Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Not completely unexpected but Paul McLoone's playing Ganglord on Todayfm radio now. He also likes the accompanying video. :)

My lecturer's mobile phone rang during my painting lecture today, and his ringtone was 'What Difference Does It Make'. :)

My lecturer's mobile phone rang during my painting lecture today, and his ringtone was 'What Difference Does It Make'. :)

:D did you embarress yourself by squealing with delight? (i prob would have!)

Had to go through a metal detector and have my things xrayed on the way into a court house today. The xray machine was made by these people.
securedownload.jpg

Had to go through a metal detector and have my things xrayed on the way into a court house today.

This company makes xrays, as well as a bunch of medical supply stuff. Nothing like getting an IV started with bits of torn up packets labeled "Smiths" all around you.

Once, I was going in for surgery, and the lady at the information desk was named Elizabeth Dwyer. Then the woman in the next cube getting checked in for her surgery was named Jacqueline Morrissey. I kept waiting for Steven himself to show up in the form of an orderly to wheel me into the theatre. Didn't happen.

This company makes xrays, as well as a bunch of medical supply stuff. Nothing like getting an IV started with bits of torn up packets labeled "Smiths" all around you.

Once, I was going in for surgery, and the lady at the information desk was named Elizabeth Dwyer. Then the woman in the next cube getting checked in for her surgery was named Jacqueline Morrissey. I kept waiting for Steven himself to show up in the form of an orderly to wheel me into the theatre. Didn't happen.

Freaky if suitably surreal and perhaps reassuring too?! :D

I was impressed, on flicking through the selection of CDs available, to notice Years of Refusal and You Are The Quarry in my local library. Artists like Herb Alpert and The Righteous Brothers also caught my eye. :guitar:

Freaky if suitably surreal and perhaps reassuring too?! :D

I was impressed, on flicking through the selection of CDs available, to notice Years of Refusal and You Are The Quarry in my local library. Artists like Herb Alpert and The Righteous Brothers also caught my eye. :guitar:

In the stairwell down to the lower-level parking garage at the Amoeba records in West Hollywood, the walls are plastered with old cheesy record sleeves. I think there are some Herb Alperts among them, which I liked to think is what drew M's attention to them. However, there is also a Slim Goodbody sleeve in there, so if he shows up onstage next Halloween in a bodysuit with his organs printed on it, then we'll be reasonably sure he's been spending some time in the stairwell. ;)

There is a also a great, veg-friendly burrito joint on St Elmo's Avenue in Chattanooga, TN in which the bathrooms are papered with Herb Alpert record sleeves, but I never imagined he'd been there. Who knows?

Now THAT is spooky, and cool. :cool:

In the stairwell down to the lower-level parking garage at the Amoeba records in West Hollywood, the walls are plastered with old cheesy record sleeves. I think there are some Herb Alperts among them, which I liked to think is what drew M's attention to them. However, there is also a Slim Goodbody sleeve in there, so if he shows up onstage next Halloween in a bodysuit with his organs printed on it, then we'll be reasonably sure he's been spending some time in the stairwell. ;)

There is a also a great, veg-friendly burrito joint on St Elmo's Avenue in Chattanooga, TN in which the bathrooms are papered with Herb Alpert record sleeves, but I never imagined he'd been there. Who knows?

I think that the music of Herb Alpert had mainstream popularity in the '50s and '60s in the UK. Morrissey's parents would presumably have been listening to the mellow grooves. Places like those you mentioned could well jog someone's memory and re-ignite an interest. :)

On a different note, some basic comic scribbles with Morrissey references are here -
http://inthequiff.blogspot.com/2010/04/title-panels-for-morrissey-comic.html :straightface:

This week Jarvis is away, Richard Hawley and Candida Doyle are hosting Javis' Sunday Service on BBC 6 Music.

Richard played a tune from Prokofiev's 'Romeo and Juliet' then Candida said that The Smiths played Prokofiev before their live. :)

Bought a CD today called..... The girls are at it again: Uk Beat Girls 1964-1969

Its a cd with 20 rare hits from the forgotten girl singers of that time period, excellent collection of songs

In the booklets notes the writer mentions that Morrissey included So little time by Diana dors in his Under the influence cd (which appears on this collection as well)

We've recently gotten into of Montreal at my house, and they have a song called "Everyday Feels Like Sunday." Supposedly there's no connection to Morrissey's song, the mood is definitely lighter, but I still like it. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom