Why do English people. Like Florida so much?

There are lots of people in Florida. Just like in Wales lots of coal miners and John Cales. They are smart.

MMM - I think I understand

warm

vs

cold

that is the bottom line

at least in England you have the best muscians on the planet

in Fla there are bugs...ew

MMM - I think I understand

warm

vs

cold

that is the bottom line

at least in England you have the best muscians on the planet

in Fla there are bugs...ew

What EVAR! :D

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UDAaevTq51I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UDAaevTq51I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I'd welcome a holiday in Oxford, lightly dusted with snow as it is.
What a shame you never said earlier.
You could have stayed at my place.Wife and I are off to Goa for three months on Sunday.
But you'd have to keep the daughter company she's staying here as well.

I love children!

Goa looks pretty, but that's such a long way away. Couldn't you just go to Cornwall? They have lovely beaches.

I love children!

Goa looks pretty, but that's such a long way away. Couldn't you just go to Cornwall? They have lovely beaches.
Cornwall in December??
Trust me India is better.
As is all of South East Asia this time of year.:thumb:

Re: Cornwall

I love children!

Two weeks ago Cornwall was hit by sever flood which caused too much damage in the area.
Now this terrible snow, really sorry for the people who have to clean their houses.

You can't have a nice holiday in there for a while.

This is why:

UK captured by Satellite today

Picture-6-3.jpg

Florida

florida.jpg

Tourists at English Seaside Town (where I live):

_42466989_blackpool3_pa_416.jpg

Tourists at a Florida Seaside Town (where I sadly do not live):

florida-overview.jpg

fin.

Two weeks ago Cornwall was hit by sever flood which caused too much damage in the area.
Now this terrible snow, really sorry for the people who have to clean their houses.

You can't have a nice holiday in there for a while.

Terrible! That's like the third time in recent years that Cornwall has been hit by floods, isn't it. I feel bad for the people. I'd still visit though, to help save the Cornish Rattler cider factory for the good of all mankind.

TheReader, Florida *is* blessed with natural beauty and (except for the 6 months of hurricane season) lovely weather. But there is also a lot of traffic, crime, general thuggery and ignorance. Like someone once said about Paris, "it would be a nice place if it weren't for the people."

Terrible! That's like the third time in recent years that Cornwall has been hit by floods, isn't it. I feel bad for the people. I'd still visit though, to help save the Cornish Rattler cider factory for the good of all mankind.

TheReader, Florida *is* blessed with natural beauty and (except for the 6 months of hurricane season) lovely weather. But there is also a lot of traffic, crime, general thuggery and ignorance. Like someone once said about Paris, "it would be a nice place if it weren't for the people."

I take your point, but unfortunately we have all that in The Pool too. We must be near the top of the league in that...

I like to think "I Predict a Riot' by the Kaiser Chiefs was written about Blackpool. I'm sure the lead singer used to visit in his youth.

The line 'I tried to get in a taxi, man in a tracksuit attacked me' is very evocative of my forays into the Town Centre when me and my friends were teenagers and used to pretend we liked going out :D

At least we don't have hurricanes (very often).

You can visit Pennsylvania where I live

Last year we had 3 feet of snow within 5 days. How much does England get again?

Back
Top Bottom