2018: Any U.S. dates prognosticated?

Kenmare

Hello all...as I'll be in Boston through at least this year (and the streets are no longer filled with gushing seawater and ice chunks, huzzah), and as I've spent an evening watching the SER vid of M. in Santa Barbara, my thoughts turn to the cancelled shows in Philly and BOS.

What are your bets on a swing back to the US?

Best to all.

Yes. One date. He'll fly into LaGuardia, get a finger up the butt and some harsh questions, and they'll put him back on the next plane home with a DEFECTIVE: RETURN TO SENDER stamp on his forehead.

Hello all...as I'll be in Boston through at least this year (and the streets are no longer filled with gushing seawater and ice chunks, huzzah), and as I've spent an evening watching the SER vid of M. in Santa Barbara, my thoughts turn to the cancelled shows in Philly and BOS.

Best to all.

I don't know ... seems unlikely at the present. Then again Morrissey is good at making dire pronouncements and then it doesn't happen. "Never going to the play the UK again," comes to mind.

On that note, any more singles from LIHS coming? All has gone quiet as far as promotion.

I don't know ... seems unlikely at the present. Then again Morrissey is good at making dire pronouncements and then it doesn't happen. "Never going to the play the UK again," comes to mind.

On that note, any more singles from LIHS coming? All has gone quiet as far as promotion.
But would it be Morrissey making the pronouncement, or the pronouncement made for him? The US has never had a (p)Resident like Trump.
He obsesses over his own media, ratings, and popularity to a degree that I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's denied future entry. At least until the idiot-in-chief is gone. He probably has a Nixonian team of yes-men and boot-lickers who take care of these matters for him.

But would it be Morrissey making the pronouncement, or the pronouncement made for him? The US has never had a (p)Resident like Trump.
He obsesses over his own media, ratings, and popularity to a degree that I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's denied future entry. At least until the idiot-in-chief is gone. He probably has a Nixonian team of yes-men and boot-lickers who take care of these matters for him.

I think the obvious answer is that somebody has to tweet Donald and ask him. G23, since you obviously have a sound grip on this issue, I nominate you :D

Denied future entry to where? Is he going to be deported from New Jersey La Gordia back home to Malibu? He talks way more shit about the "royal family" than he does Trump. He is not going to bite the hand that feeds him his favorite potato rolled tacos, refried beans, chocolate chip cookies, coffee, and Corona.

Yes. One date. He'll fly into LaGuardia, get a finger up the butt and some harsh questions, and they'll put him back on the next plane home with a DEFECTIVE: RETURN TO SENDER stamp on his forehead.

Don't know what you expect from another person, but I wouldn't call what you describe in your post as a 'date', or even a one night stand.

<>

Last edited:
Don't know what you expect from another person, but I wouldn't call what you describe in your post as a 'date', or even a one night stand.
Surely there would be dinner involved, maybe some light petting before the finger/harsh questions. Remember, it takes all types, and kinky is so common as to be practically vanilla here in 2018. You have to really try to be deviant.

I think the obvious answer is that somebody has to tweet Donald and ask him. G23, since you obviously have a sound grip on this issue, I nominate you :D
I treat Twitter like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I never have, I never will.

Surely there would be dinner involved, maybe some light petting before the finger/harsh questions. Remember, it takes all types, and kinky is so common as to be practically vanilla here in 2018. You have to really try to be deviant.

'deviant'? in this current climate? with the whole 'me too' thing going on? I don't see how even this 'vanilla' will be tolerated much longer.

'deviant'? in this current climate? with the whole 'me too' thing going on? I don't see how even this 'vanilla' will be tolerated much longer.
I agree. Police bashed down my front door and hit me with a truncheon the last time I attempted missionary position.

I agree. Police bashed down my front door and hit me with a truncheon the last time I attempted missionary position.

well, we'll see ..... One hellish day when sex and the pleasure of it may be a thing of the past, but the road to that will indeed be frightening and saddening. Then again, in the end, it may be for the best, humans may not even have bodies in the same way that we recognize as having them now.

'Perhaps the strange ones in the dome
Can lend us a book we can read up alone
And try to get it on like once before
When Jagger stared in people's eyes and scored
Like the video films we saw
His name was always buddy
And he'd shrug and ask to stay
She'd sigh like twig the wonder kid
And turn her face away
She's uncertain if she likes him
But she knows she really loves him
It's a crash course for the ravers
It's a drive-in Saturday'

<>.

well, we'll see ..... One hellish day when sex and the pleasure of it may be a thing of the past, but the road to that will indeed be frightening and saddening. Then again, in the end, it may be for the best, humans may not even have bodies in the same way that we recognize as having them now.

'Perhaps the strange ones in the dome
Can lend us a book we can read up alone
And try to get it on like once before
When Jagger stared in people's eyes and scored
Like the video films we saw
His name was always buddy
And he'd shrug and ask to stay
She'd sigh like twig the wonder kid
And turn her face away
She's uncertain if she likes him
But she knows she really loves him
It's a crash course for the ravers
It's a drive-in Saturday'

<>.

Evidently we'll all be having it off with robotic AI by 2050. So if I live to be 73, I'll send a review.

Assuming he really isn't banned from the country, my guess is yes. Like nearly every year in the past decade, just when you think he's finished up, boom comes another string of US dates. He's apparently going to be in Mexico City in March, so it wouldn't be a total shocker to see him attempt a few more US dates either after that, or perhaps later in the year.

And yes, it would be nice for Europe and other areas to have some dates announced as well.

Thank you all for the thoughts and shots!
I can understand not wanting to be in the particularly miserable northeast until past February, as the weather can be shockingly bad, even by the standards of the natives here. That and the New England Patriots are all that's spoken of here at this time of year, and to be sure, all like something to make small talk/complain about.

He knows we'd love to see him, and the Orpheum was I think sold out before the abrupt cancellations of Philly and Boston. So, we'll wait. Hope the world tour is grand...I'm sure it will be.

Wishing all a good ending to this week.

Best to all.

Like Harsh Truth suggested, I would think possibly some Southwestern or TX dates around the time of the Mexico City gig?

And as someone who lives in Northern Connecticut, I agree that Moz is wise to avoid these frigid temperatures and all the snow right now!

do you think he is on the interpol travel watch list, to be further screened and delayed at the airport? I think he must be, Kathy griffith is because of her tom foolery. If he is, can you imagine the internal tirade he will go through from airport to airport. Probably enough to make him go 'f*** it" and just stop traveling.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-detain-airports-trump-beheading-stunt-video/

"At the end of the video, Kathy Griffin said she’s on Interpol watch list and spent 2 months on a no fly list. Griffin also admitted that she gets detained at airports every time she flies."

this is just her talking about her being on "the list"

Morrissey is going to freak out if this happens to him

I really would be concerned for morrissey's safety. I mean half the country voted for the prez so people do support him. I did see it posted here somewhere the comments from altright blogs where they were very threatening to morrissey, hoping death on him, kind of like how morrissey has wished death on a variety of people.

Last edited:
He can't be on an "interpol watch list" because Steve lives in Malibu, USA. I know everyone loves him at LAX. He's an A list celebrity in Moz Angeles. All American and #1 Dodger fan Steve P. Morrissey talks way more shit about the "royal family" than he does Trump. Steve isn't going to bite the hand that feeds him.

Back
Top Bottom