What do you think of the new version of This Charming Man?

What do you think of Morrissey's new live version of This Charming Man?

• Total voters
really really good!!! it's not as good as the original of course, but i nearly cried when i heard it!!

i would like that he would do the screams or noises again n.n he didn't at jonathan ross
but i hope he will on the tour, if he keeps the song on the list

I love it, the vocals sound great and I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to get crushed against the barrier during that song. :p I wish the intro was a little bit closer to the original though. Having said that, I can't get enough of the new take on 'A jumped-up pantry boy...' bit, I prefer that bit to the original, dare I say it. :lbf:

Ditto. :thumb: The pantry-boy passage sounded more than pleasingly refreshing in my ears. Somewhat lethargic yet elegant, it sounds as though Morrissey lapses smoothly into reverie which, in my mind can't get ANY more cool. :cool:

Last edited:
I appear to be in the minority but i thought it was SO bad when i heard it!

Hello, first post.

Have to agree with the above. Its not that it was not done in the style of "Back in the day", just felt that this beefed up version does not suit the song one bit.

Mozzer's voice sounded excellent, although I do have my doubts over the new(ish) line up in the band.

Maybe as they perform this song more, it will be more tight - although I think the sound they delivered on J Ross is the sound they are looking for.

Not a very positive first post is it?

Do be kind.

:)

First post!

The first time I heard it live on the Radio 2 show, I thought it was terrible, but after re-listening to it several times, both from the R2 and JR show, I think its amazing!! Give it a chance, soon you'll sing and dance beligerently and uncontrollably to, er, it..... can't wait to hear this live, in Omagh, Belfast and Liverpool.

Viva Moz!

invasive maul

Back
Top Bottom