The new football thread

Great tribute to Ray Wilkins on MUTV and apparently the hardman image he had as a footballer was the exact opposite in private where he always cared for other people and how their family was. Bryan Robson talking about how they both had trials for the England youth side and of course ended up playing for England at the highest level.

Ha ha ha ha ha you bitter rag twat....... 18 points behind City and knocked out of the Carocrap cup by Bristol f***ing City...... and out of the Champions League by the 5th best team in Spain....... oh we feel your pain...... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you would love to win the PL and the League Cup........
If City work REALLY hard and get more investments they MIGHT beat Wigan one day.

Well well well.
Once again Jose Mourinho does it again.
City should have been out of sight but the usual suspects messed it up.
Yes Sterling hang your head.
I said to my wife at half time.
"There is no way city will win this game after missing so many good chances."
I've seen it so many times over the years.
Thinking they had it won.
After the poor Merseyside derby(not one player booked???)
A game played with with some passion.
The lack of discipline shown by City near the end was shameful to say the least.
Once again writing Man Utd off in any game is dangerous.

We live in the past, we live in the past, just like the scousers we live in the past.

How do I even begin to describe the best Manchester derby ever seen?

United were dead and buried 10 times over after that first half and even at the beginning of the second half. We were so out of it I did not feel a thing and everything was going according to my predictions.

Then all of a sudden the United players discover there is a round ball on the pitch and that you can actually pass it around a bit even if no dog is present to chase after it and bark like mad. Wahey lads, look at this round shaped object see how it moves quite well between us if we actually pass it about.

The first United goal and the way Herrera chested it down for Pogba was just poetry in motion. I was thinking to myself that there is no way Pogba will score being that close to the keeper but he did. So we have scored a goal at least and will not leave this City title party goalless but no doubt will City score more playing the way they are.

Before you know it Sanchez discovers some class from his Arsenal days and crosses to Pogba, moved forward second half by Mourinho, and he hangs there in the air for ages before heading it home like he's never done anything else his whole career.

Now the nerves set in cause surely we are gonna fook up this great comeback coming from nowhere when the culprit behind both City goals, Smalling, compensates for his mistakes by scoring what would be the winner. Even more nerves now cause the way City wasted loads of chances through Sterling who can run like hell but is the worst goalscorer ever along with Walcott but both would beat Bolt at speed on their day and surely City will score with enough time left on the clock to grab the winner.

They never do that and how on earth Young did not give away at least two penalties I will never know and City all came down with Atkinsons syndrome on the night. The other Atkinson, Big Ron, was in the MUTV studio.

Pilla did fooking crosswords during the game but noticed seond half through my reactions that is was indeed a classic and she ended up on the edge of her seat cheering as loudly as me at the final whistle. I died a couple of times during the end in what is a win and a game I will never ever forget.

At last a top game living up to the standards we've been used to and it was obvious Pogba was upset by a rumour that seem to have no substance and I will gladly apologise for believing in it and we saw a new side of Guardiola who very sportman like seemed to apologise to Pogba after the game who went to the fans and made them realise in no uncertain terms it had only been BS of the highest or should I say lowest order.

No one bothered with the 3 points at stake and so that was just a massive bonus on a day when Liverpool lost 2 points like teams involved in Europe always tend to do and Mourinho said at the press conference after the game United now need 6 points to be sure of 4th spot but of course avoiding that and getting second or third means you don't have to play two qualifiers early on in the season.

That geezer from Oxford, Jim Rosenthal, hosted the MUTV studio and he ended the broadcast by saying "it is a red letter day in Manchester and blue moon you started singing to soon".

Sky Sports ended their broadcast playing this:

This is a song dedicated to Phill Gatenby:

City fans late on when City hit the inside of the post:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SphericalHealthyInexpectatumpleco-mobile.mp4

We live in the past, we live in the past, just like the scousers we live in the past.
And what a great past to live in full of trophies meaning United are the most successful club in England domestically and have more CL titles than anyone else. Those that believe United are the new Liverpool have somehow forgot about the many titles United won since Liverpool won their last one ages ago.

When Liverpool lost to Seville in the Europa League Final just a year before United won it that showed the great divide between the clubs when it comes to the ability to win things.

Make no mistake about it, we've not been anywhere near our best in recent years but still the trophies kept on coming and taking into account the many fans who will never see a trophy it is disrespectful to say the least to claim United have won nothing when they've won loads.

Every United fan will enjoy a title unlike City fans who are so far behind they only win things in anger and of course they always look back in anger despite claiming not to.

Big Ron Atkinson was very emotional in the MUTV studio when they were talking about Ray Wilkins. He mentioned a game against Dukla Prague (a side you heard a lot about in my youth) when apparently United were a goal down having not lost in Europe ever at home when United got a penalty and Wilkins who was not a penalty taker snatched the ball from the regular taker and smashed it in.

Tried to find a video of that but only found a 2-2 draw away in Prague between the sides.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/manchester-united-v-dukla-praha-14-september-1983-219589/

Blue moon, you started singing too soon.
(f*** off Gatenby)

Reckon Totnum Hotspurs have a new American kickball team coach. Top ACE inn nn n it.

Your knowledge of and interest in the english game is impressive and don't be too shy to admit that you follow it all on NBC.

Blue moon, you started singing too soon.
(f*** off Gatenby)

Don’t even give that attention seeking bellend the attention.
Just remember the video of him with his fugly, both in the same room chatting to each other on posts on here.
Fly to America. Get to her house and straight on to the computer.
He epitomises the Bertie Magoo character.

There was this United fan online who at half time yesterday could not put it in words how grateful he was that he turned down the chance to get a ticket for the derby.

I wonder how he is feeling now missing out on being present at the greatest Manchester derby ever.

What a chance Phill Gatenby blew by not coming here and showing some fighting spirit and showing us all what a genuine fan he is but I guess not.

sport-preview-manchester-city-fans.jpg

Glad the far east people abandoned United for City cause they cannot sing or drink and if we need more cameras we go to a shop to buy one.

Win-win!

White Power!

That's not football and you'd reckon proper fans of american football would love to call it that and be able to create an american football thread but no!

The only time americans are embarrassed over being american is when people mention their old national sport which is no longer number 1.

Don’t even give that attention seeking bellend the attention.
Just remember the video of him with his fugly, both in the same room chatting to each other on posts on here.
Fly to America. Get to her house and straight on to the computer.
He epitomises the Bertie Magoo character.
Where can I find that?

LOL

Was she really very ugly?

Those Citeh fans crying and looking all gloom, this is the thing with them. They are (barring some epic collapse beyond the scale of United in 92) going to win the league, with a huge points tally and through playing decent stuff. But, those thick, idiot fans, will see this season as an abject failure simply because they lost on Saturday and chucked a 2 goal lead away.......against UNITED. Their season will always be remembered for that.
Don't ever let the 30k in the 3rd division fool you, look at their top flight attendances before the mid 90's fall down. They're a joke of a club, and with fans like the grubby one, they will never change.
WE LIVE IN THE PAST XXXX

Really enjoyed The Paddy Crerand Show on MUTV that just ended. All the stories from fans across England and the world and how they reacted to that comeback against City.

It opened with a classical music piece often heard at funerals to the pictures of crying City fans in the stands after the game.

One man dragged his dog out for a 2 mile walk only to return home seeing that United had won the game. Even the old local lady Edna called in after missing a few shows and she said City fans are nothing but bullies and sore losers after she ran into some yesterday at the pub.

The point has been made before on here or in another thread that despite City being 13 points clear their fans are in tears and moaning and what this season showed us is that for City fans it is never about what they do but about what United do. They really are paranoid and obsessed with us on a level that means they will never enjoy winning things like fans of other clubs do.

Over the years Phill Gatenby for one never ever showed up after defeat like I have been doing in the old chatroom and on this forum when United got well and truly beaten. It's like him and his fellow City fans are only into football as a way to mock other people instead of supporting their own side and enjoying it in when they win something.

City as a club and especially their fans have lost the little respect they had in world football and fans of other clubs just find them embarrassing now. Never have I seen fans so spoilt rotten not with trophies and wins but with money and a sense that what they are doing and have been doing can get any kind of respect out there.

I've never had anything against City and met some really nice fans over the years during my travels and even one that sent me the match programme from the derby. They were real fans who took heavy defeats and ridicule and enjoyed it when they won things not by mocking other fans first cause a bit of banter is ok after you've celebrated a win and let it sunk in.

Celebrate in style and then you can provide some banter which has always been a great ingredient of the english game. I don't know why so many City fans are still not able to be proud over what they've achieved so far but maybe it is because they know they bought their success to a large extent and therefor any success is not seen as truly theirs.

They should be able to produce more talent of their own like United did and especially now cause a great side like that should be able to fit in one or two young players. The day City achieve that then they are truly worthy of some kind of praise but sadly not now.

Urban, Gatenby is irrelevant. Disliked by his fellow City fans and same with most Moz fans. Jumped on the bandwagon for the Albert Hall gigs in 2002 and has repeatedly pestered all and sundry to get his face on the TV/Voice on the wireless. His opinion is his own, and no one is arsed. But that said, City are welcome to him, they go hand in hand and do not represent Manchester. Heaven help him if a judge ever banned him from the internet, what would he do then?
Citeh - LOL LOL LOL.
Always in Uniteds Shadow.

I reckon me don't understand why foreigners say the USA isn't good in socker. USA has won the World Kickball Cup Championship 3 times which is more than countries like brittin and Argentininia. USA has beaten and tied brittin in the World Kickball Cup Championship history and I was told by Jack Osbourne that brittin invented kickball.

Back
Top Bottom