Save Afflecks Palace

Manchesters Afflecks Palace is under threat due to the residential value of the building pushing up the rent for stall owners, it's possible it will soon be turned into flats, I'm shocked and I think it's awful......

I'm guessing quite a few people here have visited afflecks if only for this.....

CRIM0001.jpg

So if you feel inclined, sign the petition, you never know someone might still take notice of public opinion!

The petition is here > http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Afflecks

Argh that's awful, funnily enough my Dad told me about that last night, It's kind of legendary up there, been up and running for ages. Every time I've gone to visit my Dad in Manchester I've been there, If only for the Moz posters up in the poster place. I'll sign it definitely.

Even Affelecks Palace is targetted by property developers...
I have so many good memories hang around there and definitely ask my friends to sign the petitions.

If only for the Moz posters up in the poster place.

:eek:

Funny that, I've been there quite a few times myself also visiting family but I've never found a poster place! I shall have to go back and investigate soon, when I have some money. Every time I go I find a corner I've somehow missed, last time I found the cafe.....mmmmmm bagels.

I went to Afflecks Palace before I was even aware of The Smiths. It'd be an absolute disgrace if they tore this place down. Are profiteers stoppable?

Shame Shame Shame.

Noooooooooo!!!!
I'm from Bradford, we used to go shopping there as teenagers shopping for a treat!THE CAN'T DO THIS!!!

:eek:

Funny that, I've been there quite a few times myself also visiting family but I've never found a poster place! I shall have to go back and investigate soon, when I have some money. Every time I go I find a corner I've somehow missed, last time I found the cafe.....mmmmmm bagels.

Haha yeah the thing is, it was really hard to find, me and my brother came across it the first time we went there, then the second time we couldn't find it anywhere! It's so confusing in there. Yeah the cafe is rather tasty too!

Manchesters Afflecks Palace is under threat due to the residential value of the building pushing up the rent for stall owners, it's possible it will soon be turned into flats, I'm shocked and I think it's awful......

I'm guessing quite a few people here have visited afflecks if only for this.....

CRIM0001.jpg

So if you feel inclined, sign the petition, you never know someone might still take notice of public opinion!

The petition is here > http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Afflecks

That link is not working for me:(....I went there on Saturday with my daughter and her best friend just before we wennt to the MCR concert and i was enthralled by it. I wandered around looking like a kid in a candy store. I bought my daughter a very expensive hoodie and i treated myself to A nightmare before Christmas "Jack" purse, i got a free calender off a stall holder obvioulsy eyeing me up (so says my daughter's best friend:o) and i just love the place, i can't wait to go back there this weekend.

So if you could post the link again, i would love to sign it.

Cheers sweet, i have signed an di willl get more signatures too:)

I heard it has already been saved as it managed to re-new it's lease a couple of week ago...can anybody confirm this?

OH, NO!! :( They can't close Afflecks Palace down!

I mean, I don't go there anymore...but as a teenage poser, I LOVED the place! And I don't think it is fair to deny it to generations of future teenage posers. :mad: I mean, before you can get served, what else are you going to spend your pocket money on but overpriced but ueber-cool tat?

And, of course, there's that lovely mosaic-thing...

NOOOOO!!! I've never even been there!! I was supposed to go with my mate at Christmas but we didn't have time. And I AM a teenager. Waaaah.Don't close!! I've never seen the Moz mosaic!!!

I swear it has already been saved! I thought this was last years old news! (for anyone that has seen the parole officer)

Back
Top Bottom