Book of Letters

the thread opener passed away shortly after making the thread...

.... only kidding, i'm not entirely sure, to be fair.

I just found this thread in the archives and thought it a fascinating and brilliant idea. Purely out of interest, does anyone know if it ever happened?

Oh man, that was a GENIUS idea! I wish I'd thought of it! Is the member still active?

It does sound like a genius idea, but I don't know if it would work because mostly we just want to tell him we love him, if we have anything at all to say.

I say this because I made the happybirthdaymorrissey.com site for his 50th birthday and I found that most everyone just wanted to say that they love him. It's wonderful, of course, but I don't know if a whole book could be filled up with it.

It does sound like a genius idea, but I don't know if it would work because mostly we just want to tell him we love him, if we have anything at all to say.

I say this because I made the happybirthdaymorrissey.com site for his 50th birthday and I found that most everyone just wanted to say that they love him. It's wonderful, of course, but I don't know if a whole book could be filled up with it.

True...but there is so many ways to say I love you.

True...but there is so many ways to say I love you.

Well, you'd think.

I feel like he's heard it all before.

A better book would be our stories of how he fits into our lives. I think he'd enjoy that more, as would everyone else who'd read it.

Oh man, that was a GENIUS idea! I wish I'd thought of it! Is the member still active?

I wish I'd thought of something like that too, it was indeed a lovely idea.

Well, you'd think.

A better book would be our stories of how he fits into our lives. I think he'd enjoy that more, as would everyone else who'd read it.

That's a pretty good idea too. I also liked the idea (from the original thread) of putting drawings etc into the book.

Well, you'd think.

Actually, you're right...it'd be funnier to write too.

It sounds really nice.
But how will you get this letters?
The name of the book could be: To Morrissey, with Love

I know what I'll say don't matter on this thread, but some months ago I've read letters written by Morrissey (I cannot remember the blog) - one of these, he's said he had a girlfriend called Mary...

Last edited:
It sounds really nice.
But how will you get this letters?
The name of the book could be: To Morrissey, with Love

I know what I'll say don't matter on this thread, but some months ago I've read letters written by Morrissey (I cannot remember the blog) - one of these, he's said he had a girlfriend called Mary...

I'm not sure how the original thread-starter was going to do it, I can't remember right now. That's a nice title though.

And by the letters do you mean the letters Morrissey sent to his penpal in 1980-'81-ish? These? :)

I'm not sure how the original thread-starter was going to do it, I can't remember right now. That's a nice title though.

And by the letters do you mean the letters Morrissey sent to his penpal in 1980-'81-ish? These? :)

I know anything about the frist thread either... Why don't you ask to that member?

Yeah.. these are exactly the letters I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom