Atlanta, GA - Fox Theatre (Oct. 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Girlfriend In A Coma / I Wish You Lonely / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / How Soon Is Now? / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Almost never. Not anymore, anyway. Only very rarely does Morrissey ever include an opening act these days. It's been this way for the better part of a decade now.

Kristeen Young was his once his permanent regular opener. She was the warm up act for every show and every tour, for years, years ago. But eventually they had a falling out and Moz never replaced her spot.

His infamous video montages, were once played in between Kristeen and Moz, is now the only thing to be seen before Morrissey and his band take to the stage.

Although, every so often, for a rare special occasion, concert, or venue, or for reasons this audience will never be privy to, Moz will surprise us all and choose to include a opener. Personally I have seen Interpol and Blondie open for him in NYC since Kristeen Young was given the boot. This was after I had witnessed her live as the opener many, many times.

Personally, I prefer the lack of an opening act. I have my reasons but I won't bore you with them. I've already rambled on in a rather dull and mostly meaningless fashion for far too long now. My apologies. I must go lie down. (Or is it lay down? Ah, f*** it. And goodnight to you.)
It would be great to finally see the Morrissey & Cliff Richard double bill we were denied some years back.

because they are too busy enjoying themselves.
24 Four Hour Solo Gordy 😄

Setlist is full of great tracks but too much airing. I don’t see any big changes this side of summer, or winter ❄️⛄
40 years of Morrissey👨‍❤️‍👨

Band introductions:

basia_ana-20231013-0001.jpg

(both basia_ana IG stories)

He needs to retire How Soon is Now unless he wants to commit to playing it right and finding a band who can. He has turned it into utter crap.
Bernard Sumner has said he hates playing Blue Monday, but he knows he has to, and I have never heard a bad version of it.

It would be great to finally see the Morrissey & Cliff Richard double bill we were denied some years back.
That was such a strange one, i couldnt picture it in my head. Obviously Moz is a fan of Cliffs 50s and 60s stuff but Cliff just seems so many worlds apart from Morrissey and his views etc. Would have loved to have seen it Les tho.

He needs to retire How Soon is Now unless he wants to commit to playing it right and finding a band who can. He has turned it into utter crap.
Bernard Sumner has said he hates playing Blue Monday, but he knows he has to, and I have never heard a bad version of it.
blue monday is so easy to do,a child could do it.
agree on how soon is now but that is one of the songs that most people want to hear,people on here moan about the setlist because they have been to 50 concerts,think of the person where this is their first.
red adair on a friday morning.

24 Four Hour Solo Gordy 😄

Setlist is full of great tracks but too much airing. I don’t see any big changes this side of summer, or winter ❄️⛄
40 years of Morrissey👨‍❤️‍👨
that shows how much you know about me and this site

That was such a strange one, i couldnt picture it in my head. Obviously Moz is a fan of Cliffs 50s and 60s stuff but Cliff just seems so many worlds apart from Morrissey and his views etc. Would have loved to have seen it Les tho.
Oh, I'm not so sure. John Lennon apparently said that 'Move It' was the first 'British' rock and roll single. You can see what he meant in the clip below. John Lydon also rated Cliff's eponymous album in 1959 as being central to the development of rock and roll music in the British Isles. It may be 'pound shop' Elvis, perhaps, but in 50s and 60s Britain and Ireland, I would imagine Cliff was a game changer in popular culture. Moz was paying homage by the offer of joint billing. Not sure why Cliff's 'views' on anything would be important?

Oh, I'm not so sure. John Lennon apparently said that 'Move It' was the first 'British' rock and roll single. You can see what he meant in the clip below. John Lydon also rated Cliff's eponymous album in 1959 as being central to the development of rock and roll music in the British Isles. It may be 'pound shop' Elvis, perhaps, but in 50s and 60s Britain and Ireland, I would imagine Cliff was a game changer in popular culture. Moz was paying homage by the offer of joint billing. Not sure why Cliff's 'views' on anything would be important?

I see your point and im not dissing Cliff, Move it is one of the finest Rock n Roll songs ever released, i just meant in the respect that he might not agree with some of Morrissey's remarks about royalty, beheading Thatcher etc. Cliff is a very underrated entertainer and seeing him become a shadow of himself at the hands of the BBC etc was heartbreaking, he seems like a genuinely kind and caring soul, and i would have loved to have seen him share a stage with Moz, it would have been great.

Back
Top Bottom