Athens - Tae Kwon Do Arena (Dec. 15, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Staircase At The University / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / Yes, I Am Blind / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Smiler With Knife / Asleep / I'm Not A Man / Certain People I Know / Trouble Loves Me / Meat is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Dimitris Vesparider‎ / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out Facebook group via an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Morrissey leaves, shouting "Sports arena" holding football ball and throws it to the audience. And then, just before vibrate stage with How soon is now, says meaningfully:"Remember me ... But, oh !, forget my face."

the spirit is high

he'll be o.k.

I'd love any US dates, but I think venues will be wary of booking him. Also, don't you need insurance for any big tour? Would that present a problem? He canceled Chicago four times, and I can't imagine any venue in that city willing to put him on their calendar.

Venues don't care they still get their booking fee

Well, said.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to count the Holland dates as cancellations, if they take place next year they would part of next years tour, they cant be used to credit two different tours. Of course, we know that it wont happen, since they were bumped for low ticket sales.

The Athens venue look kind of small, more like a large club, 1800 to 2000 at most, which these days make it an enormous crowd for him.

Actually, this is not a large club, but an olympic indoor hall that hosted the Tae Kwon Do competition and a number of handball matches, with a seating capacity of 40000 (plus all the standing people). I think there were more than 4.000 at the gig...

I count 35 shows played (including Istanbul) and 3 cancellations - Lyon, Lausanne, Basel, that were not rescheduled and made up. I'm not including Holland because those two shows will be made up in 2015 as stated on TTY.

35 divided by 38 = 92% concert completion rate. Even if my math is a bit off, this tour was completed unlike the 2013 and 2014 aborted U.S.A. tours.

This tour was a success. It doesn't matter if you are an apologist, defender, sycophant, objective, disfavor Morrissey, hate his guts, or think you are Oscar Wilde reincarnated. This tour was a success and that is undeniable.

Again, I say to you, you are seeing The Last of the Famous. You are a witness to greatness. Even in your most vitriolic moments, all of you know it.

Expect a U.S.A. mini tour 2015

Very Happy Holidays,

Ghoul (from under the floorboards)

Brilliant!!!!

Viva Mozza (from the Ruhr valley in Germany)

That setlist was brilliant. Made me think of brilliances of yore, such as "Are You Loathesome Tonight?".

And did he say "forget my face?" High spirits, indeed!

Ghoul is right. Moreover, yesterday's performance was not by a sick person or a troubled band. It was powerful, passionate (despite an overall sense of sadness surrounding the tour and a sense of doubt surrounding the Greek show). Mozz was out of this earth really. Most of the people after the show were talking about how absolutely great his voice was. Strong, confident, important as always. Hope he stays for more than people (or himself) think(s). Long live!

George
Gracias ;-) from Greece

I count 35 shows played (including Istanbul) and 3 cancellations - Lyon, Lausanne, Basel, that were not rescheduled and made up. I'm not including Holland because those two shows will be made up in 2015 as stated on TTY.

35 divided by 38 = 92% concert completion rate. Even if my math is a bit off, this tour was completed unlike the 2013 and 2014 aborted U.S.A. tours.

This tour was a success. It doesn't matter if you are an apologist, defender, sycophant, objective, disfavor Morrissey, hate his guts, or think you are Oscar Wilde reincarnated. This tour was a success and that is undeniable.

Again, I say to you, you are seeing The Last of the Famous. You are a witness to greatness. Even in your most vitriolic moments, all of you know it.

Expect a U.S.A. mini tour 2015

Very Happy Holidays,

Ghoul (from under the floorboards)

"Math ! Concert completion rate ! ( you make it sound like a a competitive sport ) witness to greatness ! ( WPINOYB are you sure about that croc of shite? ). Expect a mini USA tour ? ( do the u s and a do mini things ?) and finally ' Happy Holidays ' ! Give me a drink and make it quick your post has made me feel SICK !
It wasn't 100 % a) album b) sell out c) completed
He was good in his day and we thank him but it's time to put the shirt back on its hanger now , it's over he's ( get ready)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFINISHED, DONE FOR, BANJAXED , HA HA HA HA HA HA HA , OH YES HE IS !

Happy Christmas everybody

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I took a part of his shirt, I am so happy, I can die satisfied now!

Hell, put him back in Madison Square Garden where he belongs! All great things happened there in 1991.
But if not, I already have a hunch Brooklyn will happen. Just as long as Will & Kate aren't in town again. ;)

The (rescheduled) Brooklyn show will be epic!

so much for you're 40% cancellation barleycunt

Maths isn't your strong point is it, Plastic Paddy?

At the time of writing, perhaps three months ago, I correctly said Morrissey had cancelled circa 40% of his shows since 1991. I didn't say he would cancel 40% of this tour. I steer clear of prophesy as a rule, save for the obvious, such as you will reply to this with more bollocks. If I did say what you claim you will be able to link to it, but as with the outrageous lies of Surface using the death of a child he claimed to actually know to attack Brummie, you cannot because it does not exist.

Once more, as we see here alarmingly often these days from yourself, marred, Surface and Samsa primarily, you deliberately misrepresent other peoples' comments because you are incapable of rational discourse.

As for Morrissey's tour percentage, I would think the overall odds would have crept up a couple of points now. You might even have a 45% chance every time you buy a ticket.

I really wanted to be on Morrissey's concert with my friend on Friday Dec. 5th 2014 as initially scheduled. Unfortunatelly this concert was postponed and transferred for Monday Dec. 15th, 2014. It was a great show but unfortunatelly I have missed. I had to be out of Athens this date.
Not only I have missed the show but I also missed my 74 euros paid for the two tickets for the concert. The company arranged the show in Arthens Detox did not refund any ticket . They didn;t care if someone is able to be there or not.
I know that nobody cares for thi piece of information, but my 74 euros were lost for a Morrissey never saw !!!!

At the time of writing, perhaps three months ago, I correctly said Morrissey had cancelled circa 40% of his shows since 1991. I didn't say he would cancel 40% of this tour. I steer clear of prophesy as a rule, save for the obvious, such as you will reply to this with more bollocks. If I did say what you claim you will be able to link to it, but as with the outrageous lies of Surface using the death of a child he claimed to actually know to attack Brummie, you cannot because it does not exist.

Once more, as we see here alarmingly often these days from yourself, marred, Surface and Samsa primarily, you deliberately misrepresent other peoples' comments because you are incapable of rational discourse.

As for Morrissey's tour percentage, I would think the overall odds would have crept up a couple of points now. You might even have a 45% chance every time you buy a ticket.

Come on Barleycunt, don't bore us with statistics and all the usual pomposity ("you are incapable of rational discourse" says the imbecile who expects people to believe in his one-man mission to call Morrissey to account conducted exclusively on an internet forum), when there's far more important work to do. Have you submitted any proposals or drafts to the NME yet? Or any other music mags? If not, why not?

Oh, and there's been a massacre at a primary school in Pakistan today - surely you and Benny and Bummie can find a way to blame Morrissey for this...?

I really wanted to be on Morrissey's concert with my friend on Friday Dec. 5th 2014 as initially scheduled. Unfortunatelly this concert was postponed and transferred for Monday Dec. 15th, 2014. It was a great show but unfortunatelly I have missed. I had to be out of Athens this date.
Not only I have missed the show but I also missed my 74 euros paid for the two tickets for the concert. The company arranged the show in Arthens Detox did not refund any ticket . They didn;t care if someone is able to be there or not.
I know that nobody cares for thi piece of information, but my 74 euros were lost for a Morrissey never saw !!!!

Surely you are not expecting Moz to perform with the sniffles? Have you noticed how fragile he appears to be (despite weighing a good 100 kilos, and growing),how delicate with all his sneezing and weeping. It is not human to expect Moz to refund your money.

You refuse to debate in an orderly manner. All you do is be rude, insult and bring everything and everyone down, without any sensible reason for doing so. You don't listen to what anyone outiside of your bubble of hate is saying. Instead you immediately dismiss it and go back to your trolling and your hatefulness. You think you and the other haters are rational? Really?

Prove it then barleycunt, show us the stats of each tour and what percentage of each tour was cancelled, we know you cannot because you are a liar

Back
Top Bottom