The Footy Thread

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Manchester United manager, press conference tomorrow

Er, but Gollam has signed a six year contract.......

Jukebox Jury

You spell it "Gollum" and I have seen you on video and will get back to you on who you look like but it is not anyone good looking. If you are looking for good looking men then Britain is not the place as all men there look like Dracula. The examples are too many to mention and worth its own discussion thread on here.

David Moyes = DM (Depeche Mode)

Better start using the DM logo with the mirrored D. I think the world knows it is in for something very special with this setup at United. The quite lifeless displays in recent years and especially this season will be a thing of the past now. How we have missed an active manager on the sidelines and I am so excited ahead of next season.

It is easy to see through the comments here which people are football fans first and fans of their club second. I believe the true fans are fans of football in general through their love for the game. The haters and bitters just support their own club and would still love it if all the other clubs went away. I will never be like that. Football is the greatest game and it is the beautiful game and proper football fans are united no matter who they support. I have been lucky to see that and experience that and that warms my heart.

97 minutes and 50 seconds in, this is what it's all about people.

Last edited by a moderator:

97 minutes and 50 seconds in, this is what it's all about people.

Yes over the years these things happen which make the game a joy to watch.
Maybe a thread to show a few of them.
Liverpool champions league come back.
Utd's champions league come back.
Utd's come backs time and time again.
Last year the title win.
Utd cup win 1977
Arsenal cup win 1979.
There are lots and lots and not just the top teams
You go from joy to sadness back to joy in less that a couple of mins.
Football has everything you need from life.
No wonder it surpass religion to so many.

Yes over the years these things happen which make the game a joy to watch.
Maybe a thread to show a few of them.
Liverpool champions league come back.
Utd's champions league come back.
Utd's come backs time and time again.
Last year the title win.
Utd cup win 1977
Arsenal cup win 1979.
There are lots and lots and not just the top teams
You go from joy to sadness back to joy in less that a couple of mins.
Football has everything you need from life.
No wonder it surpass religion to so many.

Yes!

Every team has them, mine are things like this -

It still seems mental that we went from finishing in the bottom half of the second division to winning the league to winning the European Cup and retaining it all within four years and sure we're back where we were before it all began but nobody can take away the good times.

but nobody can take away the good times.
That's right you remember them for the rest of your life.
They rank right up there with memory's that never ever leave you.
I never give away my own allegiance because I'm not a big fan of silly baiting of other fans.
A bit of a joke yes but not the sometimes bitter and twisted hate that goes with some of it.
When people get that blind allegiance they miss so much great football.
Example:Cristiano Ronaldo.
What a fantastic talent.
From a young boy at 17 at Utd to very top of the game.
Yet hated in Britain by so many fans.
Why??
Yes there were parts of his game that disappointed(sometimes diving)
But overall just pure entertainment and such a brave and strong player.
I just love watching him play.
I watch most of his games because it's such a wonderful joy to see a player at the top of his game.
Will we see him back in Britain?
I doubt it.
Why should he??

That's right you remember them for the rest of your life.
They rank right up there with memory's that never ever leave you.
I never give away my own allegiance because I'm not a big fan of silly baiting of other fans.
A bit of a joke yes but not the sometimes bitter and twisted hate that goes with some of it.
When people get that blind allegiance they miss so much great football.
Example:Cristiano Ronaldo.
What a fantastic talent.
From a young boy at 17 at Utd to very top of the game.
Yet hated in Britain by so many fans.
Why??
Yes there were parts of his game that disappointed(sometimes diving)
But overall just pure entertainment and such a brave and strong player.
I just love watching him play.
I watch most of his games because it's such a wonderful joy to see a player at the top of his game.
Will we see him back in Britain?
I doubt it.
Why should he??

You're right of course and it is a shame. I used to hate all manner of teams and players just because they were good and I'm not sure if it's because my team's been rubbish for years or I've just mellowed with age but I can enjoy watching any football these days although I struggle with Match Of The Day. I still don't care much for Rooney (money, money, money), Marlon King (nonce), Lineker (twat), Hansen (cliched) but at least to my mind it's now rational.

w3ZT1th.jpg

Less than 3 hours away.

They drew both games in league 1-1. Dortmund's underdog status reduced even further with the unavailability of Goetze, but in a one off on neutral grounds, obviously anything can happen as Chelsea certainly will attest. Could Bayern Munich possibly lose a third final in a span of just four years? Devastating prospects, but I'm siding with the underdogs on this one.

What a crackin’ game that was yesterday. Doff the cap to Arjen Robben for his assist and goal after having lost a World Cup final and two champions league finals in just the past three years. Way to bounce back. A childhood dream to score the winning CL goal in the waning moments so good on him. He’s still a diving c*** though.

So...AS Monaco FC. What the bloody hell? They already signed Moutinho and James Rodriguez a few days ago for 70 million euros. Today, it’s being reported that they’ve also signed Falcao (sorry Chelsea and City) for 60 million euros. With a sugar daddy of their own in Paris St. Germain, we’ve certainly got ourselves an arms race in Ligue Un. Oh, and Monaco averaged 5,000 in attendance last season. Financial fair play anyone? And does this mean PSG will make a bolder move for Rooney? What does this mean for Ligue Un?

And Barcelona will sign Neymar tomorrow. How he will play with Messi will very be interesting.

Exciting transfer window so far...and it hasn’t even officially opened yet.

Without doubt one of the best finals for years.
A really good game.
Wasn't sure about the pen but I thought the ref had a good game anyway.

The final was indeed one of the better ones. I also thought the ref had a good game, although you can discuss several issues (Ribery's elbow, penality (possible 2nd yellow for Dante, Lewandowski's challenge on Boateng, Hummels being the last man holding Mueller). But in the end of the day it was a fair and good match.

Bayern looked shacky in the first 30 minutes. But they pretty much controlled the match after that. After failing to score in the first third you could guess Dortmund will lose this in the end.

Again I love the fact that Robben had the final reply in the match given his record on finals and also after wasting several clear chances early in the match.

I also think the ref did well overall, but I've wavered about that non-2nd Well yellow on Dante. On the one hand, you want to see the teams go toe to toe, 11on 11, not unlike the way Howard Webb gave Nigel De Jong only a yellow even though he planted his studs into Xabi Alonso's thorax in the last WC final. On the other hand, the letter of the law says that it was worth at least a yellow and thusly totaling a red. It's time like these when I'd wish there would be a middle ground such as a 10 minute sin bin for example.

In any event, Crystal Palace vs. Watford on right now for the last spot in the premiership!

I think that it was in the area means he surely didn't mean to do it and although his foot was up it was up with the force of a gnat so the penalty on its own was enough for me. Great game, I wanted Dortmund to win but they didn't do enough and looked on their arses for both goals.

In other news, any truth in the Billy Sharp saying he's off to Accrington Stanley or is he just taking the piss?

Anyone heard if Mourinho has been sacked from Chelsea yet?

[video]http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2013/jan/07/greek-children-goal-video[/video]

A goal you probably won't see scored in England

Confed Cup final. Brazil vs. Spain.

Crackin' game thus far. Brazil are well up for it. But goddamn, this incessant moaning and crowding of the ref is nauseating. One of the many reasons why I prefer the premier league.

HT 2-0 to Brazil.

Helluva smashin' goal, that one by Neymar. Interesting to see how he'll play with Messi. And Iniesta and Xavi for that matter.

But mon dieu! What a pitch full of c***s.

Back
Top Bottom