​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

30 July 2014

​B​radley Steyn

I cannot admit to actually "knowing" Bradley Steyn. Yes, I am aware that he is South African and that he lives in Los Angeles, and that he has "walked off" three Morrissey tours - which really is his own business, not mine. My personal involvement with him has been zero, and he has certainly never been Head Of Security on any Morrissey tour.
I am aware of the false story he has placed on various news sites wherein he claims I asked him to "hurt" (kill?) David Tseng. Although Steyn's story lends itself to its own ridicule, I feel I must say to those who have not yet worked it out, that the story is a vexatious lie.
It is common knowledge that I dislike the SoLow site, and I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng, and that David Tseng will give maximum and inexhaustive publicity to anything said in the negative about me. This is a general truth that most people accept about SoLow. It is nothing new, and I have long since learned to accept it.
The very idea that I would ask a complete stranger (Bradley Steyn) to physically attack David Tseng surely cannot register with any sane person as being likely. As mildly irritating as David Tseng may be, he is not someone who troubles me enough to even bother with.
The shabby truth of this drama is that Bradley Steyn has been trying to extract money from what he terms "the Morrissey tour", and he has failed. He is now desperate, and this story is his latest escapade to gain someone's attention. What he is telling the world is that, as a music venue security officer, anyone who works with him in the future should expect the same harassment and persecution as he is now - mysteriously - wielding my way. It is beyond belief, and it is shocking that someone who makes claims of professionalism would lower himself to this level.
Please note that Bradley Steyn's statement is now in the hands of the Los Angeles Police Department, and is subject to both criminal and civil action.

MORRISSEY
​30 July 2014.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Given all the negativity from the Moz camp about SoLow, one wonders where Jesse & Boz got wind of the Kristeen/Visconti rantings and how they viewed the deleted Facebook messages that could only be found on SoLow forums? Sometimes the devil you know can be useful.

I don't think "offensive postings" are an issue, but defamatory postings probably are because they are actionable if they damage the fine reputation of my hero. I think Moz was saying Tseng is the principal, whereas others working for the site are his agents. I appreciate this site for permitting me to express my thoughts relating to my hero Moz (as well as "off topic" thoughts in designated areas, as well.) However, I do know that some postings do get censored. I myself don't post any untrue statements about anyone, but I have noticed if I say something about a particular Moz fan it may get censored (I presume they are one of the agents.)

Anyway, I never heard of Bradley Steyn before today. Moz mentioned he is from South Africa. I know there's a dude on this site who calls himself Roger Racer (user #697) from Cape Town, South Africa. Not the same person I presume. Anyway, Moz, you did the right thing reporting him to the po-po!

NotLiterallyButMetaphorically

Well, the writings found on the site are liable to be "controlled" by DT. He could edit or delete offensive postings if he wanted to; I'm not saying he should or should not, simply that ultimate control of the website rests with him.

It is a well-known fact that Tseng was indeed targeted by Moz's handlers/bully-boys for removal from his concerts so the track record does not support Moz. But the accusation that Moz wanted to have him roughed up or even killed sounds pretty ludicrous. If Steyn has any sort of proof (emails, witnesses) then maybe he has a case. But if it's his word vs Moz, then I'm sure this will go nowhere fast.

Isn't the allegation that Morrissey wanted DavidT roughed up, and the manager was looking into having him 'offed'?

BTW, I don't think there's been a more bizarre day in Morrissey World.

Last edited:
Just to add some fuel to the fire regarding Morrissey, his treatment of others, and his music.

I went to see The Fixx the other night--and whether one is a fan of them or not--the points lie in the showmanship and attitude of the band toward its fans.

1. There were maybe 120 fans at this show--surprised they did not cancel. Despite the poor turnout, they had such incredible energy and plays 21 songs.

2. Their tour is called "By Request" and they had envelopes on stage from different fans--they would open an envelope--read the name of the fan--then play the songs. They had some obscure old songs for sure--some played for the first time in 25 years!

3. Cy Curnin was born in 1957--he was into the gig--bantering with fans and showing enthusiasm and interest.

4. A class act--$22.00 for the show--the band members were friendly and interacted with the fans--even saw them at the bar up the street.

Morrissey does not care about his fans, employees, or anyone else--despite what people think.

Morrissey is retarded...and I don't believe him for one second. All opinions are written or controlled by David? I guess that explains why a majority of people thought the last album was actually good...must have been just another way to humiliate you.

This is why I thought the album was shitty. I am controlled by David T.

I'm lost in those bloody quotes.ithought Keane or Keene or whatever he is calling himself is calling for Moz solo to be shutdown. I don't want it shutdown. Sorry Uncleskinny, didn't mean to insult you earlier.

It's keene, mr. acton.....shut it down. It's not doing any good. Why would someone that says he is a fan of Morrissey run a site where braindead trolls are allowed to defecate all over the place and stink up any decent conversation about Morrissey.

The whole thing has become disgusting and pathetic. Of course this doesn't apply to everyone here....but what's the point, when you don't even know who you are talking to and everyone hides behind fake and anonymous names?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to post here as anotherordinaryboy, I cancelled my account years ago. The reason for this was the bitching and the negativity that sometimes happens, I just realised I didn't have time for it. I still visit for news but very rarely read comments. Today is obviously an exception.

I do find it off that on a morrissey fan site, there are so many people with such intensely negative opinions of him. And while I would expect there to be blind morrissey supporters on a fan site, and there are, it's odd that there are so many blind admin supporters as we'll.

I don't know David, or how strongly he and his team moderate this site. What I do know is that every main page story is posted under his username, it therefore stands to reason that he, and he alone, chooses which stories are featured on the main page,

There have been many stories, some relatively uncertified, that have cast the man this site is designed to praise in a very negative light. Why is it a surprise then that Morrissey dislikes the site. While I don't think people should be ignorant to the negatives of their idols, I don't come to a fan site for all that shit. I come here to read about the music and e thoughts of others on the performer as an artist. That gets lost here sometimes.

Peter 'the hitman' Hogg would have done the job, no questions asked, and not gone squealing to his lawyer.
You just can't get decent quality henchmen in this day and age. It makes me sick. :(

Somewhere on a cassette I have, (and I'm sure I'm not the only one), a recording of Moz being interviewed by Janice Long where she refers to this site and he says something along the lines of "It's a great site". And he used to refer to the website address on his promotional posters etc. I don't know exactly where it all went wrong between David T and Morrissey but I wish they could make up somehow. I like this site. I've been looking at it since 1995 I think (was it really that long ago?) . I'd like to thank David and his pals for keeping it going and making it work so well. Morrissey (tho' I'm pretty sure you won't read this): I love your new album. I loved it so much I bought two copies.

Somewhere on a cassette I have, (and I'm sure I'm not the only one), a recording of Moz being interviewed by Janice Long where she refers to this site and he says something along the lines of "It's a great site". And he used to refer to the website address on his promotional posters etc. I don't know exactly where it all went wrong between David T and Morrissey but I wish they could make up somehow. I like this site. I've been looking at it since 1995 I think (was it really that long ago?) . I'd like to thank David and his pals for keeping it going and making it work so well. Morrissey (tho' I'm pretty sure you won't read this): I love your new album. I loved it so much I bought two copies.

I think the downfall happened when David posted an article alleging Moz didn't pay his road crew.

Between 96-2000 I had some pretty dark days and would sneak off to the computer lab at Cal Poly and peek at this site as a lurker. (This was before I even had a computer at home. Imagine that. :squiffy:) I was too shy to sign up, but it was always nice to read about sightings of him in Hollywood or people's reactions to his music, I felt like I was the only soul in slo listening to him, so there was a connection through solo. :o

Just to add some fuel to the fire regarding Morrissey, his treatment of others, and his music.

I went to see The Fixx the other night--and whether one is a fan of them or not--the points lie in the showmanship and attitude of the band toward its fans.

1. There were maybe 120 fans at this show--surprised they did not cancel. Despite the poor turnout, they had such incredible energy and plays 21 songs.

2. Their tour is called "By Request" and they had envelopes on stage from different fans--they would open an envelope--read the name of the fan--then play the songs. They had some obscure old songs for sure--some played for the first time in 25 years!

3. Cy Curnin was born in 1957--he was into the gig--bantering with fans and showing enthusiasm and interest.

4. A class act--$22.00 for the show--the band members were friendly and interacted with the fans--even saw them at the bar up the street.

Morrissey does not care about his fans, employees, or anyone else--despite what people think.

Man, that sounds fantastic.

Indeed he cares not...but yet we sell out all his shows and reward his silliness with cash. Because we must I suppose. I always hope he will just retire, do one more round of shows with his head held high. Alas, it is not meant to be...

morrissey, start a grindcore band with a whole new band and a name for the band

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom