Why is "Let The Right One Slip In" on the extra-badges "Bona Drag" reissue?

What release? It's just a reissue with some extra tracks that Morrissey probably already knows we already probably have! I guess that's why some of us are moaning....

Nahh, I'm getting carried away...sorry! I just hate reissues, they mean nothing!

Excellent, can't wait.

The important thing is that we get these unreleased mixes and song in the best quality, because at the end if the day it's the tracks themselves that make us Morrissey fans.

Clearly it doesn't belong. Lyrically, musically, production-wise, it doesn't fit.

I Know Very Well How I Got My Name and Striptease With A Difference would have made actual sense and both been really welcome inclusions.

Although I am one of those who welcomes the Bona Drag reissue, I don't like the way the extra tracks are just plonked at the end after Disappointed. Very unsatisfactory. A track-listing makeover in the style of Maladjusted and Southpaw would have worked much better in this case.

Although I am one of those who welcomes the Bona Drag reissue, I don't like the way the extra tracks are just plonked at the end after Disappointed. Very unsatisfactory. A track-listing makeover in the style of Maladjusted and Southpaw would have worked much better in this case.

From TTY...

Bona Drag tracklisting (running order subject to change):

1. Piccadilly Palare
2. Interesting Drug
3. November Spawned A Monster
4. Will Never Marry
5. Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
6. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
7. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
8. Hairdresser On Fire
9. Everyday Is Like Sunday
10. He Knows I'd Love To See Him
11. Yes, I Am Blind
12. Lucky Lisp
13. Suedehead
14. Disappointed
15. Happy Lovers At Last United (Previously unreleased)
16. Lifeguard On Duty (Previously unreleased)
17. Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness (Previously unreleased)
18. Oh Phoney (Previously unreleased)
19. The Bed Took Fire (Previously unreleased)
20. Let The Right One Slip In (Alternate long mix, previously unreleased)

What release? It's just a reissue with some extra tracks that Morrissey probably already knows we already probably have! I guess that's why some of us are moaning....

Extra tracks we already have in crappy quality.

I'm glad these are being released officially.

I don't blame Morrissey for relasing let the right one again, the song is superb and also notice that it's not on any of his studio albums....

Also Fantastic bird is on the southpaw re issue, and that was a your arsenal era recording.

Dumb f***

I kind of like Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness but some of those others are not worthy of being included on Bona Drag, in my opinion. We already discussed each song so I won't drag this out, but they were left off for a reason. They aren't bad... but they are not up to standard. I'm sure Morrissey could write a new "previously unreleased" track every day if he wanted to.

What I'm saying is, extra songs are great. Maybe he should make an extra album of them. But I used to listen to a cassette of Bona Drag on my walkman and I thought it was a pretty good record. I did think he had balls to include some of the same songs that were on his last cassette (haha) but I wasn't paying attention to whatever led to that decision, and I did not consider it a compilation. It was Morrissey's new cassette and it was really great, and the repeated songs were good songs anyway. Viva Hate was better than most of The Smiths records, and Bona Drag nearly kept up the standard, and certainly was not a disappointment. But if, after hearing Disappointed, a clever and wonderful song, I'd have had to listen to some of that stuff he's allowed to be tacked on, I think I'd have wondered where his career was headed next. Plus it would have made the cassette drag when the tape stretched.

Bona Drag stands, in my opinion, as a legitimate release with some of my favorite songs by Morrissey or anyone, and it doesn't benefit, in my opinion, from having some of those extra tracks. Include it as a second disc, or... something. But don't mess around with releases that were important to people. Spend that energy writing and recording another collection of songs, or just go lay on the beach or something. Something. But this going in and chopping up and reformatting and tacking on tracks is not good.

I kind of like Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness but some of those others are not worthy of being included on Bona Drag, in my opinion. We already discussed each song so I won't drag this out, but they were left off for a reason. They aren't bad... but they are not up to standard. I'm sure Morrissey could write a new "previously unreleased" track every day if he wanted to.

What I'm saying is, extra songs are great. Maybe he should make an extra album of them. But I used to listen to a cassette of Bona Drag on my walkman and I thought it was a pretty good record. I did think he had balls to include some of the same songs that were on his last cassette (haha) but I wasn't paying attention to whatever led to that decision, and I did not consider it a compilation. It was Morrissey's new cassette and it was really great, and the repeated songs were good songs anyway. Viva Hate was better than most of The Smiths records, and Bona Drag nearly kept up the standard, and certainly was not a disappointment. But if, after hearing Disappointed, a clever and wonderful song, I'd have had to listen to some of that stuff he's allowed to be tacked on, I think I'd have wondered where his career was headed next. Plus it would have made the cassette drag when the tape stretched.

Bona Drag stands, in my opinion, as a legitimate release with some of my favorite songs by Morrissey or anyone, and it doesn't benefit, in my opinion, from having some of those extra tracks. Include it as a second disc, or... something. But don't mess around with releases that were important to people. Spend that energy writing and recording another collection of songs, or just go lay on the beach or something. Something. But this going in and chopping up and reformatting and tacking on tracks is not good.

Maybe a clue about the title? :p Nah, I think it's about a dragon and the alpha beta who slay's him. :thumb:

V&I needs some work.Sacrilege I know,but Billy Budd sounds like its coming from next door,I always have to whack it up!

I agree. Someone should do a fancy bells & whistles remix of Billy Budd throwing in everything including the kitchen sink & then release it as a single.

Is it just me who thinks that Morrissey should just re-issue everything he's ever made with all the unreleased songs in one go & have done with it.

Clearly it's all going to get re-issued at some point, why drag it out?

i'm guessing he may have written the song during the bona era but didn't record till your arsenal for the tomorrow b-side.

Back
Top Bottom