You are not in control!

S

Suffer

Sure, you can talk about a music media revolution all that you want but the fact remains: Brittney Spears makes money! N Sync sells!
As much as it sucks ass, that and the majority market are in control. That is the way it's been for years and years. Clothes, music, movies, what have you. You deliver something with majority appeal and it becomes a majority. Don't think your company can revolutionize an industry that has crushed similar in the past! Turn off the television, or wait til what you think is cool appears as a majority. It's just the way it is. So go ahead and stomp a revolution, more than likely it would be a fad if you do not maintain mainstream.

You are certainly right. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't at least fight to re-instate a 'fad' that has more beneficial, enlightening and just plain exciting elements.

My problem is strictly with the duration for which the Prefabs have ruled the national consciousness. I admit that this is strictly a matter of taste (i.e. what I think is cool) - but I truly believe that this type of long term artistic and creative stagnation is harmful to the soul of the masses.

Regarding your basic message that one should just 'deal with it' and not push for change is a sad commentary on the way many people deal with life. We do not have to be helpless drowning victims throwing ourselves at the mercy of the tides of the ocean.

Look - The 50s bubble gum gave way to 60s activist music - 70s disco gave way to early 80 punk and alternative - But the garbage we've had now has been going on for a LOOOOONG time and shows NO signs of letting up. It won't change until a change is caused.

baproducers

Back
Top Bottom