Overpriced Items

I am aware you can purchase the LPs now re-issued, but if you have an original it can catch a good price these days. I remember an article in Q magazine about how the original smiths LPs have some significant value.

The reissues are more expensive compared to original UK pressings.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Last edited:

The seller is an occasional visitor to this site, so I'll watch what I say, but I do enjoy the way that s/he elaborates on the scarcity of a record:
This ultra-rare Morrissey promotional single was issued at the time of the release of the 1993 'Beethoven Was Deaf' album to radio stations in the UK. The cd version of this promotional item is very rare, but this 7" format is even less frequently offered for sale and very few are likely to be in circulation. The record has two live tracks: 'Jack The Ripper' on the A-side and 'Sister I'm A Poet' on the reverse, both recorded at the Paris Zenith. 'Jack The Ripper' became very popular at live appearances despite not being released as a single in its own right. Contributing to the collectability of this record is the unique sleeve artwork which depicts Morrissey and bassist Gary Day which never appeared on a regular release. This is an extremely rare Morrissey item which is in great condition (see below) and which is likely to become increasingly sought-after and valuable as time goes by.

Like Mikael said, 'really'?

Dave

In my opinion, some postage fees are really criminal , especially when you know how much roughly the actual costs are.:mad:
Cheers Moz

The seller is an occasional visitor to this site, so I'll watch what I say, but I do enjoy the way that s/he elaborates on the scarcity of a record:
This ultra-rare Morrissey promotional single was issued at the time of the release of the 1993 'Beethoven Was Deaf' album to radio stations in the UK. The cd version of this promotional item is very rare, but this 7" format is even less frequently offered for sale and very few are likely to be in circulation. The record has two live tracks: 'Jack The Ripper' on the A-side and 'Sister I'm A Poet' on the reverse, both recorded at the Paris Zenith. 'Jack The Ripper' became very popular at live appearances despite not being released as a single in its own right. Contributing to the collectability of this record is the unique sleeve artwork which depicts Morrissey and bassist Gary Day which never appeared on a regular release. This is an extremely rare Morrissey item which is in great condition (see below) and which is likely to become increasingly sought-after and valuable as time goes by.

Like Mikael said, 'really'?

Dave

The things is though, you can't blame the seller if two (or more) people are willing to pay that much and get into a bidding war, then fool them :crazy:

By then anything is only worth what people are willing to pay for it and in this case, someone thinks it's worth £75

Last edited:
The things is though, you can't blame the seller if two (or more) people are willing to pay that much and get into a bidding war, then fool them :crazy:

By then anything is only worth what people are willing to pay for it and in this case, someone thinks it's worth £75

I couldn't agree more with you everyday, the seller is only doing his job trying to get as much as he can squeeze out of people. It is all down to buyers
in the end!
Cheers Moz

wtf? all the people I 've soöld £30 copies should be pleased;)

Back
Top Bottom