Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Interesting to watch Gordy have a full blown mental breakdown, blowing gasket after gasket, while Surface and Redacted barely raised an eyebrow. Textbook approach. The “retirement” Gordy refers to might just be him being forcibly relieved of his duties and sent off to a sanitarium.

Interesting to watch Gordy have a full blown mental breakdown, blowing gasket after gasket, while Surface and Redacted barely raised an eyebrow. Textbook approach. The “retirement” Gordy refers to might just be him being forcibly relieved of his duties and sent off to a sanitarium.
dont talk garbage,because red adair and surface dont have a sense of humour,if i asked them to tell me a joke i bet they couldnt,i asked skinny this one night and he couldnt either,you have two minutes to tell me a joke,any joke,could even be a knock knock joke,clock starts now.

your not a good look,you are the biggest wimp on here and the biggest bore with your seating plans and your concert diary,give me f...... peace on a saturday morning.

Gordy, if you want peace on a Saturday morning and think Surface is boring, the answer is very simple: don't visit Morrissey-Solo or, at the very least, don't reply to Surface and use the "ignore" function so you don't have to see their comments.

Maybe if you read the About section, which you shout at Redacted for doing, you'd be aware of the website's basic functions.

Go get yourself some peace and rest before you have a heart attack over internet comments from strangers. It just really, really isn't worth the time or effort for you, and I can imagine it isn't easy getting that het up about something so meaningless. But you won't do this, because it's the only thrill you have, in what is a seemingly empty life, although I hope this isn't the case for you.

I don't comment much on this website (because, you know, I have a life), but I thought this was worth saying from one man to another.

Gordy, if you want peace on a Saturday morning and think Surface is boring, the answer is very simple: don't visit Morrissey-Solo or, at the very least, don't reply to Surface and use the "ignore" function so you don't have to see their comments.

Maybe if you read the About section, which you shout at Redacted for doing, you'd be aware of the website's basic functions.

Go get yourself some peace and rest before you have a heart attack over internet comments from strangers.
i never asked for surface to message me,i was minding my own business and he thought he was a knight in shiting armour.
iv asked red adair and surface to put me on ignore and guess what,they couldnt do it,all they had to do was press a button,people might not like me but they certainly cant ignore me.
as for the about button,iv been coming here for twenty years i think i know how the site works by now.

i never asked for surface to message me,i was minding my own business and he thought he was a knight in shiting armour.
iv asked red adair and surface to put me on ignore and guess what,they couldnt do it,all they had to do was press a button,people might not like me but they certainly cant ignore me.
as for the about button,iv been coming here for twenty years i think i know how the site works by now.

That's just deflection, Gordy. They have every right to not put you on ignore and every right to reply to you - this is a public forum. Again, this is something you'd understand had you read the About section.

You can't control the actions of others, as much as I know you wish you could, which you have shown time and time again while using this forum. You can only control your own actions, to put it simply. If you don't like them seeing your messages and replying to you, don't rise to it. Pop them on ignore and move on with your life. Like I said before, it's really not worth it at all. There's more important things in life to be getting on with, especially if you're coming up to retirement (congrats, by the way, hope you have some plans for something good).

That's just deflection, Gordy. They have every right to not put you on ignore and every right to reply to you - this is a public forum. Again, this is something you'd understand had you read the About section.

You can't control the actions of others, as much as I know you wish you could, which you have shown time and time again while using this forum. You can only control your own actions, to put it simply. If you don't like them seeing your messages and replying to you, don't rise to it. Pop them on ignore and move on with your life. Like I said before, it's really not worth it at all. There's more important things in life to be getting on with, especially if you're coming up to retirement (congrats, by the way, hope you have some plans for something good).
think we will leave it there before you get headmaster syndrome.

think we will leave it there before you get headmaster syndrome.

Gordy, I'm just being nice and empathetic to a fellow human being, advising them that there really, really, really is more to life than an internet forum and getting angry over the comments of strangers (who, just like you, are humans with feelings).

If you want to spend your life and your retirement getting upset about people replying to you then that's your choice, but you only have yourself to blame if that continues to upset you and you continue to engage, despite having sound advice on how to use the basic functions of the website which will allow you to avoid becoming upset and angry in the future. The snarky comments just highlight that you lack the emotional maturity to see your own actions for what they are - those of a child who doesn't understand they cannot always get their own way, and place blame on others rather than looking within. I hope this is something you can develop during your retirement.

IMG_9564.jpeg

You post so often about Johnny Marr and his buddies that you cannot yet be aware of at least one fan-site dedicated to him - https://johnnymarrvellous.com/interviews/johnny.php ,
since otherwise you'd surely spend your time there with your heroes, instead of using them (or being used by them) to score points against Morrissey.
Your bitching about what other people here do never ends. I will attempt to clarify things for you.
This site reports on Marr as it sees fit, that is an administrative decision which has been explained about a million times. A majority of the people here seem to agree with it, because only a few complain, and he was a member of the Smiths, which is a topic of this site. Read the About section.

Since the site reports on Marr, it just logically follows that it is permitted for posters here to post about him.

If you don't like it, find a site that is solely devoted to the worship of Morrissey.
We are given free reign to post on a broad range of topics here, such as in the place called OFF TOPIC where you post as many pseudo-intellectual non-Morrissey threads as you can.

There is also a section for OTHER MUSIC.

The administration here decides if a post is in the wrong section and moves it or removes it, I don't see them asking for your help.
Also, the administration let's people know when they want them to leave here, and again, I don't see them asking for you help.

They have it under control.

No one is trying to 'score points against Morrissey', they are having discussions, which is something you aren't very good at. Maybe you should work on honing your social skills and getting out more so you don't have to devote your life to policing this site.

The actual topic of this thread is SER's photoshop and the Central post. It reflects very negatively on Morrissey and his errant nephew. Maybe you could discuss that, instead of attacking Surface, who is actually a very good contributor here. Unlike you.

Maybe you should work on honing your social skills and getting out more so you don't have to devote your life to policing this site.

The actual topic of this thread is SER's photoshop and the Central post. It reflects very negatively on Morrissey and his errant nephew. Maybe you could discuss that, instead of attacking Surface, who is actually a very good contributor here. Unlike you.
Well, @goinghome is actually a very good and well respected contributor here. Who are you to decide who is and who isn’t? Live and let live and learn to deal with the fact that not everyone agrees with your opinions. That’s part of adulthood. It isn’t so hard.

And personally attacking another contributor doesn’t reflect well on yourself. You can surely do better than that,

Last edited:
Well, @goinghome is actually a very good and well respected contributor here. Who are you to decide who is and who isn’t? Live and let live and learn to deal with the fact that not everyone agrees with your opinions. That’s part of adulthood. It isn’t so hard.
So what do you think of the post on Central? :lbf:
Also, I stand by my post.

Back
Top Bottom