My Quest: Get on Stage during the New Tour!

How about you just let him stand there and sing so that the rest of us can experience the music that we went to the venue to listen to? Really, it distracts the fans, it distracts the band, and it distracts Morrissey. Leave him alone so that he can perform (appear live).

yes, so be sure to jump in between songs ;)

I just wonder why people want to do it when all the signs point to him not really wanting them to do it. It's about respect. I think sometimes it's easy to forget he's a human being rather than a toy for our amusement.

But then, this is coming from someone who probably wouldn't approach him if I saw him in the street or in a restaurant. I wouldn't want to be one of those pushy fans who slobber all over famous people and I don't like to watch it either.

I agree 1000%. I got to witness a couple of stage invasions firsthand in Pasadena and they were both pretty ugly. I've seen it on video before and even years ago when it was ok, I still think it looks scary. But to see it firsthand was a real eye opener at how dangerous it can be.

In Pasadena one guy literally tackled Morrissey, who was sitting on the stage looking at the ground at the time and had no idea he was about to be flattened. Morrissey was certainly nice about it - he didn't get upset and got up off the ground smiling, but I'm pretty sure he didn't enjoy it or want it to happen again.

In the other case the guy didn't really even make it up on the stage.... he wouldn't let go of Morrissey's hand, seemed to nearly pull him into the pit, and then while he sort of was halfway on the stage still pulling at Morrissey's hand he apparently tried to grab his head/neck! (I couldn't see this part but that's what people who were right next to the guy have said). The securlty pulled him off poor Moz, who then did the saddest thing - he went over in front of the drum kit and stood there facing it (and rubbing his neck) until they got the guy off the stage. It seemed really clear to me that he didn't want to have to watch that guy get manhandled and drug off. I know he gets upset when the securlty are rough with fans but in this case there was no way they could have been nice about it.

So, anyway, I think the time for this kind of thing has come & gone and nothing good can come of trying it now. Yeah, I know if you're a small girl you're not going to hurt him, but if the small girls get up there that's just going to encourage the big guys who might hurt him. Morrissey still seems to want to hold as many hands as he can reach, so leave it at that and don't make them move the barricade so far away from the stage he can't reach anyone.

In Pasadena one guy literally tackled Morrissey, who was sitting on the stage looking at the ground at the time and had no idea he was about to be flattened.

In the other case the guy didn't really even make it up on the stage.... he wouldn't let go of Morrissey's hand, seemed to nearly pull him into the pit, and then while he sort of was halfway on the stage still pulling at Morrissey's hand he apparently tried to grab his head/neck! (I couldn't see this part but that's what people who were right next to the guy have said). The securlty pulled him off poor Moz, who then did the saddest thing - he went over in front of the drum kit and stood there facing it (and rubbing his neck) until they got the guy off the stage. It seemed really clear to me that he didn't want to have to watch that guy get manhandled and drug off. I know he gets upset when the securlty are rough with fans but in this case there was no way they could have been nice about it.

those kinds of things make me mad
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
the fans acting that way i mean

I'm in with you on this one sister, I believe I am ready right this second but maybe I could use some more muscles. Could I suggest if he does come to Saltair in Salt Lake City, UT you try to make it to this concert, the stage is perfect for jumping on (I know this because I've been there many a time) and every seat in this venue is G.A.! It's so perfect and I am ready. I think I may have a real chance because I am really tall and I ran track in college (oh only 4 years ago) so I am pretty quick. My plan is to wait until the encore and just go for it, whats to loose huh? I say lets do it!!

I like the way you think!

To all others...I agree with what you're saying as well. I'm torn though..I'd really really really like to do it and I can't see how it would make a really huge big difference, but I would not want Morrissey to get hurt in any way...what I'll try to do is meet him before the shows....and if I do that, I don't think I'd resort to stage-jumping. I think I'd chicken out when I'm supposed to do it anyway...I'm a big big chicken. I don't know...we'll see...I see your points however...I don't want to trigger 40 year old 200 pound men...that's not my intention...they'd crush my delicate poet!!!

I like the way you think!

To all others...I agree with what you're saying as well. I'm torn though..I'd really really really like to do it and I can't see how it would make a really huge big difference, but I would not want Morrissey to get hurt in any way...what I'll try to do is meet him before the shows....and if I do that, I don't think I'd resort to stage-jumping. I think I'd chicken out when I'm supposed to do it anyway...I'm a big big chicken. I don't know...we'll see...I see your points however...I don't want to trigger 40 year old 200 pound men...that's not my intention...they'd crush my delicate poet!!!

i am 34
and under 200 now!
:mad:

Well I was at the Pasadena shows this month and made a try for the stage. BAD MISTAKE! I was in the pit for the first show off to the right hand side. I thought that the coast was clear because I was right next to a speaker that was probably chest high to me so I decided to jump on that when I had the chance then set foot on the stage. Well I got up and got one foot on the stage and out of nowhere one of Moz's stage hands blindsides me so hard that he sent me flying into the guardrail( I saw him and put up no fight but he still decided to be rough) and my knee hit the rail and I was kicked out of the pit section. I found an empty seat and sat down. I could barely walk my knee was so swollen(it would be another two weeks before I was actually 100%). Just a word of advice for anyone who tries to get on stage be POSITIVE that you have a clear lane Moz's security is ruthless.

Well I was at the Pasadena shows this month and made a try for the stage. BAD MISTAKE! I was in the pit for the first show off to the right hand side. I thought that the coast was clear because I was right next to a speaker that was probably chest high to me so I decided to jump on that when I had the chance then set foot on the stage. Well I got up and got one foot on the stage and out of nowhere one of Moz's stage hands blindsides me so hard that he sent me flying into the guardrail( I saw him and put up no fight but he still decided to be rough) and my knee hit the rail and I was kicked out of the pit section. I found an empty seat and sat down. I could barely walk my knee was so swollen(it would be another two weeks before I was actually 100%). Just a word of advice for anyone who tries to get on stage be POSITIVE that you have a clear lane Moz's security is ruthless.

why won't they change, change and be nice???

you say ruthless
i say just
and yes i have been in my fair share of rough handlings
both giving them and getting them @ shows :cool:
but hey
you learned your lesson :)
the security of Morrissey is paramount!

Does anyone know what happens after you get on stage? I heard from the brother of a guy that successfully jumped on stage in Pasadena that his brother was backstage after the show. I don't know if it BS or not but the guy was really emotional talking on his cell phone and I thought he was being sincere.

I was standing near the rail at the GMex, and there was no lack of trying. The most common PoA was to crowd surf to the front, and nonchalantly keep heading north. Security guards were having none of it, and were being seriously rough with those who tried, even when their hands were full with people plopping over at a furious rate.

One person (young lad) mad it onto the stage somehow, got 2/3rds of the way towards Morrissey before being absolutely flattened by a bouncer. I mean seriously tackled, rugby style. He was only a metre or two short of his target.

I actually believe that it should be a legal requirement of the performing artist to do at least one crowd surf.:D

Back
Top Bottom