Chlöe Sevigny on Moz and the Smiths (Pitchfork)

Chloë Sevigny on the Music That Made Her So Cool - Pitchfork

Excerpt:

15 - The Smiths: Louder Than Bombs
I first heard the Smiths when I saw Pretty in Pink, and that just became the soundtrack to my life. I didn’t have a car yet, but I was sitting in my friend’s Volvo sedan at the beach and smoking cigarettes and being fake-miserable. That’s where all the weirdo teenagers hung out. They would go down there and skate and smoke weed and drink 40s, and the alternative girls would be there with their black Alice headbands, Docs, and baby doll dresses. It was more of an innocent time.

There was also a club that happened in Greenwich, Connecticut inside a church. Moby DJ’d there, and a lot of industrial boys would hang out there. I always had such crushes on them. It was all about Front 242, and that industrial dance that the boys would do. I always thought it was a really sexy dance.

30 - Morrissey: You Are the Quarry

Morrissey hadn’t put out anything for a long time, and it was just really exciting to have new songs and a tour. I went to 10 of those shows, traveled all around. I was like: I’m a teenager again, I’m in it. In Atlantic City, during “Everyday Is Like Sunday,” I waited for the right moment and went on stage and hugged him. And he was like, “Ah, my heart.” I couldn’t tell if it was because I scared him or if he liked me because I was wearing a floral dress and booties. I was there with two friends, [photographers] Ryan McGinley and Patrick O’Dell, who always take pictures of their friends everywhere, but neither of them got a photo. I was so disappointed. I think everyone was just so stunned. I was really reliving my youth there, maybe because, at 30, it was like a last hurrah of having a moment when you can do that.

40871_ChloeSevigny.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, she must be a real hardcore fan, number 15 for Louder Than Bombs and number 30 for "Quarry". I am impressed.
Why do I get the feeling it was more the "in" thing to do for jumping on that stage and not because she just loves Moz?
She has a nice, kind face though and friendly, lovable eyes.

I wait for Rifke's comment on this thread, her judgement is final and decisive. :rolleyes: :D
Don't have a clue what she will be saying.

Wow, she must be a real hardcore fan, number 15 for Louder Than Bombs and number 30 for "Quarry". I am impressed.
Why do I get the feeling it was more the "in" thing to do for jumping on that stage and not because she just loves Moz?

I wait for Rifke's comment on this thread, her judgement is final and decisive. :rolleyes: :D

I'm pretty sure it's...

not
number, it is what age she was.

is not a order of songs,is about her age...

I'm pretty sure it's...

not
number, it is what age she was.

Okay, sorry for my misunderstanding, but she didn't sound like a big fan, or explaining WHY she really likes The Smiths and/or Moz.
And I got the impression it was some tiny part of the total of music she likes and appreciates.
I could be wrong and that is all.
I just don't know. :thumb:

Not a mention of Winnie Wong, she'll never become the first female president now. Glad that at least someone out there is ageing with grace and skipping the night life.

Industrial boys being her type surprised me and Winnie Wong must be gutted that her best mate were into nazis.

Yes, she is very cool. The living proof you can be blonde, cool and interesting at the same time. I used to be blonde but got tired of it. Maybe I'll come back, just for a change. Boredom is the main force of change.

Yes, she is very cool. The living proof you can be blonde, cool and interesting at the same time. I used to be blonde but got tired of it. Maybe I'll come back, just for a change. Boredom is the main force of change.

Everything gets tyring, even spending one day in bed does.
Coolness, or what people think is cool is tyring too. To me.
For me, you are cool countthree for your posts but they don't tyre me.
You posted a lot about Moz that is insightful, interesting and funny and you did and do explain why you love Moz.

I am not dissing her, I don't seem to find anything interesting about what and why she loves Moz. In contradiction to you.
I need to know what Rifke thinks about it. :p

You posted a lot about Moz that is insightful, interesting and funny and you did and do explain why you love Moz.

I am not dissing her, I don't seem to find anything interesting about what and why she loves Moz. In contradiction to you.

'I am not dissing her, I don't seem to find anything interesting about what and why she loves Moz. In contradiction to you.'

leave her alone ! OR we will destroy you Quando ! , we will destroy yoooooou !!! :mad::mad::mad:

just kidding ;):)

Thanks Quando, you are very kind. We don't want to upset Rifke, one of the nicest personae here.

Thanks Quando, you are very kind. We don't want to upset Rifke, one of the nicest personae here.

No, I don't want to upset her! You are quite right about that.
Just interested in her opinion. :thumb:

'I am not dissing her, I don't seem to find anything interesting about what and why she loves Moz. In contradiction to you.'

leave her alone ! OR we will destroy you Quando ! , we will destroy yoooooou !!! :mad::mad::mad:

She lives in NY and acted in Woody Allen films, so she is millions of times cooler than me. Who dares to doubt about it? :)

OK, I will, but only because you said so. :) ;)

I was the right age when kids was released. Still a good movie and she was memorable in party monster. I like her voice

She lives in NY and acted in Woody Allen films, so she is millions of times cooler than me. Who dares to doubt about it? :)

Me, apparently.
Actors, hmm.
They can be good and convincing but I can't get it out of my mind they are actors. Acting as if what exactly? And outside their role, they are not acting? I suppose?
I know many people do act as if they were someone else.
Ah, forget it. :thumb:

She even was in the cast of Dogville by Lars Von Trier. One of the top ten films of all times.

Back
Top Bottom