Who's watching the Eurovision?

I'm not talking about the UK, I'm talking about Ireland!!
After all, we produced Val Doonican, Foster and Allen, Daniel O'Donnell...

U2, the undertones, van morrison, the pogues

eurovision has officially nothing to do with music anymore. serbia was ok, she could really sing, but oh my, bulgaria??? i'm scared. and what was the irish woman doing with a microphone? i love irish music but that was horrible.

Ark rocked, despite ola's hideous outfit. Europe obviously doesn't understand their awesomeness! i still love you ark... :)

The political nature of most of the voting made a mockery of any "musical" value.
Still, it's always a laugh listening to Sir Tel's commentary on the BBC.
Sadly, there is a rumour that this may be his last hurrah in Eurovision :(
And yes, Flickan, the irish entry was horrendous!!

eurovision has officially nothing to do with music anymore. serbia was ok, she could really sing, but oh my, bulgaria??? i'm scared. and what was the irish woman doing with a microphone? i love irish music but that was horrible.

Ark rocked, despite ola's hideous outfit. Europe obviously doesn't understand their awesomeness! i still love you ark... :)

if it was still 1972 may be europe would of understood the "awesome" Ark:rolleyes:

haha, well ok... a bit retro maybe.. but at least they're skillful musicians who do their own thing. and on key, too! :eek:

The Ark song is the only one i had listen to tonight as i heard it on the computer.
i haven't even heard the UK entree....was it really bad.

well the manics were great but what an awesome thread...it was just like being there!

So the UK Were second to last???? f***ing hell don't tell southpaw glamour!! ;)

Ans Serbia won I take it?

i thought the french were funny when i was drunk, i got quite a crowd to come in and watch..
Who won?

LOL, damn i missed that?? :p

i didn't hear any of it, i came home when they were doing the voting, came on here....that is the only one i sort of heard, she just wailing away in her language (my brother pointed out that it was a women:confused: ).
i always googled for the Ark as someone mentioned them (it was flick) and that was stuck in a time warp.:p

sounds interesting, Sweden were pretty entertaining, cross dressing man with bunchies, the usual :p

sounds interesting, Sweden were pretty entertaining, cross dressing man with bunchies, the usual :p

Well, next year i hope they get some traffic wardens instead of air stewards to represent england.

The serbian entree, she looked like truman capote in a black wig.

well that get's my vote, who's got the number? When will the final results be in?

Maybe Moz should offer to represent one of the former eastern block countries (have they moved?) in next years euro song contest, at least he'll get in to the charts eh?

love

Grim

well that get's my vote, who's got the number? When will the final results be in?

Maybe Moz should offer to represent one of the former eastern block countries (have they moved?) in next years euro song contest, at least he'll get in to the charts eh?

love

Grim

i think the votings over truman won, i wonder if she/he will back to their normal hair colour.

may be morrissey can represent serbia next year in a blond wig and then look like morrissey, trying to look like truman, in a blond wig....or just get Philip Seymour Hoffman!

i think the votings over truman won, i wonder if she/he will back to their normal hair colour.

may be morrissey can represent serbia next year in a blond wig and then look like morrissey, trying to look like truman, in a blond wig....or just get Philip Seymour Hoffman!

I doubt Moz would tie his shirt in a knot at the front like Truman did. I just can't see that ever happening eh? The wig thing might work though, c'mon you people going to the gigs, get a letter to the fellah himself with these ideas, please?

love

Grim
P.s. damn I'm always missing out because my battery wasn't charged, I could still try it if I had the number eh?

I doubt Moz would tie his shirt in a knot at the front like Truman did. I just can't see that ever happening eh? The wig thing might work though, c'mon you people going to the gigs, get a letter to the fellah himself with these ideas, please?

love

Grim
P.s. damn I'm always missing out because my battery wasn't charged, I could still try it if I had the number eh?

Only in good company, he just might!

i don't think we could trust our American cousins on this one Grim!

i didn't know you could vote!

Only in good company, he just might!

i don't think we could trust our American cousins on this one Grim!

i didn't know you could vote!

just because I'm an exile, doesn't mean I've lost the right to vote, or did you actually mean the art of dialling?

I was excuminacted it was a gross act, I repent! I beg take me back (to where I belong)!

love

Grim
P.s. free to good busom, housetrained etc.

Besides Serbia, my favorites were Sweden, Hungary and Georgia and I applaud Germany and France for trying something different (I actually enjoyed France's entry more then I'm willing to confess).

I was hoping for an intense run between Serbia, Germany and Sweden but once I saw Serbia is up against Ukraine (Mrs. Doubtfire on LSD) and Russia (put the cherry on my cake?) I had no doubt Serbia needs to win :D I'm usually not so supportive of Serbia (being a native Serbian) but I thought her song was ok, her singing was superb and her low-key performance refreshing (in comparison to all the dancers, feathers, dead animals etc. we had to endure)

Don't care if people like the song or not, de gustibus non est disputandum, but making comments about her looks, sexual orientation or Serbia being a third-world country are so last decade. I was just reading BBC messageboard and was shocked to see so much narow-mindness and xenophobia going about. I've been dreaming of a time when, to be English ... ?

In any case, worst entries of the night were, IMO, Turkey (what if EBU decided to ban lyrics containing "shake it" in the ESC? Would we entirely lose entries from Greece, Cyprus and Turkey?), Spain and, sorry to say, Ireland. I just couldn't figure out what was that all about. At some point I really thought she fell into some sort of evangelistic trance (and was a bit scared for her!).

All in all, there were a few decent entries this year, certainly worth my time. See you in Belgrade in 2008!

Back
Top Bottom