"Can Morrissey’s Musical Legacy Survive His Bad Press?" - Dallas Observer (July 16, 2019)

Moz's career is probably finished in Britain. Britain passed the 'tipping point' on mass immigration many years ago. Where London has gone - every city in Britain will follow: over-crowding, rampant knife crime, halal meat in every school and hospital as standard, the prison system and every madrasa a hotbed of radical jihadism - all to a soundtrack of 'grime'.
The Britain that Morrissey knew is over. Stormzy is a representation of modern Britain. The Smiths' and Morrissey's music should be viewed as mourning for a working class culture that has been wiped out (there was a reason for all that black and white cover art). Ethnic cleansing and cultural displacement of truly monumental callousness. True 'racism'.
Moz was saying this back in the 1980s. He's still saying it now.

He’s f***ed up massively in the UK and I doubt he will ever tour here again.
Seem to recall he sold enough tickets for the two Castlefield Bowl nights so that he could have sold out a venue the size of, say, Ardwick Apollo. Admittedly, he has probably continued to bleed fans since then. He's unlikely to ever play large venues again in the UK, maybe, but he could probably still tour in the future if he wants to.

Seem to recall he sold enough tickets for the two Castlefield Bowl nights so that he could have sold out a venue the size of, say, Ardwick Apollo. Admittedly, he has probably continued to bleed fans since then. He's unlikely to ever play large venues again in the UK, maybe, but he could probably still tour in the future if he wants to.

I don’t know where you get your information from? The Castlefield Bowl doesn’t have a capacity that much bigger than the Apollo with the seats removed. And he sold 400 tickets. There is uncertainty whether that figure was a total for both nights, or per night.

There was genuine shock here in Manchester in the music business at the poor sales, even after his comments.

Moz's career is probably finished in Britain. Britain passed the 'tipping point' on mass immigration many years ago. Where London has gone - every city in Britain will follow: over-crowding, rampant knife crime, halal meat in every school and hospital as standard, the prison system and every madrasa a hotbed of radical jihadism - all to a soundtrack of 'grime'.
The Britain that Morrissey knew is over. Stormzy is a representation of modern Britain. The Smiths' and Morrissey's music should be viewed as mourning for a working class culture that has been wiped out (there was a reason for all that black and white cover art). Ethnic cleansing and cultural displacement of truly monumental callousness. True 'racism'.
The thickos can disagree but I say as someone apolitical, you are correct. History will be your proof. I don’t have kids myself so I don’t care. I’m selfish :)

Clearly the answer is “no”! Look at the sales of his recent album and most of his fan base on this site. He is lucky to sell 25.000 copies of his album and most of his fan base, if this site is is an accurate reflection, are delusional bigots.

The thickos can disagree but I say as someone apolitical, you are correct. History will be your proof. I don’t have kids myself so I don’t care. I’m selfish :)

Oh, so we have another one who has to come on here and declare themself to be apolitical. Look, we don’t care whether you have sex or not! It’s all water off a ducks back to us. No wonder you post anonymously. Your type always do.

I’m fed up with sex things being rammed down our throats. I’m sick of disgusting apolitical types. And Morrissey is no racist. Do you hear me? Do you?

Morrissey sold less than 500 tickets for Castlefield. The Apollo capacity is 3,500.

He is a Loser in his home town.

If he comes back with a few great albums, no problem. Otherwise, it will be.

Spot on. The key bit being "The Britain that Morrissey knew is over. Stormzy is a representation of modern Britain. The Smiths' and Morrissey's music should be viewed as mourning for a working class culture that has been wiped out (there was a reason for all that black and white cover art)."

Shamefully, white kids think that's their culture. It isn't. Rock and Roll will be dead by the time we kick the bucket.

Clearly the answer is “no”! Look at the sales of his recent album and most of his fan base on this site. He is lucky to sell 25.000 copies of his album and most of his fan base, if this site is is an accurate reflection, are delusional bigots.

And yet.........you still care enough to comment on a Moz fan site when you could be on Snapchat. Amusing.

Long term, his legacy will survive. The music will ultimately outlast all of this, and the current controversies will be at most asterisks on that legacy. He is, and will be remembered as, one of the true greats.

Short term, he's done tremendous damage to his reputation and career; he will continue to tour and sell albums, and the fan base will hold, but it will be smaller and more marginalized. The albums won't sell as much, fewer people will come, the occasional venue might decline to book him. And consider the impact of all of this on tour merchandise, a considerable source of income for any artist; right now, a lot of people would not want to wear a Morrissey shirt in public, even if they stay in the fold as fans. The damage is real and will take years to recover from. He's 60 and doesn't have decades ahead of him, either. He needs to do serious work now to refocus public attention on his music and not on For Britain and Brexit and all of this political bullshit.

Morrissey sold less than 500 tickets for Castlefield. The Apollo capacity is 3,500.

He is a Loser in his home town.
He was never a mancunian at heart and never had the accent or style and behaviour of the place. He spoke about that at great length in an interview.

He would never claim that Manchester is his home. He's just fascinated with some parts of Greater Manchester that he used as inspiration.

He was never a mancunian at heart and never had the accent or style and behaviour of the place. He spoke about that at great length in an interview.

He would never claim that Manchester is his home. He's just fascinated with some parts of Greater Manchester that he used as inspiration.

Is that why he had a “homecoming show” in Manchester?

Is that why he had a “homecoming show” in Manchester?
Well that was just him being nice and see where it got him. His family moved there and of course will never become a real part of the place like so many migrants we see today.

He said himself he has no home anywhere and Manchester musicians always claimed "it's just a place we come from". The northern heritage pride died a bit with the black shirt nazis and after that it was impossible for northerners to be local patriots for real so music and sports replaced that.

No one in or from Manchester likes the place one bit and there has always been a love/hate relationship between Manchester and its inhabitants. Bernard Sumner also spoke about that cause the place used to be a dump.

I hope I'm in a box by the time England is fully ethnically cleansed.

But I suppose we're almost there already...

Last edited:
Well that was just him being nice and see where it got him. His family moved there and of course will never become a real part of the place like so many migrants we see today.

He said himself he has no home anywhere and Manchester musicians always claimed "it's just a place we come from". The northern heritage pride died a bit with the black shirt nazis and after that it was impossible for northerners to be local patriots for real so music and sports replaced that.

No one in or from Manchester likes the place one bit and there has always been a love/hate relationship between Manchester and its inhabitants. Bernard Sumner also spoke about that cause the place used to be a dump.

Yes. Because Morrissey always concerns him self with being “nice”. Good grief. I think we can agree that’s not the case.

Yes about 4000 out of the 16000 available, so would have filled the Apollo, which is a great venue. It’s the first time an artist from Manchester has failed to sell out Castlefield which says a lot about how his ill informed comments have pissed off his core fan base.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom