My first Morrissey concert: what to expect?

Mr. Tibbles

I'm attending my first Morrissey concert in Dallas on May 25th - it's general admission at the Palladium Ballroom. How early would you recommend that I get there? Do I really have to get there at 8 a.m. to get next to the stage?? Thanks!

I'm going to get hated on for this.

I used to go to a lot of GA shows. If you're by yourself, or you don't mind not standing next to your friends, then just work your way up the side and across the front. It may take a few songs, but you can probably work your way up to the front, a step or two at a time. Just be polite. I always tried to move around a little, so I wasn't standing in front of one person who had been there since 8 am.

Say hi to Julia for me.

i have an idea, Kewpie. Why don't we eliminate every thread and have just one super-thread to make you happy?

I enjoy wading through threads as long as the Frink thread that go on for 200 pages to the point where you lost track of what somebody said on page 10.

uhh, suzanne, uhh
she did not eliminate this thread
she pointed out an earlier one
and if i am not mistaken
that is usually a sign that a thread will not be merged
please
let's try and berate kewpie
when she does something others object not
and not when it is otherwise...

uhh, suzanne, uhh
she did not eliminate this thread
she pointed out an earlier one
and if i am not mistaken
that is usually a sign that a thread will not be merged
please
let's try and berate kewpie
when she does something others object not
and not when it is otherwise...

i didn't say she eliminated the thread. i'm saying that on nearly every thread that pops up these days, she points out "this has been discussed earlier in this thread" and then points out the relevant thread.

did she ever think that this person is looking for other people going to the Dallas show? yes, that's right. there are other social functions to "forum discussion" other than "i'm going to embark on a highly studious investigation of what i should do at my first show."

i didn't say she eliminated the thread. i'm saying that on nearly every thread that pops up these days, she points out "this has been discussed earlier in this thread" and then points out the relevant thread.

did she ever think that this person is looking for other people going to the Dallas show? yes, that's right. there are other social functions to "forum discussion" other than "i'm going to embark on a highly studious investigation of what i should do at my first show."

I only suggested to read an earlier thread to Mr Tibbles.
It depends on each member to decide to read it or not.

Is it wrong to give some answers using earlier threads? :confused:

well, i have my own guesses as to who those other threads may be useful too
and that is just the point, often kewpie points outs similiar threads and somebody finds them useful
i confess even i have from time to time
i am surprised that you do not actually Suzanne :eek:

be ready to lose your virginity...and if you're no longer a virgin, you'll be surprised at the denial you've been in...a truly hymen-tearing experience..

and somebody finds them useful
i confess even i have from time to time
i am surprised that you do not actually Suzanne :eek:

what would i find them useful for? :confused:

as far as i'm concerned, the vast majority of threads aren't worth the time to go searching through the archives to raise from the grave. i occasionally seek things out, but not for the purposes you think of. for example, if there was a flurry of discussion about "wouldn't it be great if moz started releasing non-album singles again" and a few weeks later it is revealed that moz has a brand new song that he is touting as a single and that he supposedly recorded with Alain and the gang, i suddenly become suspicious about the coincidence. it's happened a couple of times before where somebody asks a weird question or poses the thought of "wouldn't it be great if moz appeared on Craig Kilborn's show?" and things happen along those lines a few weeks later.

not that i actually sought out any of that stuff. let's just say that if it was a couple of years ago, i would have bothered searching.

it actually does me a favor if somebody starts a new one because if somebody does resurrect a thread, i have to figure out which post was the last before people started discussing it again. i basically click on the thing that takes me to the newest post and i work my way backwards, but then, it's been so long that i forgot what the thread was about, so i have to start over at the beginning and find out what that person was responding to. then i get annoyed and move on.

I'm attending my first Morrissey concert in Dallas on May 25th - it's general admission at the Palladium Ballroom. How early would you recommend that I get there? Do I really have to get there at 8 a.m. to get next to the stage?? Thanks!
If you want to be at the front, prepare to get battered! Really, it can get brutal up there! But all worth it...

If you want to be at the front, prepare to get battered! Really, it can get brutal up there! But all worth it...

i am wondering if wearing high heels and racing for the front when the doors open on the 22nd will be a good idea...
aaaagh....great looking legs before the concert/height advantage during the concert vs not being at the front, pain...

i am wondering if wearing high heels and racing for the front when the doors open on the 22nd will be a good idea...
aaaagh....great looking legs before the concert/height advantage during the concert vs not being at the front, pain...

LOL - I'll be dressed way down - no heels for me (I'm female, despite my user ID). I plan to wear my "Worst President Ever" t-shirt because Moz hates Bush as much as I do (so I have to get down front for him to see it). I'm going alone - I'm kind of a Dallas newbie, and Mr. Mr. Tibbles isn't interested in going. I hope my solo status makes it easier for me to be pushy as far as getting down front.

LOL - I'll be dressed way down - no heels for me (I'm female, despite my user ID). I plan to wear my "Worst President Ever" t-shirt because Moz hates Bush as much as I do (so I have to get down front for him to see it). I'm going alone - I'm kind of a Dallas newbie, and Mr. Mr. Tibbles isn't interested in going. I hope my solo status makes it easier for me to be pushy as far as getting down front.

i think i'll opt for my chucks before the show anyway. don't worry going alone. you're right-its the best oportunity to end up at the front. thanks to an amazing person at my last show i was front row because he told everybody to move! it was wonderful...and i was sobbing so much people felt bad (nothing to be proud of!) so they let me move to the front.

I have to be front row centre. not next to julia though..

i think i'll opt for my chucks before the show anyway. don't worry going alone. you're right-its the best oportunity to end up at the front. thanks to an amazing person at my last show i was front row because he told everybody to move! it was wonderful...and i was sobbing so much people felt bad (nothing to be proud of!) so they let me move to the front.

I have to be front row centre. not next to julia though..

Just curious - I know who Julia is - what would be wrong with being next to her?

Just curious - I know who Julia is - what would be wrong with being next to her?

you'd be upstaged by her, he wouldn't really touch your hand...from what ive seen, he avoids the general area where she is because he already gives her enough attention....i suppose he doesn't want it to seem like he's always around her....other people paid too. lol. i could be wrong...

Regret. You can't go back. What has been has been. You'll begin to understand the meaning of obession as you give up every area of your life that doesn't understand. You life is about to begin. There will be 28 more concerts that you will sacrifice all you have to attend. Then you will have to wait until he tours again. This time you may travel to different parts of the world to fufil your addiction.

what would i find them useful for? :confused:

as far as i'm concerned, the vast majority of threads aren't worth the time to go searching through the archives to raise from the grave. i occasionally seek things out, but not for the purposes you think of. for example, if there was a flurry of discussion about "wouldn't it be great if moz started releasing non-album singles again" and a few weeks later it is revealed that moz has a brand new song that he is touting as a single and that he supposedly recorded with Alain and the gang, i suddenly become suspicious about the coincidence. it's happened a couple of times before where somebody asks a weird question or poses the thought of "wouldn't it be great if moz appeared on Craig Kilborn's show?" and things happen along those lines a few weeks later.

not that i actually sought out any of that stuff. let's just say that if it was a couple of years ago, i would have bothered searching.

it actually does me a favor if somebody starts a new one because if somebody does resurrect a thread, i have to figure out which post was the last before people started discussing it again. i basically click on the thing that takes me to the newest post and i work my way backwards, but then, it's been so long that i forgot what the thread was about, so i have to start over at the beginning and find out what that person was responding to. then i get annoyed and move on.

blimey guv that was one hell of a frustrated posting

you'd be upstaged by her, he wouldn't really touch your hand...from what ive seen, he avoids the general area where she is because he already gives her enough attention....i suppose he doesn't want it to seem like he's always around her....other people paid too. lol. i could be wrong...

I love the way people over examine the whole julia situation

who gives a shit, as if you would be any less upstaged if you were standing 100 feet away from her.

Back
Top Bottom