Top 10 most depressing songs. How Soon is Now #1?

I can't believe no Pink Floyd songs made that list. Surely Roger Waters has one of the most bleak outlooks on life of any rock songwriter. I love the music, and the lyrics are excellent no question, but over the course of a double album like "The Wall" in particular, one can feel drained of all hope.

I never feel that way after listening to Morrissey and/or The Smiths - quite the opposite.

i think mojo or some other uk music mag did also make a list of the most saddest songs of all time years ago and "that joke" was on it "i agree on that one

Quite amazed it's at the top - it's not even in the top 10 most depressing Smiths songs (and I find "That Joke ..." even less depressing, but that's another story ;) ).

If you haven't heard it try "Everybody Hurts by REM. If this doesn't make you mope than nothing will.

You all say all thos songs just because you haven't heard "Shadow of a Lonely Man" by Alan Parsons Project... You might end up jumping from a bridge....

And by the way, everytime I hear it I can't help thinking of Morrissey singing it.

I forgot a big big one!!! Friday Mourning!!! My God! I'd shoot myself everytime I specially listen to the part of:" You are a loser, you are a loser" I imagine myself on the floor surrounded by all those "teachers and parents and bosses who all shared that point of view", pointing with their fingers at me on the floor... What can be more terrible than that.

HSIN? Not depressing to me. I was thinking REM, Everybody Hurts, Damien Rice "Blower's Daughter" *uugghh* or Roy Orbison "Crying". And I've always liked ('sadly') "I can't make you love me" by Bonnie Raitt. I think 'I Know It's Over' or 'Reel Around The Fountain' is depressing... but Moz depressing me & making me feel worse makes me feel even better :rolleyes:

i agree with celibate about asleep. i don't find hsin depressing at all actually.

the elliott smith one is just creepy frankly. it was released after his death and his gf inserted a vocal track of her saying 'because i love you' after he sings 'give me one good reason not to do it'. still gives me the shivers :(.

I don't care what anyone says, "Goodbye My Lover" is one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard.

And "Heroes" by David Bowie makes me teary sometimes.

Suffer The Children by Tears For Fears
(Actually anything from "The Hurting")

I'm Still Remembering by The Cranberries

Back
Top Bottom