Are you not a true fan if you don't buy the releases?

Sorry, how am I wrong? For going against some made up rules?

My original point still stands.
Don't let Corny see that you made fun of his rules. He worked long and hard on them! :mad::p

I haven't bought the greatest hits cd for a number of reasons -

1) I already own all the songs apart from the two bonus tracks which, as I have already said, suck balls.
2) His last two albums have been absolute toss and I have decided, on the strength of this, to count myself out of that exclusive club who buy whatever old shite he churns out.
3) I'm not sure I want to give my money to a right wing lunatic who, despite thinking that it's wrong to cull animals to keep them out of the cities, is happy to go on record as saying that there are too many human immigrants coming into the UK. The man's gone f***ing looney tunes.

In fact, having read what I've just written, I'm not sure I'm actually a fan anymore. Imagine if you will that you're at a circus. In the beginning the circus is brilliant, it's key appeal is that it has two ringmasters who, between them, put on the best tricks that you've ever seen, plus they have two of the best assistants that you've ever seen putting on genuinely innovative supporting performances.

After a while the second ringmaster decides to leave the circus due to the first ringmaster's increasingly wierd behaviour. He tries out a variety of different circuses which all turn out to be quite different from his first one, but are ultimately nowhere near as good, until he eventually unexpectedly joins Modest mouse and redeems himself back up to genius status.

The two assistants have now got annoyed and asked for some money from the two ringmasters, claiming that they have been unfairly treated.

Meanwhile the first ringmaster, despite many years having passed, is still trying to perform his original act which involved throwing nuggets of gold from a bucket directly at you in the audience. The trouble is, he's run out of golden nuggets now, and now he's been reduced to throwing lumps of his own soggy shit at you. At this point it's only a matter of time before you walk out of that circus isn't it. Walk out of the circus all covered in that ringmaster's poo..... with a copy of his greatest hits cd in your hand.

The circus is evil because they abuse animals. You must obviously NOT be a TRUE FAN and are a BAD person!! :mad::cool:

I'm willing to bet there are people on here who have acquired their entire Morrissey collection for free, via torrents, asking for stuff on here etc.

Something not quite right about that.

I am quite frankly shocked at the number of people on here who seem to be saying they haven't bought the new single OR album - and don't plan to!

The ONLY acceptable reason for not buying it is financial considerations - i wouldn't expect anyone to struggle money-wise just to buy a CD. But availability in shops is no excuse, in this age of the internet.

IMO, if you don't buy his releases, you don't support him, & you're not a true fan.

Yes, the price for the Import version of the Greatest Hits - Collector's Edition is now a modest $51.98 on Amazon in the U.S. (a mere 26.48 Pounds for our U.K. friends). Instead of condemning others, why don't you justify the price tag of that little gem?

P.S. You're an ass-clown.:)

I wouldn't expect ANYONE to have been to every concert! As for the single releases - it doesn't take much to buy 34 singles in 20 years, and not on every format - just the one's that feature different songs (either new or Live).

"Expect." That is the key word. Screw you and your "expectations." Live your life and leave the rest of use alone. :)

Yes, the price for the Import version of the Greatest Hits - Collector's Edition is now a modest $51.98 on Amazon in the U.S. (a mere 26.48 Pounds for our U.K. friends). Instead of condemning others, why don't you justify the price tag of that little gem?

P.S. You're an ass-clown.:)

And let's not forget, that not only is this little collection expensive, but the tracklisting is wank! Not only is it not worth the money of someone who already owns the songs, the songs they choose are the weaker tracks from his back catalogue.

It's almost as if Norrissey is seeing just how far he can push his ridiculously obsessed fan base before they realise he's acting like a big old c***.

I mean come on. Redondo beach? Redondo ball-sweat more like.

p.s - I'm loving the phrase ass-clown.

Back
Top Bottom