the lads very well and I can honestly say no I dont think the Lee theory is quite right:). The stage invasion was indeed hilarious...memories of Derby Assembly Rooms. I was talking to Gavin the guitarist after the gig and he was saying he was very concerned that the crowd on stage would break some of the equipment but was v happy with the gig.
I did notice one or two pissed up assholes there last night which it not usually their crowd. I missed TQID due to a call of nature so didnt see anything nasty going on and the lads didnt mention it later in the bar.

I will post as soon as I know anything about an afterparty with hopefully Martin McCann from Sack spinning the tunes. I remember after the Olympia shows the aftershow was fantastic....if a little sweaty as the venue was tiny

All the best
cossy

Hi cossy

I also had fun with These Charming Men last night. Did you notice a strange young man making sustained 'gestures that were absolutely vile' to the band, only to be faced down by the singer during TQID? The stage invasion at the end was hilarious! I took to wondering if by any tiny chance this Lee (Brady, singer) is not the one Morrissey might have had in mind in the song 'In the Future...'?

When you or someone else knows, would you mind posting a separate thread about the Dublin after-show on 28th please? I don't think I've picked up on one yet.

Cheers, glad you're in after all!

The gig was superb as always including a cracking version of Allyou need is me. Good Luck in the leaving cert mate

cossy

Ah thank you. They or atleast a similar tribute band seem to play quite regularly here so I'm sure I'll catch them in the future.

any reccomendations on hotels close to venue etc...
and how far is the walk from city centre etc etc,...
please?
:)
oh and if anyone wants a travel buddy from cork, please pm me.

If you are coming from O'Connell street I would say it is a good 45 minute walk. There are loads of hotels on the quays. You wont have any trouble finding one. I think fitzsimmons is fairly cheap.It is in temple bar. I haven't stayed in any myself though so dont know which ones to recommend.

any reccomendations on hotels close to venue etc...
and how far is the walk from city centre etc etc,...
please?
:)
oh and if anyone wants a travel buddy from cork, please pm me.

If you are staying in the city centre.....just hop on the luas (tram) 10 mins to Kilmainham

As for Cork I am flying back from Cork to Dublin with RyanAir on the Friday morning for 6euro.

cossy

Actually I just thought of a b and b. It is at the bottom of infirmary road which is really near the venue.

over 18's:( anyway of getting around that? i really wanna go. only 16 tho:(:(:(

over 18's:( anyway of getting around that? i really wanna go. only 16 tho:(:(:(

Yeah I'm 17...but I doubt anyone (unless you were some sort of suspicious character) would refuse to let you in. Because I mean it's hardly like you're going to get pissed and spend your time buying booze.

I got into Electric Picnic when I was 15...and that's about as over 18s as you could possibly get.

Yeah I'm 17...but I doubt anyone (unless you were some sort of suspicious character) would refuse to let you in. Because I mean it's hardly like you're going to get pissed and spend your time buying booze.

I got into Electric Picnic when I was 15...and that's about as over 18s as you could possibly get.

I remember at the Dublin Castle gig in 2004 they were looking for id....but i think it was because of the Heineken sponsorship. I think you will be fine.
Now get back to your studying:):)

cossy

tanx fellas!:) u better b rite:p lol

I got mine and my girlfriend's tickets on Saturday morning! I'm very excited. I don't think she was all too enthusiastic. "Ohh but we are going to see him in London the following week." So i had to say "Oh but we can have a romantic weekend in Dublin". What i have not told her is that we are flying out on the Saturday and returning the following morning! ha!
Obviously this is going to be a intimate gig; but does anybody know what the capacity will be? Does anybody know what time the gig starts, and who will be supporting Morrissey?

I got mine and my girlfriend's tickets on Saturday morning! I'm very excited. I don't think she was all too enthusiastic. "Ohh but we are going to see him in London the following week." So i had to say "Oh but we can have a romantic weekend in Dublin". What i have not told her is that we are flying out on the Saturday and returning the following morning! ha!
Obviously this is going to be a intimate gig; but does anybody know what the capacity will be? Does anybody know what time the gig starts, and who will be supporting Morrissey?

You should read this thread from the page 1.

Back
Top Bottom