The Footy Thread

who could've possibly expected the beating that barca took today. I was shocked.

I was absolutely sure that Bayern would win with at least 2 goals and maybe 3 so the 4th was a bonus. The writing was on the wall for Barca who were more or less outplayed by a very unlucky PSG in the quarter final. For me Bayern have been favourites all season to win CL and now you cannot see any other side able to handle them. Real Madrid may be a good side but they have a nervous streak about them and always seem to be their own worst enemy. I would not mind seeing Ronaldo win it but Bayern seem to be the greatest club in the world now and may well be for years to come.

10 match ban for Luis Suarez. Well deserved.

If he stays, that's 6 games he'll miss at the beginning of next year. A crushing blow since next year, of course, is their year. hahahaha!!! But seriously, he's played his last game for Liverpool surely? If any club comes with a semi-decent offer, I can't see how Liverpool turn it down.

I was absolutely sure that Bayern would win with at least 2 goals and maybe 3 so the 4th was a bonus. The writing was on the wall for Barca who were more or less outplayed by a very unlucky PSG in the quarter final. For me Bayern have been favourites all season to win CL and now you cannot see any other side able to handle them. Real Madrid may be a good side but they have a nervous streak about them and always seem to be their own worst enemy. I would not mind seeing Ronaldo win it but Bayern seem to be the greatest club in the world now and may well be for years to come.

Bayern will be absolutely frightening next year. They've got a stalwart back five. Their midfield has run circles around just about every top team in Europe in the past year. And they're getting Gotze. And Pep to manage them. I agree with your latter statement. Bayern has assumed the mantle of best club team in the world.

Bayern will be absolutely frightening next year. They've got a stalwart back five. Their midfield has run circles around just about every top team in Europe in the past year. And they're getting Gotze. And Pep to manage them. I agree with your latter statement. Bayern has assumed the mantle of best club team in the world.

We can forget about Lewandowski now but on the other hand he's just a copy of RVP. 3 great nights with United winning title and germans destroying the spaniards. Cannot get much better than this.

Oh, and Champions League. Anyone but Barca and Madrid. Please!!

:D

We can forget about Lewandowski now but on the other hand he's just a copy of RVP. 3 great nights with United winning title and germans destroying the spaniards. Cannot get much better than this.

Lewandowski's a goal machine, but yes, where we Utd put him? I'd prefer RVP with Kagawa right behind him. I've always maintained as much.

But yes, what a glorious week it's been. City flailing, Utd winning the title, Suarez witha 10 game ban, and both Spanish clubs needing miracles to move on. I must've been a right saint in my past life.

Unless it's already done.

Holy hell. Anyone watch the Hull v Cardiff match? Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Sure did and I watched all the other games as well on the last day of the Championship. Great excitement and so glad to see Hull back who set the Premier League alight the last time out. Cardiff and Hull will add more to the Premier League than Reading and QPR ever did.

Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Manchester United manager, press conference tomorrow

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson will quit Manchester United, announcing the retirement at 10:00 am UK time on Wednesday. Rumours that Everton manager David Moyes would take over flourished until massive betting on Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho slashed the odds big time.

It was The Telegraph journalist Mark Ogden that broke the news that United players and staff had been informed on Tuesday during a club golf tournament that they better prepare for some big news on Wednesday. Here is a link to the article written by Ogden and as I type this world media is going bonkers over the news and for followers of Newsnow articles related to Manchester United it has been an intense few hours with a record number of news articles related to the news that Sir Alex Ferguson steps down.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-United-manager-before-end-of-the-week.html

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Manchester United manager, press conference tomorrow

How desperate to do this a few days before the Cup Final, can't stomach City getting a bit of press and united's season is over.... :thumb:

Fair paly to old bacon face, no one can fault his record, respect and all that.... but he's getting out as he knows there's a new order in town now and his time is up.

I just hope Roy Keane gets the job ha ha ha ha.

Jukebox Jury

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Manchester United manager, press conference tomorrow

How desperate to do this a few days before the Cup Final, can't stomach City getting a bit of press and united's season is over.... :thumb:

Fair paly to old bacon face, no one can fault his record, respect and all that.... but he's getting out as he knows there's a new order in town now and his time is up.

Jukebox Jury

Depends on who takes over at United. I think the club wants to do better in Europe and the experience is there which is more than you can say for City. At the moment I wonder what would happen should Mourinho take over at United and Chelsea get a big name as well as new manager. May well be the end for City or at least bad timing for them. They bottled the chance to defend the PL title that they still haven't won convincingly on points alone.

I wonder if Mancini will be given more time as it looks increasingly likely that City will panic like Chelsea and go for yet another manager. On top of that you have all the unhappy players at City but at least you have confidence JJ.

United lift the league trophy day after City lift the consolation prize.

LOL

It's about time. David Moyes will be a good choice, till Ole has more experience.

Well it had to happen one day.
Without doubt one of the best managers ever.
He built team after team of winners.
The only people celebrating are the ones who wish he'd been their manager.

Oh you do make me smile JJ.
Do you really think Utd are that desperate for press coverage.
Utd get more coverage because they are Manchester United.
They are the bench mark for all clubs in Britain.
Even if Utd never won another thing they would still get more coverage than most.
I'm not saying it's right,just a fact of life.
I really think JJ you should start supporting you own club more and stop talking about UTD so much.
It might make you a happier person.

First Maggie's dead, then Fergie retires. There's a Scouser somewhere with a magic lamp and one wish left.

Here's hoping that, like when Sir Matt Busby moved upstairs, Manchester United achieved absolutely sweet FA (apart from some FA Cups and a relegation!))

It will be good to hopefully see the Premiership be a bit more competitive and watch a suite of successors fail to emulate Fergie (as if anyone could)

Jukebox Jury

What about Mark Hughes? :)

First Maggie's dead, then Fergie retires. There's a Scouser somewhere with a magic lamp and one wish left.

Here's hoping that, like when Sir Matt Busby moved upstairs, Manchester United achieved absolutely sweet FA (apart from some FA Cups and a relegation!))

It will be good to hopefully see the Premiership be a bit more competitive and watch a suite of successors fail to emulate Fergie (as if anyone could)

Not as good as seeing Cardiff getting relegated next season and humiliated by the pride of Wales in Swansea. I reckon Swansea will murder Cardiff in both games.

Not as good as seeing Cardiff getting relegated next season and humiliated by the pride of Wales in Swansea. I reckon Swansea will murder Cardiff in both games.

We've managed to humiliate ourselves with the new red kit and badge (and owner). Are you sure Swansea will be able to raise their game next season recovering from their Europa League exploits in some far-flung caravan park in Azerbaijan? Mind you, the Jacks will probably feel right at home there.

It's about time. David Moyes will be a good choice, till Ole has more experience.

Er, but Gollam has signed a six year contract.......

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom