So much for "The year 2000 won't change anyone here"....

M

Mimi

....because it has changed me, thankyouverymuch. It's made me bitter and desillusioned, I've spent most of the time being sad, angry, lonely and scared out of my skin of life. And I don't recall being happy for any longer than half an hour at once. May I draw a summary of what this year has brought me:

1. I lost my grandmother, almost lost my sister and had to watch my Dad suffer terrible pains

2. I carried on with a life-long tradition of falling in love with someone who wasn't available for whatever reason and got my heart broken once more

3. I went bankrupt with a business and finished off with two good friends over it

4. I was betrayed for altogether 10.000 DM by people who were supposed to help my career

5. My parents got seperated

6. It was the first time I ever had to deal with money trouble and struggling to exist, with noone there to help

7. It was just another year of not going anywhere in life

But congrats Mimi (cheers, applause!!) , you've made it through. Good luck for December cos it's not over just yet!!

Whatever the year 2001 brings, one thing's for sure it can only be better than sucky 2000!

Anyone's got something similar to report?? Because funnily enough I don't know anyone who was blessed with luck in particular this year, I was wondering whether it was a collective vibe or in the stars or something......

> Anyone's got something similar to report?? Because funnily
> enough I don't know anyone who was blessed with luck in
> particular this year, I was wondering whether it was a
> collective vibe or in the stars or something......

I'm sorry to hear that all these things happened to you. I don't think i know anyone who had the greatest year either. It sure hasn't been too great for me. Alot of things have happened but still I must go on and deal with them (even though most of the time I'd rather not) ;-/ For some reason I think 2001 will be Alot better. Or maybe im just hoping?

(My quote of the week)
" You do not need to be loved, Not at the cost of yourself.
.. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime , you are the only one you will never leave or lose" Jo coudert

Guess you will know eight (or so) hours before I do if 2001 sucks.

Mimi you have gone through more than I ever had. Life can be as painful as trying to fit into a new pair of Bananna Republic shoes.

...seriously, I am sorry. However I am envious that you have endured something I can't even fathom.

Can I interest you in my two friends? I kinda outgrew them (or did they dump me? I forgets).

Yes, it was a hard year. Another publisher said no to me. I didn't seel my paintings, "cause they say my paintings are too dark", my dogfriend died. She was 18 years old. My girlfriend kicked my ass (I can not blame her). My father is ill, my brother went away, and my mother is sad with that. Nothing really happened this year, but I still want to believe the next can be better. If you lose your faith... What more will rest for you?

Yes, it was a hard year. Another publisher said no to me. I didn't seel my paintings, "cause they say my paintings are too dark", my dogfriend died. She was 18 years old. My girlfriend kicked my ass (I can not blame her). My father is ill, my brother went away, and my mother is sad with that. Nothing really happened this year, but I still want to believe the next can be better. If you lose your faith... What more will rest for you? ...

> I'm sorry to hear that all these things happened to you. I don't
> think i know anyone who had the greatest year either. It sure
> hasn't been too great for me. Alot of things have happened but
> still I must go on and deal with them (even though most of the
> time I'd rather not) ;-/ For some reason I think 2001 will be
> Alot better. Or maybe im just hoping?

Oh I certainly hope so too.... well if I didn't I might aswell shoot myself because I don't think I could bear another year of catastrophes. As I said, we'll see - or speak, next year, same time, same place!!?

> (My quote of the week)
> " You do not need to be loved, Not at the cost of yourself.
> .. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime , you are the
> only one you will never leave or lose" Jo coudert

That's probably true but I can't make my mind up whether this is a comforting thought or just complete resignation....

Re: I'll let you know....

> Mimi you have gone through more than I ever had. Life can be as
> painful as trying to fit into a new pair of Bananna Republic
> shoes.

If you say so..?!

> ...seriously, I am sorry. However I am envious that you have
> endured something I can't even fathom.

Actually I think so too. As the old saying goes: "Things that don't kill me can only make me stronger..." - or something..... I guess it's part of life and if it all went smoothly I'd probably died of boredom by now.

> Can I interest you in my two friends? I kinda outgrew them (or
> did they dump me? I forgets).

Who are those friends?? Bill and Ted?? I didn't get that.....

Okay, I have a few hours to figure out whether 2001 will suck or not, and if it does, I'll give you a ring so you can jump off a bridge on time..... I'll do so simultaniously and at least that'll get us on the news for once in our lives :)

> Yes, it was a hard year. Another publisher said no to me. I
> didn't seel my paintings, "cause they say my paintings are
> too dark", my dogfriend died. She was 18 years old. My
> girlfriend kicked my ass (I can not blame her). My father is
> ill, my brother went away, and my mother is sad with that.
> Nothing really happened this year, but I still want to believe
> the next can be better. If you lose your faith... What more will
> rest for you? ...

In all honesty life isn't that bad..... I find comfort in the strangest things written in books or in music. At the end of the day you have to look at life in a greater context and that suddenly makes you and your little life with your little problems seem very little indeed. Maybe we take ourselves all to serious sometimes.

> ....because it has changed me, thankyouverymuch. It's made me
> bitter and desillusioned, I've spent most of the time being sad,
> angry, lonely and scared out of my skin of life. And I don't
> recall being happy for any longer than half an hour at once. May
> I draw a summary of what this year has brought me:

> 1. I lost my grandmother, almost lost my sister and had to watch
> my Dad suffer terrible pains

> 2. I carried on with a life-long tradition of falling in love
> with someone who wasn't available for whatever reason and got my
> heart broken once more

> 3. I went bankrupt with a business and finished off with two
> good friends over it

> 4. I was betrayed for altogether 10.000 DM by people who were
> supposed to help my career

> 5. My parents got seperated

> 6. It was the first time I ever had to deal with money trouble
> and struggling to exist, with noone there to help

> 7. It was just another year of not going anywhere in life

> But congrats Mimi (cheers, applause!!) , you've made it through.
> Good luck for December cos it's not over just yet!!

> Whatever the year 2001 brings, one thing's for sure it can only
> be better than sucky 2000!

> Anyone's got something similar to report?? Because funnily
> enough I don't know anyone who was blessed with luck in
> particular this year, I was wondering whether it was a
> collective vibe or in the stars or something......

Mimi,

What the hell? Last time I checked here you were dreaming of England and going back to school. Jesus Christ, are you in your early 20's? Cause if you are, i think your on road to a cleaner light in 2001

You promised!

Best,
hnia

> Mimi,

> What the hell? Last time I checked here you were dreaming of
> England and going back to school.

Oh yeah I was, it was necessary to make plans to pull myself out of the black hole I'd been sitting in for months... now my plans are all kind of blurred, but I'm okay, chilling you know.... and anticipating whatever is round the corner for me.

And as for England, at least I'm going there for a holiday soon.... drink on New Years anyone???? I'll be either in Manchester or in London, I don't know yet....tempt me.

Jesus Christ, are you in your
> early 20's? Cause if you are, i think your on road to a cleaner
> light in 2001

Says who? Nostradamus? Well my passport says I'm in my mid 20's already, but mentally or emotionally I'll be stuck in my teens forever I'm afraid......

> You promised!

I'm promised?? To whom??? Aaah okay, thank you, at least I have someone to blame now if it doesn't happen. Harhar.....

> Best,
> hnia

Best back to you!

Re:dignity...

> In all honesty life isn't that bad..... I find comfort in the
> strangest things written in books or in music. At the end of the
> day you have to look at life in a greater context and that
> suddenly makes you and your little life with your little
> problems seem very little indeed. Maybe we take ourselves all to
> serious sometimes.

When I think about those people who are really suffering all around this world, I feel guilty. I feel guilty because I have a good family and friends, and I should not claim. I didn't sell my paintings, but I will not stop painting, cause I love it, and this is my life. We all have troubles, because this is not a perfect world. But we all have a special power to work it out.

Back
Top Bottom