New Rolling Stone mag gives, 'THPGU' single VERY GOOD review..

Anyway, THPGU may lack the brilliance of most of Moz's work, but it is still far superior than the crap that is being played on the radio, sold by the millions and covered by Rolling Stone. That being said- I actually like the tune.

Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaahaha David, hahahaha ;)

Morrissey ***1/2
"That's How People Grow Up"
iTunes

STOP HIM IF YOU THINK YOU'VE heard this one before: Morrissey begins his new single with the dramatic claim "I was wasting my time trying to fall in love," and then spending three minutes deciding it will never happen again. Bother! "That's How People Grow Up," already familiar from the Mozzer's triumphant U.S. tour last year, is one of two fab new songs from his upcoming greatest-hits collection. The tune beings with a high-pitched trill from Kristeen Young, crunching into Boz Boorer's guitars and the Mozzer's hard-won lesson: "So, yes, there are thing worse in life/Than never being someone's sweetie." He's voiced this sentiment once or twice before ("How Soon Is Now?" "Will Never Marry," "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby") but by now he sounds downright cheery about it.

Granted I'm very cynical, but it is iTunes, what else are they going to write? It's totally crap don't waste your money? They're trying to sell music. "...His "fab" Greatest Hits collection." "Fab." Really?:confused:

Granted I'm very cynical, but it is iTunes, what else are they going to write? It's totally crap don't waste your money? They're trying to sell music. "...His "fab" Greatest Hits collection." "Fab." Really?:confused:

Also, I think it's important to mention that the review was under the Downloads-Single section. I searched my heart out on iTunes; I didn't find anything.

So :confused:

This isn't from iTunes. It's from Rolling Stone Magazine. They said it was available for download from iTunes. Which, again, is baffling because IT ISN'T! Not yet anyway.

This isn't from iTunes. It's from Rolling Stone Magazine. They said it was available for download from iTunes. Which, again, is baffling because IT ISN'T! Not yet anyway.

Okay, so a Rolling Stone review is now reduced to writing, "...fab greatest hits collection?" Seriously, do they have sixteen year olds writing for them? :sick:

I don't think I've even picked up a copy of Rolling Stone in a decade. I thought it was like Life magazine and just disappeared. Hell, the only reason to read it a decade ago was for the Hunter S. Thompson stuff. Tragic end for Dr. Thompson I'm afraid...:tears:

Okay, so a Rolling Stone review is now reduced to writing, "...fab greatest hits collection?" Seriously, do they have sixteen year olds writing for them? :sick:

I don't think I've even picked up a copy of Rolling Stone in a decade. I thought it was like Life magazine and just disappeared. Hell, the only reason to read it a decade ago was for the Hunter S. Thompson stuff. Tragic end for Dr. Thompson I'm afraid...:tears:

HA! Exactly! The only reason i get it is for the small chance they mention Morrissey, or a picture or something! Ha... So last year, i believe, the only pictures of Morrissey were the advertisements from LiveNation to promote his tour.

Plenty of Pete Wentz though... :sick:

It will be by cover date... magazines work weeks to months ahead of cover date.

Yeah I know that. But Rolling Stone publishes new issues every week. Isn't too early for that? I mean, the other stuff is already out. Like the Jack Johnson stuff that is also being reviewed. Maybe they're just as excited as we are :D

"Fab" hasn't been a word used by 16 year olds for about 20 years now...

"Fab" hasn't been a word used by 16 year olds for about 20 years now...

I swear to God, I swear, I didn't even know "Hell Yeah, Muthaf***as!":)

On the “Downloads” page, Okkervil River is the “must have” (photo, good review, but no star ratings)

Ratings schmatings…On the same page as our 3 ½ Mozzer is… (stars given)

The singles:

Jack Johnson, If I had eyes = 2 ½
Vampire Weekend, One (Blake’s got a new face) = 3 ½

The albums:

Radiohead, In Rainbows = 3 ½
Cookin’ Soul, Jay Z vs Elvis = 2
DJ Skee, The American Godfather = 3 ½

Wouldn't it be just divine if the Moz's new single became his first Number One? :D:cool::guitar:

I'm probably just getting ahead of myself, after all, its just Rolling Stone reviewing the song, LOL.

You've got to be joking.Right now every time i tune into ANY radio station all i can bloody well hear is Britneys latest crap.

Maybe Steve Wright will play Moz but Radio 1 won't.

Its a conspiracy.:mad:

That would be a nice surprise. After all, Chuck Berry's first, and only, #1 was "My Ding-a-Ling," which came out many years after he'd jumped the shark. Just sayin'.

I so agree with you, lesser appealing songs have made it to #1 over the decades so why would Moz's new single be much of a surprise if it did become his first #1?

Thanks for the feedback, :)

Back
Top Bottom