The Birdie Song Vs. How Soon Is Now?

Still Tired

as it were...
I just happened to flick to radio two late last night and caught ‘How Soon Is Now?’ which amazed me to start with, the first time I’ve ever actually caught a Smiths/ Moz song by chance on the radio, and I did wonder for a short time if they were just doing a thing about eighties bands or something! But nope, was the Mark Radcliffe show apparently with someone called Tom Robinson standing in for him, and he had Brett Anderson on as a guest. So Anderson chose HSIN? to play and said that it’s a ‘well-known fact’ that if you slow the Birdie Song down you get HSIN! Mmm… so as the track was fading out the presenter was singing the Birdie Song over it and said if a listener manages to mash the two together and send it in he’ll play a clip tonight. Dear God… I await with bated breath….

(Just checked the website though and apparently this guy played ‘London’ on Monday too so he can’t be all bad ;) )

*cough*
Tom Robinson is well-known singer/songwriter, now also doing radio show as well. :rolleyes:

*cough*
Tom Robinson is well-known singer/songwriter, now also doing radio show as well. :rolleyes:

Didn't know that! I don't listen to the radio much :o

Funnily enough though, I heard an advert for Mr. Robinson's Tuesday show on BBC 6 radio at 7pm and his guest is going to be Tony Visconti. Should be worth a listen, he apparently describes his 'recent studio colleague Morrissey as "a joy"', like that should be so surprising?!

Back
Top Bottom