Singing along at concerts

pandora_cocteau

How do you feel about people who sing along at Morrissey concerts? Personally, I try not to, because...I'm not there to sing, I'm there to hear him sing. I hate it when a loud (and usually, often if not always, out of tune) perosn is standing right next to me howling in my ear. I mean, I understand the necessity...but still. What do you think? How does Morrissey feel about it?

Just a thought...

yep, not in my ear hole please.

Morrissey properly likes it.

I dont like people when their next to you singing at the top of their voices so you cant hear the big man sing but then again the atomoshphere when everyone is singing to irish blood is amazing

I love to hear everyone singing so long as they're not shouting over the Man himself and/or in my ears :)

I dont like people when their next to you singing at the top of their voices so you cant hear the big man sing but then again the atomoshphere when everyone is singing to irish blood is amazing

regarding your sig - I adore that song, one of his finest moments, no question IMO

regarding your sig - I adore that song, one of his finest moments, no question IMO

Trouble Loves Me is the most amazing beautifull song he EVER came out with

I remember (just about!) when I went to see The Sweet And Tender Hooligans play a University gig and we were all kind of sniggering at Jose Maldonado's silly Moz impression.

However by about half way in (and the build up of After Shock's in my blood stream) the whole crowd was singing at the top of their voices and a great night was had by all.

Communal bonding via the singing of Smiths songs doesn't seem to me bad at all, particularily when the shackles of sobriety have been loosened by the tactical intake of alcohol.

I remember (just about!) when I went to see The Sweet And Tender Hooligans play a University gig and we were all kind of sniggering at Jose Maldonado's silly Moz impression.

However by about half way in (and the build up of After Shock's in my blood stream) the whole crowd was singing at the top of their voices and a great night was had by all.

Communal bonding via the singing of Smiths songs doesn't seem to me bad at all, particularily when the shackles of sobriety have been loosened by the tactical intake of alcohol.

Sing over a tribute band but not the actually man himself.

While I appreciate the feeling of bonding that people get from singing along, it really annoyed me at the Dallas show. I was front row center and could barely hear Morrissey singing over the idiots all around me. I'm sure I looked like an idiot mouthing the words, but I didn't want to add to the cacophony and ruin the experience of actually TRYING to hear Morrissey sing. Additionally, while stuck in the shirt melee (I did get the collar), I completely missed "National Front Disco" and "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy" because I was just trying to survive.

While I appreciate the feeling of bonding that people get from singing along, it really annoyed me at the Dallas show. I was front row center and could barely hear Morrissey singing over the idiots all around me. I'm sure I looked like an idiot mouthing the words, but I didn't want to add to the cacophony and ruin the experience of actually TRYING to hear Morrissey sing. Additionally, while stuck in the shirt melee (I did get the collar), I completely missed "National Front Disco" and "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy" because I was just trying to survive.

Similar thing happened to me at the GMEX gig in December, loads of blokes were trying to climb over during National Front- got totally crushed and I missed one of my favourite songs !

I was at the 22nd gmex gig, i can barely remember the first 6 or 7 songs, i was nearly crushed to death by some mad skinheads!! the mozpit was too extreme for me, i ended up moving further back so i could actually hear the great man singing!

I sing along at concerts. I try not to sing too loudly but I'm sure I did during the Queen Is Dead and Panic as well as a few others. Most people probably get annoyed with me because I get too crazy at shows, dancing and stuff.

I don't tend to sing along myself (I usually just mouth the words) but it doesn't really bother me when others do as long as it's not too loud.

I try not to sing too loud, but I can't help it... I have to sing. :p The first time I saw him I had sworn a vow of silence b/c I didn't want to annoy people. But my vow lasted through exactly 2 words: panic and on. ;) I've sung every word of every song since.

And I think he likes it... I think he likes any kind of enthusiasm/audience participation (the kind that keeps them on the floor and not on the stage with him). In fact I think it bugs him if nobody is singing. All that said, I hope I've never stood next to anybody and bothered them with my tuneless singing. I've asked before, and no one has ever claimed to have heard me. It wouldn't bother me at ALL if someone asked me to sing more quietly, so if someone next to you is bothering you, ask them to lower their voice!

I personally LOVE it when the crowd sings all together as someone mentioned how AMAZING it is to hear everyone singing IB,EH. It's incredible and sends chills down my spine. I can't help BUT sing, like Claudia....but try not to be obnoxious and usually the people around me aren't. After all, people payed to go and see the GREATEST MAN OF ALL TIME sing, NOT me!!! :D

How do you feel about people who sing along at Morrissey concerts? Personally, I try not to, because...I'm not there to sing, I'm there to hear him sing. I hate it when a loud (and usually, often if not always, out of tune) perosn is standing right next to me howling in my ear. I mean, I understand the necessity...but still. What do you think? How does Morrissey feel about it?

Just a thought...

i only mouth the words and i do so perfectly
however, i would like to kill people who not only sing along
but also either get the words wrong or utter them too early
or both! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

a crowd of 5,000 singing the "woooah ha ha ha" echo in "last of the famous international playboys" was fun.

i usually sing along without really thinking about it, it just happens, i cant help it. but i know i'm not loud or that others can hear me so i don't think much about it. however, during those certain songs that everyone is singing along to, i may get a little carried away, but im very polite :)
i dont mix well with obnoxious people...

i usually sing along without really thinking about it, it just happens, i cant help it. but i know i'm not loud or that others can hear me so i don't think much about it. however, during those certain songs that everyone is singing along to, i may get a little carried away, but im very polite :)
i dont mix well with obnoxious people...
i've been called obnoxious :(

I sort of mouth the words, not singing out loud. Its sort of something I can't help, I also do it when I dance.

Back
Top Bottom