Bono pays tribute to Morrissey during a U2 concert

That Smiler video...gahhh. So beautiful.

Going out where, oh yes, in Scotland. As others have said, you are a plastic paddy, one of those typical gob shites who harp on about this and that but who would run a mile if anyone confronted you in person on your beliefs.

Have been to Dublin many times and have never had any problems, so your clearly not up to speed on what things are like nowadays

And yes I'd rather lick Benny and Brummies arse than show any respect to you. Guess why? Benny's and Brummies posts are just words on a Forum where they like to wind folk up, whereas you openly support terrorism and the murder that goes along with it.

Surface your a better man than this 4ekin eejit. You don't have to lick anyone's backside and me and you might not always agree with each other but I think we share a respect in some form. Just ignore the Irish Crank he talks shite and to prove he's talking shite I worked all over the place in a past job, they asked me if I would go to Belfast (they said I didn't have to if I didn't want to there was no pressure to make me go) Anyway I decided to go, I went three times in all and guess what ? I came back in one piece ! I never disappeared. I also met some lovely people they're not all like this loon.
One thing that sticks in my mind though was when we sailed into Belfast I went on deck and my first thoughts were what a dull dreary shit-hole with all its shades of black and grey.
My hotel was nice though it was called the Dunaddrie/Dunaddry or something.
Enjoy your week and turn the other cheek with this Irish Crank.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I've seen Morrissey several times and I've never seen this throwing gladioli thing that Bungo is talking about.

Bono mentions Morrissey is his favorite singer and the nasty comments come out of no where, bizarre

indeed, for me, there isn't big difference in when bono mentions morrissey and when d. cameroon mentions the smiths - i find them similarly unconvincing. why is it bizarre? i told what i think.

oh, my... :rofl:

when d. cameron mentions the smiths

The IRA have never been defeated

Really? How else to explain the fact that they stopped killing people in pursuit of their constitutional objective and now participate in the devolved government of Northern Ireland within the UK?

Also, when a conflict is over, do undefeated "armies" usually surrender all their weaponry, munitions and explosive materials?

I wonder if, in 1969, this was the kind of unequivocal victory that P. O'Neill was anticipating.

again :rofl:

this person's name isn't bungo but...

indeed, for me, there isn't big difference in when bono mentions morrissey and when d. cameroon mentions the smiths - i find them similarly unconvincing. why is it bizarre? i told what i think.

Bizarre because Bono mentions Morrissey is his favorite singer, my first reaction was, odd, wouldn't have seen that coming..This site has to call Bono names, analyze three ways to Sunday. Just a harmless comment everyone. No need to drag Bono to the lows of some comments here.

Bizarre because Bono mentions Morrissey is his favorite singer, my first reaction was, odd, wouldn't have seen that coming..This site has to call Bono names, analyze three ways to Sunday. Just a harmless comment everyone. No need to drag Bono to the lows of some comments here.

i don't see anything 'low' in my comment. i don't respect bono, that's all.

p.s. sorry if this hurts your feelings.

Maybe I'm in a minority, but in my opinion Morrissey's latest three albums display great progress compared to the terrible and tedious You Are the Quarry, it is something much more musical and lively, although he still remains conservative and his music conventional. If any, his only solo masterpiece was Your Arsenal.

To call Quarry this is head scratching to me. Taste is individual after all, but let's be honest when discussing his music. His contribution is the lyrics, and to me his recent efforts lack the depth and insight-fulness of his earlier works. I guess it is the subtleness he employed when expressing his thoughts and feelings that I find lacking in songs like Bullfighter that leaves me uninterested. I get it. Humans shouldn't kill bulls. Fine. I agree. It is like he has lost his desire to connect to the listener on a personal level. Something he was so successful doing in the past. I know others don't agree with me but I am also sure that some do, and that is after all what we are here for. To discuss his music, and that I quite enjoy.

PS. Maladjusted is his best solo album! There...I said it. Don't kill the messenger :)

You're not too far off on your Maladjusted comment. And now packaged with the brilliant b-sides, it's quite sublime.

Last edited:
A lot of people seem to take great joy in slagging Bono & U2. What's ironic is that there are a lot of "other" people who take great joy in slagging Moz at every turn. I happen to enjoy both Moz and U2. The one thing they do have in common these days is their last album is not their best by any stretch of imagination but I'm overjoyed that both are alive and kicking and playing great shows.

Anyway, this should come as no surprise as Bono along with Noel Gallagher and others shared their love of Moz on The Importance of Being Morrissey. I am hated for loving...

The one thing they do have in common these days is their last album is not their best by any stretch of imagination.

You try to find something they have in common and end up with this? Britney Spears last album wasn't her best. Good God, she has something in common with Moz. Who would have thought that. It's true about almost anybody. I'm sure there is something they have in common. Paar any two individuals and you will find some common ground and if it's just the admiration of cats or something. But I see nothing essential. That said, all of this has of course absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Bono likes Morrissey which is peefectly okay. No problem at all.

Surface your a better man than this 4ekin eejit. You don't have to lick anyone's backside and me and you might not always agree with each other but I think we share a respect in some form. Just ignore the Irish Crank he talks shite and to prove he's talking shite I worked all over the place in a past job, they asked me if I would go to Belfast (they said I didn't have to if I didn't want to there was no pressure to make me go) Anyway I decided to go, I went three times in all and guess what ? I came back in one piece ! I never disappeared. I also met some lovely people they're not all like this loon.
One thing that sticks in my mind though was when we sailed into Belfast I went on deck and my first thoughts were what a dull dreary shit-hole with all its shades of black and grey.
My hotel was nice though it was called the Dunaddrie/Dunaddry or something.
Enjoy your week and turn the other cheek with this Irish Crank.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Good advice Benny and I will stick to it. Had a good look into George Borrowski. He has been involved with an incredible amount of musicians and for some reason its all passed me by. You're right on the mutual respect, after my early exchanges with you I realised that you had similar musical tastes to me and that you like to be mischievous on here, which originally pushed me into alter ego which is nothing like the real me.

Good advice Benny and I will stick to it. Had a good look into George Borrowski. He has been involved with an incredible amount of musicians and for some reason its all passed me by. You're right on the mutual respect, after my early exchanges with you I realised that you had similar musical tastes to me and that you like to be mischievous on here, which originally pushed me into alter ego which is nothing like the real me.

Hope you're going to brush your teeth tonight after all the arse- licking you've been doing, benny's hole must be spotless, got the butchers apron flying from your council flat?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom