Atlanta, GA - Fox Theatre (Oct. 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Girlfriend In A Coma / I Wish You Lonely / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / How Soon Is Now? / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
blue monday is so easy to do,a child could do it.
agree on how soon is now but that is one of the songs that most people want to hear,people on here moan about the setlist because they have been to 50 concerts,think of the person where this is their first.
red adair on a friday morning.

Post your version of it Gordy

The opening act is the tired old movie clips he plays before he walks on stage with his now mediocre amateur backing band.
This is to save money because he doesn't have a record deal or one in sight.
This is also why Alain is gone.
Poor ol MOZ can't afford a real musicians/songwriters in the live band anymore.
40 years in biz and he had to make some budget cuts.
If you are refereeing to Carmen Vandenberg as a mediocre amateur guitarist you are totally out of your mind. Carmen is an extraordinary guitarist. Camila Gray is a graduate of Berklee College of Music and is doing a pretty decent job of making a career /living from music which is not an easy thing to do by any measure (try it sometime) she is also a classically trained pianist. Brendan is top notch drummer and will kick your ass on a moments notice. The bass player was in a Grammy winning band from Columbia. People slag off Jessie Tobias, but he is a great guitar player by any standard and his work on I'm not a Dog on a Chain was some of the best of Morrissey career. By all accounts from those attending the show the band is sounds fantastic.

Band introductions:

View attachment 96010
(both basia_ana IG stories)

Cool and funny that he did that. Although it had something of a school performance in a way ^^ (everybody coming forward to say something not the concert). But I think it's great that he wants to involve the band more and how he interacts with Camila on her way back, for it was criticised a lot that they're only his anonymous backing band and he has no connection with them. It seems he really wants to change that and for once this is very thoughtful and nice, shows that he still cares about some aspects.

I'm guessing this is sold at the venue or Morrissey's a RVZ fan...

christine_zap-13102023-0001.jpg
af8952167c72660409ed70b061f9454f.jpg

All christine_zap

christine_zap-13102023-0008.jpg
christine_zap-13102023-0005.jpg
christine_zap-13102023-0006.jpg
christine_zap-13102023-0007.jpg
christine_zap-13102023-0004.jpg
christine_zap-13102023-0002.jpg
christine_zap-13102023-0003.jpg

Imagine a world in which Morrissey did a tour performing the two new albums back to back with an interval and also released a professional recording of the rehearsal / concert itself on a well-designed website behind a paywall similar to what King Crimson were doing on their DGM website.

Then perhaps a limited vinyl+CD self-release of Without Music the World Dies and if the studio version of Bonfire of Teenagers is stuck at Capitol, he could just release a live album of all of those songs. He wouldn't even need mainstream media promo and would still make a good amount of money, I think.

I see your point and im not dissing Cliff, Move it is one of the finest Rock n Roll songs ever released, i just meant in the respect that he might not agree with some of Morrissey's remarks about royalty, beheading Thatcher etc. Cliff is a very underrated entertainer and seeing him become a shadow of himself at the hands of the BBC etc was heartbreaking, he seems like a genuinely kind and caring soul, and i would have loved to have seen him share a stage with Moz, it would have been great.
Oh, I thought you were referring to Cliff's 'views'. Yes, Morrissey's 'views' are a bit more 'controversial' on occasion. Just a tad.

It’s always been a bit awkward when anyone but Morrissey says something on stage. Not to say that he’s always Mr Smooth himself.

Great you pointed that out, lol! so Morrissey.
I think it’s safe to assume, he interacts, jokes etc with them that his fans don’t see.
Yeah, I'm sure he does. But it seems he intentionally shows that a bit more with them coming forward to the stage with "Speedway", or letting them say something (he encouraged them to do so, you can see that some of them were a bit - for the lack of a better word - "shy"? and stood back like a proud teacher watching them:D) I've seen it on some occasions with the new band, a little tease here and little tease there, but mostly with Carmen and Camila and I think that's nice. Or them going to the Garbage concert or posting pics of them on Central. It shows that they're having a good time and although I don't think Morrissey also stood in that supermarket in Joggers, it shows that he isn't as detached from them as it maybe seemed in the beginning. It's a very positive thing to see.

If you are refereeing to Carmen Vandenberg as a mediocre amateur guitarist you are totally out of your mind. Carmen is an extraordinary guitarist. Camila Gray is a graduate of Berklee College of Music and is doing a pretty decent job of making a career /living from music which is not an easy thing to do by any measure (try it sometime) she is also a classically trained pianist. Brendan is top notch drummer and will kick your ass on a moments notice. The bass player was in a Grammy winning band from Columbia. People slag off Jessie Tobias, but he is a great guitar player by any standard and his work on I'm not a Dog on a Chain was some of the best of Morrissey career. By all accounts from those attending the show the band is sounds fantastic.

Yeah, I'm sure he does. But it seems he intentionally shows that a bit more with them coming forward to the stage with "Speedway", or letting them say something (he encouraged them to do so, you can see that some of them were a bit - for the lack of a better word - "shy"? and stood back like a proud teacher watching them:D) I've seen it on some occasions with the new band, a little tease here and little tease there, but mostly with Carmen and Camila and I think that's nice. Or them going to the Garbage concert or posting pics of them on Central. It shows that they're having a good time and although I don't think Morrissey also stood in that supermarket in Joggers, it shows that he isn't as detached from them as it maybe seemed in the beginning. It's a very positive thing to see.

Yes it comforts us to see that. Just saying there’s so much we don’t see, that we shouldn’t jump to conclusions simply because
those characteristics of Morrissey are not shown in public. But yes I agree with you.

The opening act is the tired old movie clips he plays before he walks on stage with his now mediocre amateur backing band.
This is to save money because he doesn't have a record deal or one in sight.
This is also why Alain is gone.
Poor ol MOZ can't afford a real musicians/songwriters in the live band anymore.
40 years in biz and he had to make some budget cuts.
Alan has gone because there is no support act. Is that what you are saying?!

Back
Top Bottom