Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
I think he simply thought the record would be more likely to get air play with Miley's voice on it. He wants people to hear his music and what he has to say. But he needs to let go, clearly, and move on from Miley.
He didn't even 'want' Miley as such because she volunteered?

M had his heart set on Miley. And he won't let it go.

I think Central should stop the problematic posts - both political & personal. It just gets him into trouble & that's 3 record companies he's burned through since Donnie came on the scene - which makes him look like an extremely bad influence.

Also - I think he should remove Bonfire & Notre Dame from his albums, put Veronica aside till her management doesn't mind & shock the print media & the radio by sorting out his reputation.

M had his heart set on Miley. And he won't let it go.

I think Central should stop the problematic posts - both political & personal. It just gets him into trouble & that's 3 record companies he's burned through since Donnie came on the scene - which makes him look like an extremely bad influence.

Also - I think he should remove Bonfire & Notre Dame from his albums, put Veronica aside till her management doesn't mind & shock the print media & the radio by sorting out his reputation.
WHY remove Bonfire? It's a brilliant and heart-felt song. It is not disrespectful to the innocent victims of that terrible bombing. Asking for it to be removed is disrespectful in my opinion. And for what? Just to make money grabbing record hags feel more comfortable in their greed? No thanks.

It is tragic how much Mozi wants to be seen as relevant and down with the kids. The biggest joke of all is that no one cares about Miley Cyrus apart from him. Miley Cyrus hasn't been relevant ... ever. She was a pop muppet who shifted units (man) back in 2013. He should have asked his PETA pal Chrissie.

I highly doubt Morrissey has a fixation with Miley Virus, more of a fixation with the British press and record labels. He sees MC’s inclusion on the album as a point scored against the Guardian and other media outlets who ‘have it in for him’. I remember the days when Moz would recoil and run like an Olympic sprinter to distance himself from mainstream pop-stars who were desperate to use, exploit, or collaborate (e.g, Robbie Williams, Noel Gallagher). It’s a sad reflection of his current lack of position and reputation if he now requires the very people he once avoided like The Great Plague of London. Morrissey has only himself to blame for inviting a mainstream-controlled, lock-jawed pop-star into his world and expecting anything except self-preservation and desertion when the going inevitably gets tough. As usual, Morrissey’s ongoing war the British press continues to poison everything he holds dear.
Yes, Miley was definitely a bad idea! It started to stink when SER (?) began posting pictures of her wearing an M. shirt as if it was the greatest "hall of fame" event to be used as a "cool thing" by this kind of sad industry puppet...

Why would Roger the Dogger share these private emails on social media , what is in it for him?

Should Capital not have a contractual obligation to keep such emails private.

If I leaked such data from my.employer I would be fired.

If I was a famous vocalist I'd contact Moz, tell him to buy back the album/return the money, record the vocal, and self-release and let Moz make major money.
But I'm not. I wonder who would Moz accept as vocalist? The only other big name female singers are Swift, Del Ray, Lupa, and a few other non-pedigree superstars. Hmmm, your man from Coldplay is drop dead useless cringefest. Ffs I see Moz duetting with Harry Styles on Veronica. I dunno why he's so keen on Miley, apart from the sales she'd generate. Ffs back in The Smiths and early Moz days he'd have shunned these media manufactured vanilla vamps.

Why would Roger the Dogger share these private emails on social media , what is in it for him?

Should Capital not have a contractual obligation to keep such emails private.

If I leaked such data from my.employer I would be fired.
He got tired of Morrissey shitting on Capitol. We did too, long ago.

I have no idea how relevant any of this is, but something I found interesting.

On roughly the 22nd of December last year Morrissey's official YouTube page name was changed to Leif Janzen, someone who works in marketing at Capitol. On the 19th of December last year he posted a picture of Instagram that he presumably took at the Morrissey show at the Greek on the 12th of November. Probably doesn't mean much but I was surprised to find that Insta post.
This time line of events is so bizarre

Has he really no one anymore to stop this mess? A true friend taking him to the side and tell him the obvious? That he is running in the totally wrong direction wrecking everything he has left? It is so baffling as a viewer of this drama/comedy that there is no one to step in, pause and rearrange his career and the output of it. . .
Nerak

A dignified silence can, after a while, become counter productive.

There's nothing unprofessional about calling out someone's bullshit with actual evidence.

There's only one person who has gone down in my estimation due to the release of these emails, and it isn't Scott Rodger.
Totally, it was the right thing to call out Morrissey's BS.

Good lord, looks like publicising the plane stunt on MC has backfired spectacularly.
Yah but the 'Mozi' stupid spelling was deliberate so he could say "Wha? That's not Moz, that's some illiterate." And disassociate himself from the whole thing. Clever clever!

morrissey-is-like-these-15yo-girls-that-cover-their-faces-v0-x3n3vx3u4umb1.jpg

How embarrassing and pathetic, making out Capitol have it in for him
A man/artist in his 60's clearly holding out to push an album on the back of using Miley Cyrus as a selling point. He's a very wealthy individual who also needs to realise albums in physical formats don't sell like they did in the 80's and 90's, also record companies don't lay out money like they did back then. Yet he here is still moaning about life being unfair to him, his self importance has hit hideous levels. I think Alain jumping ship so quickly speaks volumes about Morrissey now and what he's become. This saga will have been a factor.

I have no idea how relevant any of this is, but something I found interesting.

On roughly the 22nd of December last year Morrissey's official YouTube page name was changed to Leif Janzen, someone who works in marketing at Capitol. On the 19th of December last year he posted a picture of Instagram that he presumably took at the Morrissey show at the Greek on the 12th of November. Probably doesn't mean much but I was surprised to find that Insta post.
Yes, it was changed exactly on December 22, 2022.
All his YT videos ended up labelled as "Leif Janzen" (Digital Marketing Director - Capitol).
Probably a mistake relating to Rebels being added to YT or similar meddling (conjecture).
The very day after, Central announces:

"Morrissey has voluntarily parted company with Maverick/Quest management.
Morrissey has also voluntarily withdrawn from any association with Capitol Records
."

Guess the timeline needs a good going over and finishing...
Regards,
FWD.

\
I'm surprised Morrissey would hinder the BOT release solely over the Veronica track. He's always proud of each new album, so to prevent BOT from being released due to the issue surrounding Cyrus's vocals on the track seems odd. After all - and it's clear from his statements - that each, or even any, release is important to him.

Perhaps there's been a misunderstanding/lack of communication and Morrissey is under the illusion this fault lies with Capitol when it is in fact him who is to blame. Perhaps he's been completely unaware this whole time.

Ideally he should issue a statement apologising for the error and negativity towards Capitol (if what Scott Rodger states is true) and return the fee given to him. He should then either re-record the backing vocals for Veronica or replace the track on the album with another, and look for another deal. This would be admirable and be seen as a good sign by the industry's big-wigs.

But then again, it is Morrissey...
He's had that option for almost a year now... don't think he's going to do anything smart... but watch for a statement on Central where he claims none of this is true and digs an even deeper hole.

Back
Top Bottom