a case for Morrissey's retirement

He is an average director who isn't worthy as the directors I mentioned earlier.

Anderson's "Plot Keywords" section on IMDB reads as follows: "Based On Video Game / Flashback Sequence / Gore / Impalement". Calling him an "average" director is being way too kind, Kewpie.

I reckon he should start acting in films.He could be the new james bond :Dthe names morrissey steven morrissey.Maybe someone could do abit of a photoshop:D

Anderson's "Plot Keywords" section on IMDB reads as follows: "Based On Video Game / Flashback Sequence / Gore / Impalement". Calling him an "average" director is being way too kind, Kewpie.

No need to be rude, Worm. ;)

the British has never had a great great film director

What the hell are you talking about?
Hitchcock and Frears, to name a couple off the top of my head.

moiaussi, I don't mean to rude to you, have you read the thread from the begining?

This thread is a week old and your contribution is rather too late considering you only remember two British film directors.

If he retires, he should, well... retire.

Maybe write that biography, open his own record label to release albums from his favourite bands and maybe... open a nice vegetarian restaurant?
I don't see him directing films; maybe writing scripts, that would be cool.

Alfred Hitchcock was a british film director, as is/was David Lean.

This thread is a week old and your contribution is rather too late considering you only remember two British film directors.
Whether you mean to be rude or not is irrelevant, because you are.

First, I can post to a thread if it is a year old if I want to. It's an online forum, not a freaking dinner party. I don't get your point, probably because you are just imposing your preferences on other people, and I'm not interested. I would venture to guess that there are a few people out there with an interest in the topic, even *gasp* a week later. Well, there's myself, for one. If it's truly no longer relevant, then no one will read it anyway.

Second, there are numerous very talented British film directors. I'm not sure what declining to go on with a list of them has to do with countering the claim that there are NO decent British Film directors. One > none, especially considering that the person to introduce this claim simply rattled off one director per country as evidence of contribution.

Ang Lee is Taiwanese, by the way. Equating Chinese with Taiwanese is offensive to a great number of Taiwanese people. You could, by the same sloppy classification, suggest that Miike is a Mongolian filmmaker, which is absurd.

In any case, I think overlooking Hitchcock is a major oversight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom