SER: "A Larks' Tongue In April" - Morrissey interview - Morrissey Central (24 June, 2019)

The Interview. - Morrissey Central
June 24, 2019

A LARKS’ TONGUE IN APRIL.

conversation with Morrissey,

April 2019, by Sam Esty Rayner.

*we apologize for the delay in printing this interview.

Excerpt:

"sam:
You cancelled 6 shows in Italy because of the incident. People are beginning to think your middle name is Cancellation.

M:
I know. But, as far as I can see, many bands cancel and nothing is ever said about it. The song and dance made about my cancellations is usually from people who wouldn’t go to the concert in the first place.

sam:
But you will play the Canada dates?

M:
Yes.

sam:
Is your hand bad? Obviously it’s covered.

M:
The stitches are out now but if I had shaken anyone’s hand last week blood would have spurted. That’s not a nice greeting.

sam:
I don’t think anyone ever believes that you’re ill, or that you fell, or whatever.

M:
I know. Generally colds and flu are passed on to me, and there’s nothing you can do when your voice is your instrument. I go to abnormal lengths to avoid colds."

PastedGraphic-1.jpg

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/234417-the-interview

Covering a lot of recent (and old) topics.
Full transcript reproduced below in parts (due to word limits).
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Clearly Fiona Dodwell has served her purpose and no longer needed. Did Morrissey find her last interview too hostile?

He'll be interviewed by his mother next. She'll maybe ask him why he never brought any girls home.

It may seem silly, but I think that he chose this format over the usual essay in which he explains several things that were long overdue. I wouldn' t be surprised if he actually penned the questions himself too.

Morrissey in 2014: “I nearly voted for UKIP.” He told Loaded Magazine, “I like Nigel Farage a great deal.”

So ... we are expected to assume that Morrissey liked the ex-leader of UKip but not the party or policies that Farage represented in 2014? What then did Morrissey like about Farage? His love of fox hunting?

Morrissey. Consistently beyond stupid.

You think he was brought up with da white privilege then?

I think that accusing someone of racism for mentioning white privilege is in turn a wee bit ... xenophobic. You end up on this hamster wheel, you see, once you get into all of this. I don’t think whites understand white privilege. But then I don’t really think the word ‘privilege’ is particularly helpful because using it makes it so easy to get people’s backs up. The word implies class and they’re really not the same thing.

Really? I thought it was quite spot-on...
He was an Irish boy growing up working class in England! White privilege, my bum. I believe he said he even had slurs hurled at him sometimes for being Irish. The White privilege comments from the Guardian ignore his background.
In contrast, I happen to be a middle-class black immigrant who grew up in Los Angeles. I've never been discriminated against and so many places have affirmative action policies that I'm almost a kid in a candy store.
Do you really believe that there's intrinsic privilege in being white?
I don't think there is, necessarily.

I believe that if non-white people want to feel there’s intrinsic privilege in being white, as a white guy I’m not really gonna argue it. Everyone’s experience are different. And I know only growing up around a majority of other white people with similar life experiences. But as I mentioned in another reply, I don’t think the phrasing is particular conducive - instantly makes people like Moz think ‘well that can’t be me, I was brought up on a council estate and my parents didn’t have two ha’pnies to rub together’
Moz’s claim that people who accused him of having white privilege are themselves racist is a bit naive

Seriously have you done the math on this, Morrissey? Nigel Farage f***ING HATES MEXICANS. Omg. He is over here meeting with Trump slapping his back on Mexican border atrocities. If I was your MEXICAN band I’d be so goddamed embarrassed.

You mean the illegal immigrants attempting to break into America unlawfully?

I dunno. At least he talks to his audience now and again. Pixies are woeful for not even saying hello or goodbye. I like Robert Smith. I think my top 5 fav bands of all time are: The Smiths/Moz, The Cure, Joy Division, New Order, Suede.
I quite enjoy any Bob Smith interviews and he doesn't come across as a badly informed twat like Moz does sometimes.

Indeed.

I think that accusing someone of racism for mentioning white privilege is in turn a wee bit ... xenophobic. You end up on this hamster wheel, you see, once you get into all of this. I don’t think whites understand white privilege. But then I don’t really think the word ‘privilege’ is particularly helpful because using it makes it so easy to get people’s backs up. The word implies class and they’re really not the same thing.

White "privilege" doesn't exist..........class-ism does. Always has, always will. It's all about the money baby.

Seems like there's yet another attempt to paper over the cracks of racist-gate. Too late.
I see a cowardice Jimmy Fallon following his contractual obligations, money talks remember, he or his TV channel have decided that it isn't in their money making interests to be associated with an artist who is deemed Racist, irrelevant if he is or isn't.

Seems strange that it took months for an interview to come out that was basically all done by Camp Morrissey. In any case, glad to hear that the next album is a departure from LIHS... I wish they would have discussed that topic a little more. Also, the reason why they have to wait to release it. Must be the record company's call or something like that. It's not often that we hear Morrissey express regrets about his actions, so nice that he said what he did about Robert Smith.

Like an interview with me Urbanus tbh but he's far too emotionally invested in the meat issue to ever talk about it in a sensible way and he is the one making people sick from not getting the things they need.

Surely he knows that most countries now have meat quality like we never had before and if you buy the best you get the best.

Nice dig at Macron and lefties and he even mentions Bradford (oh dear). Fantastic as always but the holocaust of our time (veganism) seems to carry on.

But why do we have to lose our eyesight when reading that awful website that creates these lines that remain for minutes after you've looked at the screen?

Good call out on Bowie and nice gesture toward Robert Smith. Great that he is not an idiot lighting candles as thank you for having people killed.

Another home run for Moz though Big Pharma kills people with drugs and not through meat. I wonder how many vitamin and mineral bottles is found in his various homes?

giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2Sq2Ri3w1rmrOTHq/giphy.gif

White "privilege" doesn't exist..........class-ism does. Always has, always will. It's all about the money baby.

I am not white, I grew up in a middle-class neighborhood. However, none of my white friends got told "GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!" They didn't have to worry about that, that is the privilege of their skin color.

I am not white, I grew up in a middle-class neighborhood. However, none of my white friends got told "GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!" They didn't have to worry about that, that is the privilege of their skin color.

Because whites never experience racism...? :rolleyes:

He's brilliant but on the meat issue he lives in the 80's still cause it has moved on a lot since then. I'd like to invite him to Sweden who have the best meat and farms in the world by far.

Big Pharma used to make loads of cash from filling animals with antibiotics but that was before organic meat was introduced and he has confused things a bit cause the thing that kills people is the salt they use in certain meats like bacon and fine cut meats.

Finland have grey meat and sausages with none of the cancer causing salt in it. People die from pancreas cancer that is still called stomach cancer but the stomach is full of organs and things so the term stomach cancer is irrelevant but since breast cancer stole the attention people keep eating bacon and dying from pancreas cancer.

He could do more to promote awareness on it and urge people to take vitamins and minerals. I just read an article where cancer patients refused traditional health care and cured themselves with vitamins and minerals and it worked.

The need to empower the body with what it needs is something more people should study not that Big Pharma would want you to.

Come to Sweden Moz and have organic meat and pet the pigs.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom