Poll: Should Lesley-Anne change her nickname?

Should Lesley-Anne change her nickname?

• no

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • yes

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • who cares?

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
YOU ARE NOT people :o
the 2nd half your post shows that :cool:

so you have lots of problems with being with people, did this start when you was in the army, how did that feel to be a part of something, as a term to fight along side your comrades. do you miss it, is that why you take drugs.

I think it is very insensitive, especially on the internet, where relatives could see it.

No matter what the intention i think it is too debatable

this whole site is;
very insensitive
&
too debatable
so...
and by the way
THERE MAY BE MILLIONS* OF Lesley-Annes out there
i know this may come as a shock to some English people and Anglophiles on here
but this thread has made more aware of the connotations around 'that username'
which r MERELY IMPLIED
THEN ALL ELSE I HAVE EVER READ
good work dorkos :o

*=no not really millions but i aint gonna count em all :cool:

Last edited:
I'm sure Lesley-Anne will be suprised in the direction her thread went.

I think it is all just a waste (as you said before) she isn't gonna change it, she can't see the depravity of naming herself after a brutally murdered child otherwise she wouldn't have called herself that in the 1st place.
I feel disgusted in myself for replying in it.

love

Grim

Serious business, these internets. Some people choose goofy names, others after dead presidents or war heroes, or even family members. What does it matter?

Yes, a nickname (with a relation to the smiths, and used with good intent) on the INTERNETS of all places is "sick" and "depraved".

Some people need to get a life and stop being so damn touchy about every god damn little thing. No, she shouldn't change it. Not unless the admin demands so because he/she finds it so "horrible". If not, leave her alone for christ sakes.

this whole site is;
very insensitive
&
too debatable
so...
and by the way
THERE MAY BE MILLIONS* OF Lesley-Annes out there
which r MERELY IMPLIED
good work dorkos :o

*=no not really millions but i aint gonna count em all :cool:

Serious business, these internets. Some people choose goofy names, others after dead presidents or war heroes, or even family members. What does it matter?

Yes, a nickname (with a relation to the smiths, and used with good intent) on the INTERNETS of all places is "sick" and "depraved".

Some people need to get a life and stop being so damn touchy about every god damn little thing. No, she shouldn't change it. Not unless the admin demands so because he/she finds it so "horrible". If not, leave her alone for christ sakes.

Both fair points, I think. I agree this thread just makes more of it than should be.

How many people who think this user should keep the name live in Britain and how many of those lived/remembered the moors murders or live in Manchester and the area around where it all happened?

What would people say if I were to change my name to Bernice Worden? or to one of the students names who were killed in Columbine or Virginia?

This user has already said it's not her real name and is about
Lesley Ann Downey so that puts paid to anyone still using that argument

What if a relative used this site and saw this name too and found out that it is referring to Lesley Ann Downey, do you think they'd be accepting of it?

What if a relative used this site and saw this name too and found out that it is referring to Lesley Ann Downey, do you think they'd be accepting of it?

Maybe not 'accepting' but I sincerely doubt they would find it "horrible" and "disgusting" as some on here claim to.

Oh noes! Someone is paying tribute to our daughter on the internets by using her name on a Morrissey message board. HOW VILE!. :rolleyes:

Maybe not 'accepting' but I sincerely doubt they would find it "horrible" and "disgusting" as some on here claim to.

Oh noes! Someone is paying tribute to our daughter on the internets by using her name on a Morrissey message board. HOW VILE!. :rolleyes:

Well, not everyone feels that way.

But you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

You clearly don't know the impact that the murders had on Britain and we can't possibly imagine the impact it had on the victims family.

I think they'd probably find upsetting that someone is using her name in such trivial manner.

The difference between this user and Morrissey is that he grew up in Manchester at the time and saw the impact it had and was able to convey this in his song, which was not trivial in the slightest and was a tribute to the victims and a condemnation of Myra Hindley.

And one more point, for a tribute the user could at least use the correct spelling of her name?

Last edited:
I just think that if any family members heard about this they'd be horrified. Lesley-Ann Downey's mother has passed away now, but I have seen her interviewed on television many times over the years and I have never, ever seen such raw grief and anguish that was so powerfully felt even years and years after the loss of her child.
This is nothing to do with the song, or The Smiths, that's another matter altogether. It's just a matter of respect. No-one surely would look at this forum and think ''Oh look, one of them has named themselves after a tiny child who was savagely tortured and brutally murdered, how decent of them to honour her'' It will be misunderstood and misconstrued all the time. It makes me feel bad every time I see it. Would everyone be comfortably with a user called Jessica Chapman or Holly Wells or James Bulger?

OK you f***s. I'm not changing my username but I did edit the blood oranges part... BUT I have like 30 f***ing trees and they taste so amazing with ice cold Grey Goose vodka....

That was all the blood oranges thing was supposed to mean...

OK you f***s. I'm not changing my username but I did edit the blood oranges part... BUT I have like 30 f***ing trees and they taste so amazing with ice cold Grey Goose vodka....

Well, you can't change your name even if you wanted to. The mods won't let you.

Which is why it was pointless to argue about it. You should have the username you want, even if I and others don't agree with it or think it is in good taste.

Well, you can't change your name even if you wanted to. The mods won't let you.

Which is why it was pointless to argue about it. You should have the username you want, even if I and others don't agree with it or think it is in good taste.

You know celebrity nowaday is all about causing a commotion. To anger or cause an uproar... Has anyone seen my video on myexwife.com???

"No it's just more lock jawed pop stars
Thicker than pig shit, Nothing to convey
They're so scared to show intelligence
It might smear their lovely career."

And as far as that goes, at least people were talking about me. :eek:
I think Col. Tom Parker once told Elvis, "Don't worry what they say about you, as long as they talk about you."

They who wish to hurt you, Work within the law

OK you f***s. I'm not changing my username
good, cuz you must never give in to them
unless you want it to get worse :eek:
although how much quicker could they have been to rushing to vilify you?
and how much more can some people over imply and assume the size of our limited shared knowledge is? :o
while still having more than enough time to be shameless regarding their arbitary judging of you?
really it reminds me of how the Knights Templar were railroaded :(
gee, i wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

really it reminds me of how the Knights Templar were railroaded :(
gee, i wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

You sent me that kick ass photo before of the Unicursal Hexigram...
Maybe I should just keep mentioning the power of the Beast...heehee

You are a bad ass brother. High-five.

A slight improvement but when you resort to petty insults then I assume you know we have a point.

Having read some of your previous posts you do seem like a nice person :)

which r MERELY IMPLIED
good work dorkos

People who are unaware should be made aware of the connotations surrounding that name, it explains why it absolutely should not be used on here.

I would be interested to know what the owner and moderators think.

(because english aint really your language, like @ all)

i know English is very difficult for you
that much is becoming apparent
but we do like question marks at the end of questions
unless all of yours are rhetorical
which it may best to assume @ this point
i fear :eek:

when it gets near the end of 2007, can somebody, please, remember to nominate these as the Most Ironic Posts Of The Year?

i can teach you english yet sonny :p

y'think?

tmyem!, are you gonna take robby up on his offer? i think you should - his english is really good.

You are a bad ass brother. High-five.

he sure is: he's just crazy, really; just a law unto himself. he takes drugs and everything.

Back
Top Bottom