"As a black teenager, I loved Morrissey. But heaven knows..." - Guardian article by Joshua Surtees

Going by how many anti-Corbyn articles the Guardian managed to publish after he was first elected leader, I suspect they've got about another 150 of these anti-Morrissey pieces in the pipeline...

As a black teenager, I loved Morrissey. But heaven knows I’m miserable now - Opinion / The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees
I used to defend Morrissey against accusations of racism. Now I feel betrayed by his support for bigots like Tommy Robinson

(And it's some top class trolling, using "Heaven Knows..." in the article title, given how much they know Morrissey hates that and "Bigmouth" being used in headlines.)

This is never going to end unless Morrissey backtracks/apologises. Which means: this is never going to end.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you and the rest of these hateful and ignorant people are "white culture" the sooner it dies the better.

You'd prefer this? Really?

rappers_chains_cover.jpg

Debating with anyone is largely dependent on the definitions of words.

True. But it shouldn't revolve solely around that you fit the definition of some emotionally-charged buzzword. Especially one like "racist" which can mean literally anything. Like it's never about the strength, truthfulness, or moral worth of the argument, just whether that argument fits the definition of a particular word that is a priori assumed to be an unqualified bad.

Liberals are always more 'racist' than the very people they call Nazis.

They see race everywhere and adopt a patronising attitude when talking about blacks for example - almost as if blacks are crippled children that deserve sympathy.

As for in the flesh, they're the first to cross to road when they see a group of them, fearing they may be mugged, attacked or raped. This is their stereotypical thinking in action.

I've noticed this throughout my whole life living in London.

True. But it shouldn't revolve solely around that you fit the definition of some emotionally-charged buzzword. Especially one like "racist" which can mean literally anything. Like it's never about the strength, truthfulness, or moral worth of the argument, just whether that argument fits the definition of a particular word that is a priori assumed to be an unqualified bad.
Emotionally charged buzzwords like "politically correct," "SJW," "snowflake," "soyboy," and on and on are acceptable and have fixed definitions?
Actually "racist" has a much more clear meaning that any of those.

When someone calls you a racist you've already won the argument.

I don't know who those people are but I don't think your bullshit is any kind of "white culture" I want any part of.
You might want to coordinate with the other idiot that is saying pop culture portrays minorities as "angelic," though.
It seems like lots of minorities are portrayed as criminals in pop culture.

Maybe that's because a lot of them revel in criminality.

Emotionally charged buzzwords like "politically correct," "SJW," "snowflake," "soyboy," and on and on are acceptable and have fixed definitions?
Actually "racist" has a much more clear meaning that any of those.

No one has ever been fired from their job for being politically correct, an SJW, a snowflake, or a soyboy. So in terms of being emotionally charged, they are not even in the same league as "racist".

Going by how many anti-Corbyn articles the Guardian managed to publish after he was first elected leader, I suspect they've got about another 150 of these anti-Morrissey pieces in the pipeline...

Funny how The Guardian is content to review the films of Roman Polanski without producing scores of op-ed pieces reminding us that he's a monster who has admitted drugging and sodomising a child. Just saying.

Yes. I'm saying THAT. Morrissey is a radical animal rights activist. I love him for it. He's NOT a racist. This thread is absurd.

Lol! So yeah sure, you think Moz would sit down with Sarsour and her buddies for tea and knafeh, and discuss the current plight of the Palestinians? Give me a break! Not for all of the tea in subspecies China, babe! Keep trolling though, right on sister!

Liberals are always more 'racist' than the very people they call Nazis.

They see race everywhere and adopt a patronising attitude when talking about blacks for example - almost as if blacks are crippled children that deserve sympathy.

As for in the flesh, they're the first to cross to road when they see a group of them, fearing they may be mugged, attacked or raped.

I've noticed this throughout my whole life living in London.
There is some truth in the idea that many liberals want to save these "other" people they perceive as needing their help. Of course it's nice to want to help people but you're right about the way some liberals behave. I am not sure it's limited to liberals though. A lot of people who want to save the world are conservative and religious and can have the same sort of attitudes.

Back
Top Bottom