When you first became a fan.....

I don't really know. I was a child. I had always been around The Smiths... as for Morrissey... all I remember was having Suedehead. All of his other songs were in random cassettes. I seriously don't know.

Is it wrong to mention The Smiths automatically?

The Queen is Dead had just been released when I first heard the Smiths. I was a fan from the first notes of "How Soon is Now?" which I am pretty sure was the first Smiths song I ever heard.

--jeniphir

I became a Smiths fan in a big way somewhere between You Are the Quarry and Ringleader of the Tormentors. When Ringleader came out, I was at college, in Roanoke, Virginia. I didn't have a car, but there was a shuttle that would go back and forth between my college campus, the local mall, and downtown Roanoke every Saturday. So, that Saturday, I got on the bus, took it to the mall, and walked some distance to the local Best Buy, and picked up the album.

It was fall 2007, so ROTT came out the year before. At the time I was just getting into the Smiths, and didn't even know If I was going to listen to Morrissey solo.

Thousands of miles apart, on the blighted continent of North America, unbeknownst to each other, Pregnant For The Last Time and I were probably weeping in the back of our high school English classes at the same time: "Strangeways" came out just as I was joining the gang-- which at the time, thanks to Tim Broad, appeared to be a pack of morose bicyclists.

We were further apart than that. I lived in Germany at the time. I bought my copy of "Strangeways" on cassette in the music department in the basement level of a Kaufhof department store, I think the one at Lorenzkirche Ubahn stop in Nurnberg, Germany.

I always sat in the front row in English, it was my favorite class. And my name starts with an A.

I became a fan back in 1995.... A good friend of mine that was a hardcore cholo handed me a awesome cd called "Southpaw Grammer" After the first listen I was hook and bought the rest of Morrissey's albums and The Smiths as well.... :rolleyes:

i was in 8th grade and borrowed some cds from my older cousin. hateful of hollow, the world wont listen, and a bootleg where among those cds. became more of a typical fan* around 10th grade.

starting my collection, getting multiple shirts, etc...

Back
Top Bottom